Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
I have a very important question. Plz help me with It

I am applying for trv for myself .I am the wife.husband is in Canada .

I have to show my bank statement. I have a joint account with my mother n it has a pretty handsome amount of money. Do u guys think that is acceptable or they accept personally owned accounts only?

Plz reply urgenttttt thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
APAK said:
I have a very important question. Plz help me with It

I am applying for trv for myself .I am the wife.husband is in Canada .

I have to show my bank statement. I have a joint account with my mother n it has a pretty handsome amount of money. Do u guys think that is acceptable or they accept personally owned accounts only?

Plz reply urgenttttt thanks
Since the account shows your name too, i believe it should be fine.

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
Assalam Aluikum everyone,

I have applied for single entry TRV on 9th January 2014, took Biometric for on 10th January and then they asked me to give Biometric again on 29th January because of some issues with previous biometric. Today on 20th Feb they rejected my visa application giving reason for the Family Ties. I applied for visit to my wife and we are expecting our first baby. But i think my luck was not that good for the first time.

I'm thinking to apply again but with some more solid reasons to return to Pakistan InshaAllah. Let see what happens.

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
By the way i didn't understand why did they ask me to give Bio again when they were not going to approve the application.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ammar1987 said:
By the way i didn't understand why did they ask me to give Bio again when they were not going to approve the application.
I am sorry to hear that. Bio metric scan is being done by VAC or evaluated by initial people at CIC isb who do not make the actual decision. Their job is to make sure application is complete. Since they found something wrong with scans, they asked to get those again.

ia001

Feb 7, 2014
I'd same case as yours and I applied TRV/P twice for my daughter though she was two months when I was applying that for her. I'd advice not to waste your time on that and rather apply sponsorship in Canada, that wont take long in minors specially. I've applied same but waiting to get a reply from CPC now. Best of luck bro...

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
fkl said:
I am sorry to hear that. Bio metric scan is being done by VAC or evaluated by initial people at CIC isb who do not make the actual decision. Their job is to make sure application is complete. Since they found something wrong with scans, they asked to get those again.
Atleast i didn't get a shock when i got the refusal because i already read some posts here about visa being refused in my case.

I have a question, i have already applied for sponsorship on January 2013. So now does my visit visa refusal can impact the results of sponsorship application?

I'm IT consultant and i have a client in Canada who want's me to give some training sessions with there employees on a new application. So when i applied for visit visa i agreed with them and told them that once i get there before coming back to Pakistan i would give them 2 weeks training session. But now since visa is refused so i can't do that. So the Canadian company offered me that they can send a business invitation letter to me and on it's basis i can apply for a visit visa with reason as Business. Do you think after my refusal of visit visa to visit my wife they will consider any other application from me? If anyone can give me suggestion whether it's a good idea to apply for visit visa again with the reason as Business?

Thanks.

FreeHelp4Pakistanis

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-09-2013
LANDED..........
29-10-2013
ammar1987 said:
Atleast i didn't get a shock when i got the refusal because i already read some posts here about visa being refused in my case.

I have a question, i have already applied for sponsorship on January 2013. So now does my visit visa refusal can impact the results of sponsorship application?

I'm IT consultant and i have a client in Canada who want's me to give some training sessions with there employees on a new application. So when i applied for visit visa i agreed with them and told them that once i get there before coming back to Pakistan i would give them 2 weeks training session. But now since visa is refused so i can't do that. So the Canadian company offered me that they can send a business invitation letter to me and on it's basis i can apply for a visit visa with reason as Business. Do you think after my refusal of visit visa to visit my wife they will consider any other application from me? If anyone can give me suggestion whether it's a good idea to apply for visit visa again with the reason as Business?

Thanks.
Dear ammar1987,
Your TRV refusal will not impact on ur family sponsorship at all.don't worry.
You should try with an invitation letter from Canadian company.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ammar1987 said:

Thanks.
One - it has no impact on your sponsorship application. There are sooo many reasons and odd visit refusals (some justified and some not that i don't think CIC even tracks them when processing PR application.

Two - you are good to apply again for a business visit visa with sponsorship application from a client. It has far better likelihood of approval than earlier case. Just don't do immediately after first refusal in my opinion. If you have say a month's gap it is pretty okay.

If your circumstances necessitate you can even apply right away. The point is you shouldn't appear dying to leave for Canada one way or the other.

However, for the business visit, put every detail i.e. your travel dates, stay details, return date (even put temp reserved itinerary), funding evidence to support the trip (whether it is being afforded by client or you yourself) and you should be good.

There are soo many case when people are refused visit visa first time and got in the second attempt. Only that their was a fair and genuine reason for the visit and you had solid foundations to back up. This applies to both US and Canada.

All the best.

bb327

Feb 20, 2014
study permit within Canada for visitors from Pakistan

Hello all,
I am from Lahore and in Canada on valid visitor status. I want to apply for study permit. I have following questions:
-Can I apply study permit to Los Angeles embassy during my stay in Canada?
-If sent them paper application how to pay required fees as I am in Canada. (Also I am afraid to sent them my original passports (through mail).
-Biometrics is an other question, I have already given biometrics in Pakistan about a month and half ago. Do I have to give biometric for study permit again? if yes then where in Canada I can give biometrics. (my country does require biometrics to apply for study permit).
-Do they call you for interview in Los Angeles? I don't have valid documentation to enter USA.

please help .

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Re: study permit within Canada for visitors from Pakistan

bb327 said:
Hello all,
I am from Lahore and in Canada on valid visitor status. I want to apply for study permit. I have following questions:
-Can I apply study permit to Los Angeles embassy during my stay in Canada?
-If sent them paper application how to pay required fees as I am in Canada. (Also I am afraid to sent them my original passports (through mail).
-Biometrics is an other question, I have already given biometrics in Pakistan about a month and half ago. Do I have to give biometric for study permit again? if yes then where in Canada I can give biometrics. (my country does require biometrics to apply for study permit).
-Do they call you for interview in Los Angeles? I don't have valid documentation to enter USA.

please help .
You cannot apply from with in Canada unless you are "admitted to Canada for at least a period of one year". This excludes visit visa status which allows you a single entry for a maximum of six months.

So you have to apply from Pakistan and that should cover most of your questions.

bb327

Feb 20, 2014
Hello all,

I am trying to understand some statements from cic official website.
In the link "where to send application" :
it says;

For (new) study or temporary work permits, apply to:
Los Angeles
New York

For new temporary resident visas (MUST hold a valid study or work permit), apply to: CPC-O

then it says (this part I don't understand).

"Visitors in Canada, who require a TRV, can no longer submit their application to a visa office in the United States when applying from inside Canada. They must apply either to the visa office responsible for their country of nationality, or to a visa office in a country in which they are present and have been legally admitted."

I am from Pakistan (TRV required country), I am in Canada on valid visitor status wants to apply study permit, I checked websites for both LA and NY but could not find explanation related to my situation.

any help explaining above cic statements is appreciated.
Also do I really have to go back to Pak to apply for study permit? Is there any way I can apply from inside Canada?

mahirali

Oct 22, 2009
Assalam-o-Allaikum,

I applied for my wife TRV on 21st January, she submitted the Biometric on 3 February and unfortunately I received a refusal Today stating

"You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence"

I have purchased the travel insurance + itinerary + all the documents required including all the letters. In the letter I have also mentioned that we have sponsorship application and we will not risk that application process by over staying.

I would like to know how can I make them believe that she will leave Canada on time. She is not working at the moment. But even if I ask her to start a Job how long will I have to wait before reapplying.

Any help/ suggestion is highly appreciable.

Regards,
Mahir

ia001

Feb 7, 2014
Dear All

There is not point for family class to apply for TRV or TRP in Pakistan(specially). I visit CHC in Islamabad to get all the info and I tried it twice for my 3 months old daughter and refused. Finally got a call from VO from CHC Islamabad and he explained me things in more details. I took his advice and came back to Canada and applied sponsorship. I checked my status on Friday at night and it says "Decision Made". They sent me a letter on 19th Feb 14 and hopefully I will get it this week. If its a Yes or No. The the ball will go to CHC Islamabad court.
May be I am wrong but that was my personal experience....

farmer200012

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I want to apply visit visa for My parents (they are old) to visit me here in Canada. They are currently in Pakistan.

I want to submit paper application from Pakistan but I don,t know exactly the FORMS# and checklist which I have to follow, filled and submitted with supporting document in CHC Islamabad.

I found a below mentioned link but its showed me many forms(confused) http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/forms_temporary_resident_temporaire_formulaires.aspx?lang=eng

Could you please let me know the exact FORMS# so I can start.

Thank you.