+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

saraza14

Sep 18, 2013
Salam All,

I need some help to apply TRV for my 02 kids living in Islamabad with mother and I am in Canada. I have submitted application of sponsorship in canada and i dont know how much time it will take to process?

Can I et single entry visa of my 02 kids to enter in Canada and rest of process of sponsorship will resume from here ?

Regards;
Raza

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
saraza14 said:
Salam All,

I need some help to apply TRV for my 02 kids living in Islamabad with mother and I am in Canada. I have submitted application of sponsorship in canada and i dont know how much time it will take to process?

Can I et single entry visa of my 02 kids to enter in Canada and rest of process of sponsorship will resume from here ?

Regards;
Raza
Walaikumassalam,

You mentioned sponsorship, so your status is probably a PR or a citizen. Usual sponsorship times are around 2+ years from Pakistan at the moment.

You can definitely try temp resident visas for kids and spouse. But probably if you kids are 6+ years old and your spouse is educated, you should rather apply for "open work permit" for your spouse and "open study permit" for kids.

If kids and younger, then you would apply for multiple entry trvs. Single entry doesn't seem to make sense here.

Among other factors, your own financial state should be reasonable to support them in Canada.

However, since the intent seems relatively clear here i.e. you want your family along because you are in Canada, there is always a possibility of refusal. Still trv / open work permit etc. are usually processed with in a few months, so it is definitely worth a shot, specially if you recently applied for sponsorship.

sarfarosh9349

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Dear Friends

My parents are applying for TRV. They are submitting paper applciation to Karachi Fed ex office. My question is that they have made an online reservation at Turkish airline website and also did the same for hotel reservation online. They haven't paid any money on website, just the reservation. Would it be ok if they submit travel itinerary and hotel reservation along with TRV application documents to Fed Ex.

Also that itinerary clearly says that it would be expire with in 8 days, if the payment is not made. Won't it have any bad effect on their TRV application

Please suggest

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sarfarosh9349 said:
Dear Friends

My parents are applying for TRV. They are submitting paper applciation to Karachi Fed ex office. My question is that they have made an online reservation at Turkish airline website and also did the same for hotel reservation online. They haven't paid any money on website, just the reservation. Would it be ok if they submit travel itinerary and hotel reservation along with TRV application documents to Fed Ex.

Also that itinerary clearly says that it would be expire with in 8 days, if the payment is not made. Won't it have any bad effect on their TRV application

Please suggest

Thanks
It is good to submit this along. CIC specifically says dont buy any tickets or stuff unless you have received a confirmation. So you should not pay for tickets even if they expire.

On the other hand, showing a concrete plan with dates of travel, where to stay and when to come back are very positive contributions towards an application and if you are lucky you might get approval very soon.

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
how much time do they take to reject visitor visa?

s_abbas72

Feb 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

Just need advise on the visitor visa refusal from Canadian Embassy in Pakistan for my sister in law(my brother's wife), her application was rejected with the following reason only.

Your Travel history

We are not sure what is wrong with the travel history; she did travel Iran and Iraq, but the purpose was to visit religious places only. Her Son(my nephew) is also studying here in Canada since last year and she wanted to see him and also to attend the marriage ceremony of her Nephew. Moreover, her real sister and I both sent the invitation letter clearly mentioning that she we return after 2 month of stay as she has to look after her family back home.

Can somebody please help what we can do? Secondly, can she appeal the case in Pakistan or I have to appeal on this refusal from here in Canada? please advise.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
s_abbas72 said:
Hi everyone,

Just need advise on the visitor visa refusal from Canadian Embassy in Pakistan for my sister in law(my brother's wife), her application was rejected with the following reason only.

Your Travel history

We are not sure what is wrong with the travel history; she did travel Iran and Iraq, but the purpose was to visit religious places only. Her Son(my nephew) is also studying here in Canada since last year and she wanted to see him and also to attend the marriage ceremony of her Nephew. Moreover, her real sister and I both sent the invitation letter clearly mentioning that she we return after 2 month of stay as she has to look after her family back home.

Can somebody please help what we can do? Secondly, can she appeal the case in Pakistan or I have to appeal on this refusal from here in Canada? please advise.
For one there is no such policy of appeal on visitors visa. You have to reapply in any case.

Other than that, i can't really say, may be they flagged iran and iraq on some security list. Or may be it is just that they think she might stay there illegally or something. This is just probable speculation only based upon many cases that we have heard of.

You might try again in a while and might get through.

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
dextroo said:
I go my Trv approved on 11 feb 2014. I had applied so tht I can be with my wife for the birth of our child.

I applied on in aug 13 n got rejected in sept 13

I re applied in nov 13 and got Trv approved in feb 14

I would like to add a lot of ppl here commented when I applied tht birth case is not a proper reason n trvs are rejected, but here is my case I got it approved.
Congratulations brother and it's a very good news you posted for everyone. I'm also waiting for my visa approval for the similar case and praying that it will also be approved InshaAllah.

alirz23

Star Member
May 20, 2012
Aslam O Alaikum

Hi guys

I have a question I am planing to go Canada for few days next month (March) as I am already going to US I have a 5 years multiple US Visa, I was just wondering if I would be issued a Tourist/Visit Visa for Canada?

Thanks
Ali

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alirz23 said:
Aslam O Alaikum

Hi guys

I have a question I am planing to go Canada for few days next month (March) as I am already going to US I have a 5 years multiple US Visa, I was just wondering if I would be issued a Tourist/Visit Visa for Canada?

Thanks
Ali
US and Canadian visas are separate things for some one from say Pakistan (basically neither a Canadian nor US resident). It might play a slight positive role to get visa for the latter if you already have one for other. However, this by no means implies that it is as simple as it is for Canadian PR / national OR US PR / national.

You still have to apply and get approval for a Canadian visit visa pretty much similar to how you got it for US. You MIGHT have relatively easier (and faster) processing if you are already in the US when you apply for it. Of course Canadian visit visa does not require an interview as opposed to one for US

Wyz

Star Member
Mar 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
Nov 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 2012, tfr to ISL May 2013
Med's Request
July 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
dextroo said:
I go my Trv approved on 11 feb 2014. I had applied so tht I can be with my wife for the birth of our child.

I applied on in aug 13 n got rejected in sept 13

I re applied in nov 13 and got Trv approved in feb 14

I would like to add a lot of ppl here commented when I applied tht birth case is not a proper reason n trvs are rejected, but here is my case I got it approved.
Congratulations! The same happened with my husband, he applied in December, and his got approved in February as I am also expecting. At least CHC Islamabad is considerate of having families together for the birth of their children.

So anyone in this position (ie. Wife is the sponsor and is in Canada and expecting) should definitely apply for a TRV, at least you can be together in this time and seems that CHC Isl recognizes this fact.

dextroo

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
london
Visa Office......
London
Wyz said:
Congratulations! The same happened with my husband, he applied in December, and his got approved in February as I am also expecting. At least CHC Islamabad is considerate of having families together for the birth of their children.

So anyone in this position (ie. Wife is the sponsor and is in Canada and expecting) should definitely apply for a TRV, at least you can be together in this time and seems that CHC Isl recognizes this fact.
Congrats to u as well. Yes glad they are giving visas in such cases.

deepocan

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOA all,
I am in process to apply for super VISA for my both parents. My both parents are in Karachi. My question is if someone applied and got the VISA successfully. I need some help to complete the process. I know most of information is available on cic website but successful applicant's experience would be great help.

waiting110

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad: Husband's case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 to Ottawa, June 2013 to Isl, Feb 2014 to London
I have a question, I guess I should ask it again.
How quickly do the reject visit visa application? The current processing time is about 50 days. Does it take them a week, 2 weeks or a month to reject the application?

dextroo

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
london
Visa Office......
London
waiting110 said:
I have a question, I guess I should ask it again.
How quickly do the reject visit visa application? The current processing time is about 50 days. Does it take them a week, 2 weeks or a month to reject the application?
Initially when I applied for Trv I got rejected within 14 days. N when I reapplied I got Trv after 3 months and 5 days.