+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

Muhriz

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Aslam o Alikum All,

Good to see this thread, I need guidance regarding visit visa for my Sister (age 26, unmarried).

I'm Canadian citizen and would like my sister to visit me for about 6 months. She is finishing up her M. Phil in Feb. and then will be starting PHD, there is a gap of few months in between and that's where we want to utilize the time and have her visit to Canada.

What is the overall process to get this started, if it has already been discussed then please provide me link to that page.

Also, given the above situation what are the chances for approval and what supporting documents would be best in this case. I'll be supporting her expenses in Canada (recently got laid off from work and i'm on severance and looking for new job) while in Pakistan she is dependent on father, she doesn't have any property on her name.

Much appreciated.

m_atif85

Feb 1, 2014
AOA, :) Hi Guys, how are you? I want to apply for Canadian Visit Visa from UAE... My concern is how much i have show them in my Bank Account ::), I am working here as Computer Program for Banking sector...

ammar1987

Dec 14, 2013
Assalam Aluikum everyone,

I applied for single entry TRV on 9th of January 2014 and gave Biometric on 10th Jan in Lahore. I applied for TRV online. Three days back i received email from Embassy that i have to give Biometric again due to some issues in previous biometrics i gave. So i went to Biometric office next day to give again the finger prints without paying any fees. The person who was taking finger print was surprised that they asked to take again the Biometric for me because they take prints very carefully. I asked him the reason but he said that embassy didn't provide any reason.

Does this happened with anyone else?

Regards,
Ammar

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ammar1987 said:
Assalam Aluikum everyone,

I applied for single entry TRV on 9th of January 2014 and gave Biometric on 10th Jan in Lahore. I applied for TRV online. Three days back i received email from Embassy that i have to give Biometric again due to some issues in previous biometrics i gave. So i went to Biometric office next day to give again the finger prints without paying any fees. The person who was taking finger print was surprised that they asked to take again the Biometric for me because they take prints very carefully. I asked him the reason but he said that embassy didn't provide any reason.

Does this happened with anyone else?

Regards,
Ammar
WS,

Biometrics have been inducted into the system pretty recently. So i doubt any one who is already through with this process a few months ago would have any knowledge of this.

Having said that, a lot of things often go that way i.e. documents lost / not received, miscommunicated bla bla with the embassy. So just be contented with that fact that you didnt have to pay fee again and go through that.

There is nothing concerning here as far i know.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
m_atif85 said:
AOA, :) Hi Guys, how are you? I want to apply for Canadian Visit Visa from UAE... My concern is how much i have show them in my Bank Account ::), I am working here as Computer Program for Banking sector...
WS we are well - thanks for asking and hope the same at your end.

Bank account is not the primary factor, though you must have enough money to sponsor your visit comfortably. Say if you are going for a month's visit then may be equivalent of a few thousand canadian dollars should at least be there to cover your tickets, stay and other stuff.

Too less or too much money both might appear negative. But generally speaking if you have a lot of money, total cost of vist + few thousand dollars in your account is enough.

There are other things that are more important. Your ties to your country of residence, ensuring embassy that you would return and not stay illegally in Canada, your PURPOSE of vist i.e. do you really need to be there.

If you are planning a vacation of some sort, past travel history, itinerary and complete plans i.e. tentative hotel reservations, return date and ticket itinerary etc. would help and would play the most significant role.

Details of your ties include having a solid job in UAE with bank statement showing income etc. would play a major role.

If you have family behind in UAE (means wife/ kids) not parents, then that would serve as a strong tie.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Muhriz said:
Aslam o Alikum All,

Good to see this thread, I need guidance regarding visit visa for my Sister (age 26, unmarried).

I'm Canadian citizen and would like my sister to visit me for about 6 months. She is finishing up her M. Phil in Feb. and then will be starting PHD, there is a gap of few months in between and that's where we want to utilize the time and have her visit to Canada.

What is the overall process to get this started, if it has already been discussed then please provide me link to that page.

Also, given the above situation what are the chances for approval and what supporting documents would be best in this case. I'll be supporting her expenses in Canada (recently got laid off from work and i'm on severance and looking for new job) while in Pakistan she is dependent on father, she doesn't have any property on her name.

Much appreciated.
Walaikumassalam,

Generally it is hard to get visa approved in this type of cases since

1) there is less than a genuine reason for a person to be there.
2) They have doubts that she might not return and could continue living there illegally specially if she has you to support her.

Having said all that, you could do the following to have better prospects of approval.

1) Only apply when you (the sponsor) have (has) a decent job and earnings. Being laid off is not bad, but some body sponsoring another WHILE THEY DON'T have a job / secure means of earning is a sure no.

2) She could secure admission to PhD, show her starting date in Pakistan in documents, with proof of some enough funds with you to sponsor her.

The detail of how exactly you get approval for sponsoring is a bit hazy in my mind. Perhaps others could clarify that further. But basically you get an approval for being a sponsor by writing a letter. Once that is through, then your sister would apply at CIC islamabad for her visa along with that sponsorship letter. The more strong local ties to pakistan she could show (property, family, further study / job etc. the better.

jimmy001

Feb 1, 2014
ASSALLAMUALIKUM,

Hope everybody is enjoying good health? I need to know if anybody applied for TRV at the beginning of Nov 2013 through VAC Islamabad (paper based application) and still didn't hear from embassy?

I have applied and its almost 3 months and I heard nothing ... If Anybody could explain ?

Much Appreciated....

Feb 1, 2014
Dear Team- nice to see the forum helping out pakistanies. I want to join canada as my elder brother is already an immigrant there. I am graduate and working in a leading telecom company in pakistan. How You will guide me. I mean, immigration, studies or what ? thanks and regards.

m_atif85

Feb 1, 2014
fkl said:
WS we are well - thanks for asking and hope the same at your end.

Bank account is not the primary factor, though you must have enough money to sponsor your visit comfortably. Say if you are going for a month's visit then may be equivalent of a few thousand canadian dollars should at least be there to cover your tickets, stay and other stuff.

Too less or too much money both might appear negative. But generally speaking if you have a lot of money, total cost of vist + few thousand dollars in your account is enough.

There are other things that are more important. Your ties to your country of residence, ensuring embassy that you would return and not stay illegally in Canada, your PURPOSE of vist i.e. do you really need to be there.

If you are planning a vacation of some sort, past travel history, itinerary and complete plans i.e. tentative hotel reservations, return date and ticket itinerary etc. would help and would play the most significant role.

Details of your ties include having a solid job in UAE with bank statement showing income etc. would play a major role.

If you have family behind in UAE (means wife/ kids) not parents, then that would serve as a strong tie.
I really appreciate and time of response is incredible. I was that process will be very tough but you provide me strength. Thank a lot.

Last Question I want some help ;) in filling up form is that possible u guys can help others will benefited out of it.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
jimmy001 said:
ASSALLAMUALIKUM,

Hope everybody is enjoying good health? I need to know if anybody applied for TRV at the beginning of Nov 2013 through VAC Islamabad (paper based application) and still didn't hear from embassy?

I have applied and its almost 3 months and I heard nothing ... If Anybody could explain ?

Much Appreciated....
Hello i also applied in nov and since then no news .. I m also worried as it should not take this long..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
m_atif85 said:
I really appreciate and time of response is incredible. I was that process will be very tough but you provide me strength. Thank a lot.

Last Question I want some help ;) in filling up form is that possible u guys can help others will benefited out of it.
You are most welcome. Time of response might not always be the same, it is when people have some spare time, they look at emails / threads quickly and see if they can respond in a few minutes. At times, it might take a lot longer :)

I am not sure what exactly you meant in your last statement. If you have confusions about specific fields in filling up forms, put your concerns here and we will try to help as much as we can. This is a voluntary service, from the people who have been through the process before, just out of courtesy to others so they don't make the same mistakes. There is NO BENEFIT we do or intend to make out of it.

A lot of people ask about their confusions in filling forms and most of them are answered - to the best of knowledge of those responding without any charge or any thing.

sssnv

Feb 3, 2014
AOA,
Looking for some information regarding visitor visa. If anyone can either give me the information or direct me to the relavant thread, that would be highly appreciated.

My parents are applying for a visit visa. They reside in Islamabad currently.
-First question is whether they should send a paper-based app or online? Does anyone know if we can upload as many documents online or is there a certain limit?
-Second question is regarding the supporting documents. They will be in Canada for 1 month. How much Funds should they show? There is a section on the form which asks "how much money do you have to support yourself" . If we write $10,000 , do they have to show a bank statement worth that much amount?
- Regarding the invitation letter. I have written a letter for them. My dad's sister, who is also in Canada, has also written a letter inviting my parents for her daughter's wedding. She has also attached the original wedding card. Should i include my own bank statement with my invitation letter?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,

jimmy001

Feb 1, 2014
muzmil said:
Hello jimmy , have u emailed islamad embassy to find out ?
Hi Muzmil,

I did email them twice, For the first email they replied that the application is under review and for the second they didnt reply.

How about you? did you email ?