Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
alich6008 said:
Hi there
I need information for my brother. He is a Pakistani national but living in UK for more then 6 years. Last year he married with a British citizen girl. They want to move to Canada. His wife wishes to go Canada for work. Is there any possibility that her wife can sponsor him, or some another way the she can bring her spouse with him?
If there is any way or type of a visa, then from where he should apply for his Visa, Pakistan or UK. Currently he is living in UK.
Your advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you
"Sponsorship" is technically used when a spouse sponsors their partner to become a permanent resident of Canada. Only permanent residents and citizens of Canada can "sponsor" their spouse.

If his wife comes to work in Canada on a work permit, your brother can apply for a TRV (a visit visa) based on the condition of joining his wife in Canada. He can get an open work permit since his wife has a work permit here.

If he has been in the UK for more than 6 months, he can apply from the UK.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
dotmatrix said:
"Sponsorship" is technically used when a spouse sponsors their partner to become a permanent resident of Canada. Only permanent residents and citizens of Canada can "sponsor" their spouse.

If his wife comes to work in Canada on a work permit, your brother can apply for a TRV (a visit visa) based on the condition of joining his wife in Canada. He can get an open work permit since his wife has a work permit here.

If he has been in the UK for more than 6 months, he can apply from the UK.
Provided the spouse is on a work permit in NOC 0, A or B.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
abrarmohsin said:
Yesterday, by the grace of Almighty Allah, my wife got her Visit visa from Islamabad embassy. Following are her timelines:

Applied Online: December 8th
Passport Request: January 13th
Passport Received: January 23rd
Many congrats

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting

ASyed

Jun 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 2012
File Transfer...
ISL April 2013 then LON May 2014 add doc req May 2014 now PPR1 req April 2015
Med's Request
April 21 2015
Interview........
June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DENIED VISA on June 22 2015
abrarmohsin said:
Yesterday, by the grace of Almighty Allah, my wife got her Visit visa from Islamabad embassy. Following are her timelines:

Applied Online: December 8th
Passport Request: January 13th
Passport Received: January 23rd
Asslamauliklum abrarmohsin,

Allhumdullilah and Congratulations

ASyed :D

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
Faizi said:
fkl,thank u so much for the reply.
yes,my child is studying in school.and there will be his summer vacations in June and I can get a certificate from his school.
what other documents I will need as supporting documents for my child's visit visa?
my elder sister is canadian citizen.do I need an invitation letter from her too?
please, guide me how should I apply for my child with minimum chances of rejection?
plz bro,help me out.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alich6008 said:
Please advise, what is NOC 0, A or B?
Also, after how long duration she will be eligible to sponsor his spouse?
You should google it but basically Canadian government has a classification list for jobs. So you have to look for your job to find out which noc code it falls in. Primarily if it is a skilled job for the primary work permit holder, only then you are eligible to bring in your family.

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
sadia jalil said:
I am here in BC on TRV for two years on student status. I am a masters student in 2 years program in health. I arrived here in October 2013 along my 2 kids, one 10 years old and other 5 years old.....I have completed one semester, now I want to call my 2 daughters to me they are 14 and 13 years old, they are with my husband in Pakistan. please guide me how should I apply for them with minimum chances of rejection...? If I find admission for them in private schools and than call them here on study permit? will they still be considered as my dependents or not...?.I am looking for the answer for more than a month, but from every forum I got adviced to contact other forum.....please reply me if anyone can guide me better...I will be very grateful....
secondly I am guiding Pakistani students and assisting them in getting admission at BC institutes....if anyone wants help please feel free to ask ....
AOA,

First of all, kindly share us what is your exact plan? If you are thinking about asylum by calling all you children in Canada then this will not appropriate step. Remember, you are on study permit and it will be difficult to sponsor the remaining children and their strong ties will be week from your home country. So, complete you study and then take work permit and then afterwards you can sponsor them which i think will be smooth process.

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sadia jalil said:
I am here in BC on TRV for two years on student status. I am a masters student in 2 years program in health. I arrived here in October 2013 along my 2 kids, one 10 years old and other 5 years old.....I have completed one semester, now I want to call my 2 daughters to me they are 14 and 13 years old, they are with my husband in Pakistan. please guide me how should I apply for them with minimum chances of rejection...? If I find admission for them in private schools and than call them here on study permit? will they still be considered as my dependents or not...?.I am looking for the answer for more than a month, but from every forum I got adviced to contact other forum.....please reply me if anyone can guide me better...I will be very grateful....
secondly I am guiding Pakistani students and assisting them in getting admission at BC institutes....if anyone wants help please feel free to ask ....
This might be a little twisted one. First because you are on student status, you need to provide enough "proof of funds" that you can support your kids for at least a year. There is a formal chart showing those funds i think on cic website. In addition to your own cost, it is like 5-6k per child per year. You DO NOT need to get your children admitted to a school to call them for study since they are under 18, you can apply for OPEN STUDY PERMIT using the same forms as study permit, but leaving the "institution fields" as not applicable and choosing open study permit as type. Details of this are on cic islamabad website. You don't need to get your kids in private school. They are legally entited to study in a public school in Canada since they are your depends. I assume you did put them correctly in your family information form when you applied for the first time? If you didn't, then it's a mess.

Lastly, you have to apply fast because they should be here BEFORE your currently study permit is valid for more than six months. If you apply late and application is still in embassy while you have six months or less left in your study permit, it would be a refusal. Or even if they get here and there is less than six months left, they wont get health cards or sin etc.

So do it fast, you are through with one semester, your application should be in embassy in a month and should be through while you have a year left. The only most important things needed in your case are

1) Proof of funds - along with proof of source of income to make it more legitimate
2) Proof of relationship - birthcertificates, bayforms and family information forms of Nadra along with marriage certificate and translation.

Aren't you bringing in your husband too? You are supposed to apply for an "Open work permit" if that is the case.

P.S. I came to Canada on a work permit with spouse and 3 kids - so i know the details of process well. Please feel free for any further questions in this regard.

All the best.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
fkl,help me to prepare my kid's visit visa application too.
do I need an invitation from my sister who is canadian citizen?
what other documents i should submit to make my kid's case strong.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Faizi said:
fkl,thank u so much for the reply.
yes,my child is studying in school.and there will be his summer vacations in June and I can get a certificate from his school.
what other documents I will need as supporting documents for my child's visit visa?
my elder sister is canadian citizen.do I need an invitation letter from her too?
please, guide me how should I apply for my child with minimum chances of rejection?
I had to look back at your earlier posts to get the whole picture. So it took me a while to respond.

If you want your child to be going to your sister and staying with her for the visit, yes - you should get an invitation letter from her.

More importantly if your spouse is in Pakistan, and NOT going to Canada for now, that should be clarified some where like in family information form, because i believe that would serve as a strong home tie as well. Other than that proof of enough funds for his visit and complete travel plans would be sufficient in my opinion.

Faizi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
WP
thank u fkl.
my wife is not traveling with us.
actually,my child's visit visa have been refused twicely 6 years ago.
we applied as whole family that time and get refused.now i have 2 years muktiple entries visit visa.
what r the chances of my child's visa this time?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
No problem - any time.

It's hard to say, but usually six years is a long time for any refusal to carry value. Unless there was a very legitimate reason for refusal that would still exist today, i doubt it would matter at all.

Still you should know why it happened that way back then, though since you said you applied for whole family, it probably means they refused risking you all might not return.

I had to apply for visit visa to US twice, both times with a different employer in Pakistan and i had to go for work related reasons. The first time it was refused stating they were not satisfied that i would return. A couple years latter when i was in a more senior position and compensation, it was granted easily and very quickly