+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

abkinmo

Sep 8, 2017
This is what is shown on my application online right now.

Where is this application?
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: Not applicable.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Does this mean we have passed all medicals? How long before we receive 2nd request for PPR?

Thanks
Yes.... it means everyone currently in the application has passed medicals. Can't say when you will receive 2nd PPR. But you are good to go. This is exactly how my profile page reads also. So we are in same boat. One can only wait now. Cos it's like the file will be added to the Long Queue for LVO final review before triggering PPR again cos the eligibility of the child will be accessed now.
From what I've seen it typically takes 2 months and maximum 3 months from when you got 2nd MEP to get 2nd PPR.

abkinmo

Sep 8, 2017
My Final Timeline:
FSW-O (NIGERIA)
London VO
AOR - 5 OCT 2017
MEP & IP1 - 18 OCT 2017
NA2 - 23 OCT 2017
ADNR / FTD - 21 NOV 2017
IP2 - 29 JAN 2018
Passport Biodata Page Request - 02 March 2018
1st PPR - 02 March 2018
Informed CIC and Sent Docs for Newborn - 09 March 2018
Newborn Added(UCI/IME Updated/ Medical Request) - 16 March 2018
Appeared for Newborn Medical - 24 March 2018
2nd Medical Passed - 26 March 2018
2nd PPR - 11 April 2018

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
My Final Timeline:
FSW-O (NIGERIA)
London VO
AOR - 5 OCT 2017
MEP & IP1 - 18 OCT 2017
NA2 - 23 OCT 2017
ADNR / FTD - 21 NOV 2017
IP2 - 29 JAN 2018
1st PPR - 02 March 2018
2nd PPR - 11 April 2018
Great! Congrats, you have got your PPR much earlier. I had to wait for the 2nd PPR for ages! it is finally here. It came on Apr 20, 2018. I have already submitted my original passports to the VFS Global for Canada yesterday. Now I am waiting for the return of the passports. On myCIC account, there is a placeholder to upload. It says under the primary applicant:

Replacement Needed
Passport (required)
Instructions - Document: Passport 20 May 2018

does this mean I have to upload only the primary applicant passport or all the passports?

Please help if you can.

Thanks

abkinmo

Sep 8, 2017
Great! Congrats, you have got your PPR much earlier. I had to wait for the 2nd PPR for ages! it is finally here. It came on Apr 20, 2018. I have already submitted my original passports to the VFS Global for Canada yesterday. Now I am waiting for the return of the passports. On myCIC account, there is a placeholder to upload. It says under the primary applicant:

Replacement Needed
Passport (required)
Instructions - Document: Passport 20 May 2018

does this mean I have to upload only the primary applicant passport or all the passports?

Please help if you can.

Thanks
Congrats.... you just upload the principal applicant passport data page alone.

kamalt

Apr 13, 2017
My Final Timeline:
FSW-O (NIGERIA)
London VO
AOR - 5 OCT 2017
MEP & IP1 - 18 OCT 2017
NA2 - 23 OCT 2017
ADNR / FTD - 21 NOV 2017
IP2 - 29 JAN 2018
1st PPR - 02 March 2018
2nd PPR - 11 April 2018
Have you got ur passport back from the embassy?

Kushan patel

Jun 14, 2017
Hi all, I may be new to the conversation but here is my case layout

I got PPR on 16/11/2017 had to submit my passports within 30 days (15/12/17). Blessed with a baby girl on 22/11/17. Intimated CIC on 29/11/17 with Birth Certificate (already had intimated that we were expecting a child with my wifes medicals). CIC-O replied on 02/12/17 I had to inform NDVO. Mailed NDVO on same day. No replies from them for over 20 days. PPR was to expire on 16/12/17 so I had no choice but to submit passports of me and my wife for stamping. And guess what, I got visa stamped on 23/12/17 (happy but not much coz.....)

NDVO replied to my mail on 29/12/17. They asked for the following documents to be sent to them by email.

- New IMM0008 form including your child’s information

- New Additional family information forms for you and your spouse (IMM5407)

- Pay the document replacement fee for you and your spouse (CAD $30) each online and send the receipt to our office by email.

- Pay the processing fee for your child online and send the receipt to our office by email

and also asked me to send our passports back for cancellation :( of the VISA granted (we 3 will receive the new visa together)

I sent them all documents on 04/01/18. NDVO replied on 16/01/18 informing my daughters UCI & IME and asked for her medicals. Got my passports with visa cancelled. Submitted my daughters medicals on 22/01/18.

Waiting for their next mail. Hopefully its a PPR now :rolleyes:
What is your current status?? Please explain what happened after u submitted your daughters medical?

Bam0130

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi, I am sponsoring my parents and there was a temporary public policy that changed the dependent age to 22 under. We have added my sister to my parents application. Immigration asked for updated forms, fee and proof of medical but did not send IME forms so my sister did an upfront medical. My parents received a medical request with IME forms and did the medicals here in Canada as they are here under supervisa. All their medicals my sister and my parents were done in March 2018, it has been 3months and the ecas shows medicls are under review, i called the doctor nd they said everything was sent completely. Is this normal for an add-on dependent,is it because she did an upfront medical and it is not directly linked to the application but I sent them a copy of it..

LeThaiKhanhHa

Sep 17, 2017
Hello, I'm in the same situation and now preparing documents to add my newborn post COPR. I already informed my visa office and received the list of requested documents from them. However, I can't find the mentioned Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo Specifications anywhere. When I click on the question mark in my CIC account for instruction it says:
  • The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm x 45mm.
  • The photographs must show a full front view of the head and tops of shoulders, with the face in the middle of the photograph.
  • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm.
  • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Is that the correct photo specifications to follow?

In addition, there are two place to upload photos, so should I use the same photos to upload in both place?

Please advise. Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

jayantimishra

Aug 25, 2018
Hi Gang,
Thank you for all your infos, very helpful.

My situation is as below:

1. I received CoPR request on Aug 5th
2. New Baby was born on Aug 15th
3. I will be unable to sent the Passport documents for COPR by Sep 5 as the process of adding the new born will take more time
4. I haven't received any email from CiC regarding a new CoPR
5. I filled the online form and got a response as below, and told to submit the documents via another form.
My Question is for people who have been in the similar boat as me earlier. What forms among 5669, 008DEP & 5406 have been enough / necessary to add a newborn.

I am not planning to do upfront mdical test and instead wait until further instructed. Also I have not been asked for any photographs. Do I need to provide the same ?

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am an Indian citizen currently living in the usa. After my wife and my medical tests got done, and after AOR and after medical passed we found out that my wife is pregnant. We are now just waiting for CIC to process our application and send the ppr request. I have the following questions

1. Do I need to inform CIC about my wife's pregnancy?
2. My wife really likes her doctor and we have really good insurance so we wanted to have the kid in USA before we moved to canada. Since my kid would be a US citizen do I need to do anything before we go to Canada? Since us citizens can go to Canada for 6 months visa free, can we go to Canada and then apply for Canada PR for our baby or do we need to file a change of status or something of that sort before we enter Canada for the first time?

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am an Indian citizen currently living in the usa. After my wife and my medical tests got done, and after AOR and after medical passed we found out that my wife is pregnant. We are now just waiting for CIC to process our application and send the ppr request. I have the following questions

1. Do I need to inform CIC about my wife's pregnancy?
2. My wife really likes her doctor and we have really good insurance so we wanted to have the kid in USA before we moved to canada. Since my kid would be a US citizen do I need to do anything before we go to Canada? Since us citizens can go to Canada for 6 months visa free, can we go to Canada and then apply for Canada PR for our baby or do we need to file a change of status or something of that sort before we enter Canada for the first time?
1. No need to inform, you can inform just after the birth.
2. Not sure if it is different for US citizens but normally you will have to sponsor your baby (i.e. if you have already completed landing formalities before delivery and baby is born out of Canada) and that process may take some time.

ExpressoEntry

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
1. No need to inform, you can inform just after the birth.
2. Not sure if it is different for US citizens but normally you will have to sponsor your baby (i.e. if you have already completed landing formalities before delivery and baby is born out of Canada) and that process may take some time.
Thank you very much for your answer. What if we are not planning on entering Canada until we have the baby?