+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

J4yWalker

Sep 1, 2018
Hello all, I am in the same situation.

I received ITA on 08-02-2017 and had submitted all the documents and my complete profile on 04-04-2017. By the grace of God, we were blessed with a baby girl on 11-04-2017. We received her passport on 10-07-2017, after which I updated my daughter’s details (birth certificate, passport) on IRCC Webform on 12-07-2017 as well as mailed to CPC-CTD-Ottawa. At the same time, I received a mail from "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> dated 11 Jul 2017 asking for submission of mine and my husband’s passport to finalize the application.

I have yet not received any response from CIC regarding the upgradation of my daughter’s details in my profile. Kindly guide me with certain queries-
1. Should I be submitting all the three passports (principal applicant, spouse, child) to VFS? (I have been given a period of 30 days to submit mine and my husband’s passport). Will they accept it without any request from CIC for my child's passport?
2. Should I get her medical examinations done on the basis of my ITA letter or would i need a request from CIC for that?
3. Where should I submit the documents of my child - to the VO or CIC? hard copy or via e-mail?
4. Should I do the online payment beforehand?
5. I hope there is no issue in updating the addition in my family after 3 months of the birth, as I was waiting for the birth certificate and passport of my daughter.

I am confused as I have just 10 days left for passport submission. I also mailed my queries to VO, New Delhi and CPC-CTD-Ottawa, but haven't received any response from anywhere.

I would be highly grateful if anyone could assist me with the procedure that needs to be followed further, at the earliest.
Did you do complete medicals, including x-ray?

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hello ,

I have added my new born successfully , it took around 25 days from the day I requested to add her in the current application . Last week new born's medical was marked passed . Now waiting on new PPR .

Can anyone share experience on how long it takes to receive the second PPR .

Reactions: roy0121

roy0121

Aug 6, 2018
Hello ,

I have added my new born successfully , it took around 25 days from the day I requested to add her in the current application . Last week new born's medical was marked passed . Now waiting on new PPR .

Can anyone share experience on how long it takes to receive the second PPR .
Congratulate that it makes progress on your case. I sent requests to add my new born daughter to my application 46 days ago while there is no feedback so far.

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Congratulate that it makes progress on your case. I sent requests to add my new born daughter to my application 46 days ago while there is no feedback so far.
I would contact my Primary office to get update after CSE , email would be preferable way if no reply whatsoever for so long or a calling therm .

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
I would contact my Primary office to get update after CSE , email would be preferable way if no reply whatsoever for so long or a calling therm .
Hi Saha2257, Congratulations ! .. We have our COPR(valid till june 2019) and are expecting our baby this week. Can we add our new born to our application even after getting COPR.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
I am currently in IP1. I added my child recently. Raised a CSE on 17 Sept and then got a reply from them on 30 Sept that I need to email my visa office which was Ottawa. I did the same on 30th Sept and on 1st Oct I got a message in my account from IRCC with the placeholder in my CIC account to upload the child documents. I uploaded the same on 3rd October (Fees, IMM0008, IMM5406, Passport, Birth Certi and Medicals) and on 4th October the child is added to my profile. I am able to see Child's name in the list of dependants with a UCI number.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: bharath.kv

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi Saha2257, Congratulations ! .. We have our COPR(valid till june 2019) and are expecting our baby this week. Can we add our new born to our application even after getting COPR.
Yes , you can . Your old cOPR will be invalidated . You need add the new born and re-send every one's passport again . The total time for re-doing this around 30~60 days . Yes some folks gets early than others .

Reactions: bharath.kv

bharath.kv

Jul 12, 2017
Yes , you can . Your old cOPR will be invalidated . You need add the new born and re-send every one's passport again . The total time for re-doing this around 30~60 days . Yes some folks gets early than others .
Thank you for your response! .. I am wondering whom we should inform about this change: IRCC or Visa Office. Incase of Visa office, how can we know which VO processed our file?

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Thank you for your response! .. I am wondering whom we should inform about this change: IRCC or Visa Office. Incase of Visa office, how can we know which VO processed our file?
Create CSE first and then after few days you can give a call to confirm your new VO office . As your already received your COPR most likley your past VO was NDVO ( could be different ) . Once you call the CSR you can ask for VO office is assigned or not . If its assigned then you can send e-mail to them directly . They generally respond in timely manner .

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
How are the timelines of past members who added new born to the application during PR process .
It will be great if you can share so other can get some idea on what to expect from time line side . Thanks Folks !

Zayynah

Sep 19, 2018
Salaams Niazpur
I kniw this is quite an old post but im hoping you can help.
Our baby is due late January 2019 or early February 2019. However, we are already in IP2 and are thinking that if we get PPR now, well before baby's birth, how should we proceed.

I have a few questions
1- since we have already inform our VO (kyiv ukraine) about pregnancy...should we ask them how we'll need to proceed once baby is here
2-what was the total time frame from raising CSE after your baby was born, to new PPr and CoPR?
3-in my case of possibly needing new PPR and renewed CoPR etc, will we still need to contact London VO or just our specific one
4-can we get an upfront medical exam for baby even without having been asled for one?
5-what did you do with your original CoPR ...is there such a thing as an extenion??
Thank you[QUOTEniazpur, post: 5383907, member: 535936"]Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Salaams Niazpur
I kniw this is quite an old post but im hoping you can help.
Our baby is due late January 2019 or early February 2019. However, we are already in IP2 and are thinking that if we get PPR now, well before baby's birth, how should we proceed.

I have a few questions
1- since we have already inform our VO (kyiv ukraine) about pregnancy...should we ask them how we'll need to proceed once baby is here
2-what was the total time frame from raising CSE after your baby was born, to new PPr and CoPR?
3-in my case of possibly needing new PPR and renewed CoPR etc, will we still need to contact London VO or just our specific one
4-can we get an upfront medical exam for baby even without having been asled for one?
5-what did you do with your original CoPR ...is there such a thing as an extenion??
Thank you[QUOTEniazpur, post: 5383907, member: 535936"]Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Hi, I submitted my PR application with my spouse as dependent. Now I am trying to add my new born to my application, my question is do I need to fill two 5406E form; one for me ( Primary Applicant) and one for my spouse ? Do I need to take a printout; sign; scan and submit ?

Thank you.

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
How are the timelines of past members who added new born to the application during PR process .
It will be great if you can share so other can get some idea on what to expect from time line side . Thanks Folks !
Hi,

We recently had a baby and decided to add her into my application. I raised CSE, I filled IMM0008, IMM5406 form and got birth certificate, passport and upfront medicals. Do you know how long it took to add her and clear medicals and re-issue new PPR.

Thank you.