+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

Feb 19, 2024
You’re welcome !

You are not going to get extension to submit your passports. We were under the same impression that we will receive extension but this is not how CIC works. As you have received “Ready for Visa” mail so you will have to submit your passports to Vfs office. The reason behind submitting your passports is- that, to add your child to your existing application will take 4 to 6 weeks after you submit all required documents i.e child medical, passport, birth certificate, IMM forms and fees Payment receipt.

So what will happen, as you have got COPR and not your child so you will have to submit your passports once. Later when your child will be added in your application then you will receive another “Ready for Visa” mail to submit your baby and your passport again. Then they will cancel your previous Visa and will stamp your passports again along with baby passport.

Regarding Agent - This is because once you receive COPR then you can’t submit any further documents in online account as everything gets locked. You will have to submit baby’s document in online application once your baby will be added in application. For that, You will receive mail from CIC saying that now you can submit your child’s documents online now.

You can relax a bit, you have got time in hand. This is lengthy process and will take some time but for sure your baby will travel with you before October medical expiration.

Thanks,
Mandeep Kaur
I recieved ppr on 26 jan 2024 and i am blessed with a baby on 11/01/2024.

after ppr I submitted my passport along with baby all documents including pof, birth certificate, upfront medicals and passport photocopy. My wife and baby are non accompanying me.
On 23/01/2024 I received letter from cic that they are cancelling my copr and visa.
they will give new final decision after addition of child and checking eligibility and admissibility.

now my question is that will they reaccess all my application or just access my baby documents to issue new ppr??
Plz reply because i am under alot of stress asap

Feb 19, 2024
Hello everyone,
I am blessed with baby on 11 January 2024. And i got my ppr for fswp on 26 January 2024. It was written in ppr to declare all dependants. My wife and my baby is not accompanying me to canada. On 8 February 2024 I submitted all the documents for my baby like passport photocopies, birth certificate, funds, e medical, non accompanying certificate and photographs along with my original passport and two photographs for visa stamping and copr.

But on 23 February 2024 I received a letter from cic that they cancelled my copr and visa counterfoil. They reopened my application and said new decision will be rendered on addition of my baby after eligibility and assessment.

Now my questions are:-
1. What will be the new decision??
2. Will they again check my eligibility and do background check or will they just check the baby documents ??
3. Will they return my unstamped passport back to me or will they keep it with themselves at ircc new delhi for new visa stamping after new ppr??

Feb 19, 2024
This is normal to cancel visa, they will review kids documents and also Funds and sent you a revised PPR.
Brother my child name is added to application on 3 april 2024 and medicals passed also on same day 3 april 2024. Now can you tell what will the next step in my application? How much time will they take to give revised ppr??

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Brother my child name is added to application on 3 april 2024 and medicals passed also on same day 3 april 2024. Now can you tell what will the next step in my application? How much time will they take to give revised ppr??
Nobody can guess the exact timeline, all I can say is , you are near the finish line.