+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

sailorsiraj

Jul 7, 2016
Hi,
I had applied for PR and received ITA on Jan 24, 2016. I submitted all required documents for myself and my wife.
My wife was pregnant then and we had a daughter on 5th may 2016. I have now applied and received passport for my daughter. For adding her to my application I had raised CSE and still awaiting response.
On 6th july, I received a mail from CIC to deposit my and dependant passport to VO. This I guess is PPR.

Now I have to hurry as in the letter it is mentioned that all documents/passports should reach the VO in 30 days and I am yet to add my daughter to the application.

I replied to PPR email but there was an auto reply stating that this email is not checked.

So my question is how to add my daughter to the application ? How to send document (email/post) and to whom to send?

I will be highly grateful for any help. Thanks :)

chem14

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
10 May 2016
AOR Received.
03 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
08 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
03 June 2016
LANDED..........
16-10-2016
sailorsiraj said:
Hi,
I had applied for PR and received ITA on Jan 24, 2016. I submitted all required documents for myself and my wife.
My wife was pregnant then and we had a daughter on 5th may 2016. I have now applied and received passport for my daughter. For adding her to my application I had raised CSE and still awaiting response.
On 6th july, I received a mail from CIC to deposit my and dependant passport to VO. This I guess is PPR.

Now I have to hurry as in the letter it is mentioned that all documents/passports should reach the VO in 30 days and I am yet to add my daughter to the application.

I replied to PPR email but there was an auto reply stating that this email is not checked.

So my question is how to add my daughter to the application ? How to send document (email/post) and to whom to send?

I will be highly grateful for any help. Thanks :)

Hi Sailorsiraj!

We have the same situation, did you still submit your passport to Visa office? In my case, I have submitted the passports in VO and my baby's documents are still on process. I have attached the medical birth certificate of the baby and a letter that we have a new born baby.

Though, I have attached a letter explaining to them that we want to include our baby in the application, they still proceeded to issue the visa and COPR.
I have email the London visa office who handled our application last June 3 and they replied last June 21.

They have open a new window where will I attached the documents, until now I have not gotten the passport of my new baby. Still on process and expected to be given on July 13.

I guess it would be the same thing to you but you have to inform you VO who is handling your PR application.

Hope this will help. ;)

sailorsiraj

Jul 7, 2016
Hi Chem14,

I also followed what you did. I sent a cover letter explaining our situation to New Delhi VO along with our passports. I received our passports on 21st with immigrant visa valid till jan, 2017. But there is no reply on how to add my daughter to my application. Moreover the application status on CIC website is also marked as complete now. Don't really know what to do now. I have sent another email to VO. awaiting response. Whats happening with you ?

Thanks,
Sailor

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
guys

you will need to fill in a new IMM008 form filled by PA and a new family information IMM5406 form filled by PA and spouse both child medical report , fee payment receipt and passport copy of the child and send it to CIC only then they will be able to process your application.

you can pay the fee from this link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

also attach a LOE explaining the situation

you can attach all this by CSE to your local vo also copy ottawa in the email addresss.
cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

hope this helps

+1 if it did.

Reactions: n.waqar and tobs

niazpur

Dec 9, 2014
I got my PPR email on 12th of July. Immediately, I wrote an email to ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca (Email provided in PPR) for updating them about change in family composition. So far, I did not hear anything from them other than auto reply. With that email, I attached baby passport copy, fee 150USD, imm0008, IMM5406 (PA and Spouse), Photo, Upfront Medical but nothing happen so far.

I raised a CSE on 15th and got a reply on 18th that my CSE is forwarded to responsible office and will contact you if any further information is required.
I wrote an email to local visa office but then replied back sorry we can not do much. You need to contact where your application was processed for immigration.
I call up CIC help line and a lady told me same story, we can not do much you need to write an email to your local visa office for this.

So, now its already 13 days and nothing happening.

Hope soon there will be something good in coming a few days.

Thanks

sailorsiraj

Jul 7, 2016
Hi Guys , I had sent an email to New Delhi Visa Office(VO) , i got the following response.

I think we need to send the hardcopy (not scan copy) of all the requested documents to the VO via vfs(the way passport is sent on getting PPR) along with passports having the visa so that they will update and re-issue the visa again.
I am currently arranging the required documents to send to VO.

------------------
If you or a family member have modified personal information after the issuance of a visa, including if you have obtained a new passport, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application BEFORE you land in Canada, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions:

Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- There is a processing fee associated with this service, please see the IRCC website for fees and payment instructions
- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

If you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants
- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications
- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse or child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas may be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information, therefore it is important to submit all the passports and COPR’s for everyone included on the application.

Our office generally requires one week to process requests for visa re-issuance. However, if you are adding an additional family member then the processing time will take longer as the added family member will need to be examined and meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

------------------

Hope this helps

Reactions: imusi

niazpur

Dec 9, 2014
Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks

chem14

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
10 May 2016
AOR Received.
03 Feb 2016
Med's Done....
08 Feb 2016
Passport Req..
03 June 2016
LANDED..........
16-10-2016
Wow congratulations Niazpur!!!

Until now I am still waiting for the new PPR, I hope it will come sooner also.

I have submitted all the documents including the medical and payment.

niazpur said:
Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everybody here.

I'm following up this post as I might be in the same situation in a few weeks :D

timeflying

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-03-2016
Passport Req..
10-04-2017
Here is my situation:

1. 30 Mar 2017: Child born. I immediately informed CIC. Before baby birth, on 1st Mar, I also notified CIC in advance that I was expecting a child.

2. 04 Apr 2017: Received request letter through MyCIC account to upload baby documents. Dead line 04 May 2017.

4. 10 Apr 2017: Received PPR. Dead line 10 May 2017.

As of writing (12 Apr), I am still obtaining required documents for baby. Haven't submit anything to Singapore visa office yet.

What I plan to do:
1. Firstly, submit all required documents including upfront medical of baby to CIC through MyCIC account.

2. Secondly, send all passports (including newborn) to visa office later, but before dead line.

What I concern: Is my plan reasonable?

Please share if you got similar experience. Thank you very much.

Reactions: cancanhere

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everybody,

Well, I received PPR a couple of weeks ago from London visa Office (LVO). However, due to the advanced stage of my wife's pregnancy, I asked LVO to postpone our landing till my wife gives birth which is due by the end of this week.

So LVO instructed me to add the baby to our application once born and they sent me the following instructions:

==========================
· processing fee for your child (if accompanying you to Canada) – you may pay online here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/
· your child’s birth certificate
· copy of your child’s valid passport
· 4 recent photographs of your child
· updated IMM0008 Generic for yourself and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself and your spouse.
· a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)
Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required. All documents must be sent by mail.
Your child must undergo a medical examination. Please wait until we add the baby and send you the medical instruction.
Application forms and photo specifications are available on our Web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
==========================

Now I have a few questions:
- The link to the PDF file is broken and gives me an error when I try to open it. Does anybody have a copy of that PDF package 3901e.pdf
- I'm not a Quebec nominee and do not wish to immigrate there. Actually, I'm a Saskatchewan nominee, so why did they mention Quebec at all?
- Why are they asking me to send the document by mail and not uploading them to MyCIC account? I'm an express Entry applicant and all my documents have been uploaded and not mailed.

P kumar

May 11, 2017
Hi friends,
i am also in same situation. AOR 12 Jan 17 & specified in explanation letter that we r expecting a baby in feb. on 30th March raised a case specific enquiry with birth certificate & passport for inclusion of child.
After 2 weeks got a response from IRCC that request has been forwarded to office responsible . after that it has been more than 4 weeks havent heard anything back.

What should i do & responsible visa office means New delhi office or somewhat different office.
Please advice.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,
i am also in same situation. AOR 12 Jan 17 & specified in explanation letter that we r expecting a baby in feb. on 30th March raised a case specific enquiry with birth certificate & passport for inclusion of child.
After 2 weeks got a response from IRCC that request has been forwarded to office responsible . after that it has been more than 4 weeks havent heard anything back.

What should i do & responsible visa office means New delhi office or somewhat different office.
Please advice.
Passport + Medical + updated Proof of Funds + Family form updated + birth certificate all to be sent with CSE ! Only then you can add child or the process will be delayed !

chitra kahlon

Jun 8, 2017
Hello all, I am in the same situation.

I received ITA on 08-02-2017 and had submitted all the documents and my complete profile on 04-04-2017. By the grace of God, we were blessed with a baby girl on 11-04-2017. We received her passport on 10-07-2017, after which I updated my daughter’s details (birth certificate, passport) on IRCC Webform on 12-07-2017 as well as mailed to CPC-CTD-Ottawa. At the same time, I received a mail from "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> dated 11 Jul 2017 asking for submission of mine and my husband’s passport to finalize the application.

I have yet not received any response from CIC regarding the upgradation of my daughter’s details in my profile. Kindly guide me with certain queries-
1. Should I be submitting all the three passports (principal applicant, spouse, child) to VFS? (I have been given a period of 30 days to submit mine and my husband’s passport). Will they accept it without any request from CIC for my child's passport?
2. Should I get her medical examinations done on the basis of my ITA letter or would i need a request from CIC for that?
3. Where should I submit the documents of my child - to the VO or CIC? hard copy or via e-mail?
4. Should I do the online payment beforehand?
5. I hope there is no issue in updating the addition in my family after 3 months of the birth, as I was waiting for the birth certificate and passport of my daughter.

I am confused as I have just 10 days left for passport submission. I also mailed my queries to VO, New Delhi and CPC-CTD-Ottawa, but haven't received any response from anywhere.

I would be highly grateful if anyone could assist me with the procedure that needs to be followed further, at the earliest.

diaa_algazzar

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Hi Chita Kahlon & All,

Wishing you speedy process :)

I am in the same boat (new born after PPR) and I have emailed Cairo visa office (my LVO that sent me PPR) about the new baby delivery and they instructed to send new born documents to CPC Mississauga ! (didn't clarify via CSE or normal post mail), I am really worried about time and need to speed up this process. I am EE SINP nominated with AOR 5 Jan, 2017.

Hopefully to find answers to my inquires:

1- Why I have to send to CPC Mississauga at the first place (my Primary Visa Office is Cairo and Secondary Visa office is CIO as per notes)
2- Is sending new born documents by post mail faster or via CSE to what so ever visa office.
3- Is upfront medical check better to speed it up or waiting medical request.

All the best