+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addition of child to Permanent Resident Application after PPR

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
I am currently in IP1. I added my child recently. Raised a CSE on 17 Sept and then got a reply from them on 30 Sept that I need to email my visa office which was Ottawa. I did the same on 30th Sept and on 1st Oct I got a message in my account from IRCC with the placeholder in my CIC account to upload the child documents. I uploaded the same on 3rd October (Fees, IMM0008, IMM5406, Passport, Birth Certi and Medicals) and on 4th October the child is added to my profile. I am able to see Child's name in the list of dependants with a UCI number.

Hope this helps.
Hi, I am also in the process of adding my new born baby to my application. Did you filled IMM5406 twice? one for you and one for your spouse? How long it took to clear new born medical? what are all other document they requested after that. my visa office is also Ottawa.

Need advice.
Thank you.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi, I am also in the process of adding my new born baby to my application. Did you filled IMM5406 twice? one for you and one for your spouse? How long it took to clear new born medical? what are all other document they requested after that. my visa office is also Ottawa.

Need advice.
Thank you.
Yes IMM5406 has to be filled one for spouse and one for yourself. New born Medicals cleared the next day of upload. Other docs requested- passport, IMM0008, Birth certi, payment receipt and E-medical confirmation.

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Yes IMM5406 has to be filled one for spouse and one for yourself. New born Medicals cleared the next day of upload. Other docs requested- passport, IMM0008, Birth certi, payment receipt and E-medical confirmation.
Thank you for the information.

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
One more quick question, did you sent baby's photo ?

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
They never asked. They will ask all these things in the ADR request letter. So follow and submit whatever they ask
Thank you. CIC created place holder for my newborn and I have uploaded all the requested docs. Now waiting for the approval.

Thank you.

saha2257

Star Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi,

We recently had a baby and decided to add her into my application. I raised CSE, I filled IMM0008, IMM5406 form and got birth certificate, passport and upfront medicals. Do you know how long it took to add her and clear medicals and re-issue new PPR.

Thank you.
It varies for each applicant , generally adding a baby takes around 15-45 days . Granting new PPR ( Depending on VO) may take another 30-60 days .

Zayynah

Sep 19, 2018
Thank you :)

No they just asked for the updated forms. No POF request. After fulfilling ADR, I got medical request after 15 days. I got new PPR in another 15 days. So ADR to PPR was about 35 days.
Hi....i wamted ask if you are the same person whose baby was born after ppr. If yes, please guide me about the steps to take so as to get a copr extension and request for new ppr

Zayynah

Sep 19, 2018
Thank you. CIC created place holder for my newborn and I have uploaded all the requested docs. Now waiting for the approval.

Thank you.
Hello

Was your baby born after ppr? In which case, please could you help...how to start with the process of adding new born after ppr

Also, can CoPr extension be requested?
OI' getting a little anxious reading the posts

mhentry

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
Hello

Was your baby born after ppr? In which case, please could you help...how to start with the process of adding new born after ppr

Also, can CoPr extension be requested?
OI' getting a little anxious reading the posts
No, my baby was born before PPR, I was preparing her documents like passport and medical but suddenly I received PPR. Before I contact my VO which is Ottawa, I paid PR fees $150.00 and filled IMM0008 and IMM5406 ( one for you and for dependent in your application ) then I sent email to Ottawa office and raised CSE by including all the documents i.e. Passport copy, birth certificate, PR fees receipt, IMM008 and IMM5406 forms. They added my newborn within two days, they created place holder in my application to upload the above mentioned documents with medical. ( I did upfront medical ). They processed my newborn application within a week.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Kalyan1711

Sonajaan

Nov 15, 2018
Hi I would like to know how long does it take to update birth of baby. My process is now 9 months and I sent the additional family doc, passport and Canadian birth.

I want to know will it affect my case, like delay getting the visa?

Please reply to me kindly.

ussiezk

Dec 19, 2018
Hi,
I'm new here, I have a specific question. When you say that we have to provide an "Update IMM0008 form", is that for myself or just for the newborn baby, or is it for all the applicants?

Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks

papalot

Dec 20, 2018
Hi All

Can you assist me please.

We got AOR in October 2018.

I (Primary Applicant) couldn't do the xray as I was pregnant and got a deferral letter from the panel physician.

Our daughter was born last week and we'd like to add her to the application.

We received her unabridged birth certificate this morning and took for her the medical exam (We were lucky that their was a cancellation). While we were there I also went and did my xray.

We'll be applying for her passport tomorrow, this usually takes about 2-3 before its ready.

Should we go ahead and raise a CSE or should we wait until we have her passport before raising a CSE?

Thank you in advance

larrylarry01

Oct 28, 2018
@legalfalcon Please I need help. I finally got my landing interview invitation, however I just had a baby and I'm waiting for his passport hence why I didn't submit the documents before I received the interview date. Please what can I do?