Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@legalfalcon Please I need help. I finally got my landing interview invitation, however I just had a baby and I'm waiting for his passport hence why I didn't submit the documents before I received the interview date. Please what can I do?
I think You can reply to the email requesting an extension for the interview date explaining the above.

larrylarry01

Oct 28, 2018
I think You can reply to the email requesting an extension for the interview date explaining the above.

@tobs . Thanks .I called cic yesterday but the lady said to contact etobicoke office which I did immediate. waiting for them to send me the info that I need . I don't know if I should raise a CSE or send them the required documents via email since my application is still open. Also my baby's passport won't be ready until 3 weeks.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs . Thanks .I called cic yesterday but the lady said to contact etobicoke office which I did immediate. waiting for them to send me the info that I need . I don't know if I should raise a CSE or send them the required documents via email since my application is still open. Also my baby's passport won't be ready until 3 weeks.
Send an email since you have the email address.

arun_kumar543

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Alhamdolillah, I got my Visa and COPR after successfully adding a newborn baby.

This is what I did to add a newborn baby:

I arranged all the following documents:

1- Birth Certificate
2- Visa Photo
3-Passport
4-Upfront Medical of baby
5-Paid fee of 150CAD (in advance)
6-Update IMM0008 form
7-Update 5406E (Principle Applicant)
8- Updte 5406 E (Spouse)

I raised CSE that I want to add a newborn baby but after two days of CSE, I got my PPR that clearly states that if change in family composition then do write an email immediately to London Visa office. So, I did and in that email, I attached all the above documents. After 22 days of my email, I got reply from london visa office with Medical Request form 1017E for my newborn baby. I requested my clinic to upload upfront medical of my daughter which i did earlier with the IME no. provided by CIC on form 1017E. Doctor tried to access IME no. provided but it gives the error message. So doctor told me to report this back to CIC that prvided IME no. is not working . So, once again I wrote an email to London Visa office. Explaining them the error message CIC panel docotor getting in emedical system and about my earlier email in which I provided upfront medical as well. After two days, I got another PPR. This Sunday, I submitted my passports through VFS and yesterday, I collected my passports with COPR and Visa.

My advice for all those who are in same situation. Please arrange all the above documents and write an email to your visa office with all the documents. Hopefully, things will go smoothly.

Thanks
By any chance, will they reassess our eligibility if we add our new born baby to our existing COPR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please I need help. I finally got my landing interview invitation, however I just had a baby and I'm waiting for his passport hence why I didn't submit the documents before I received the interview date. Please what can I do?
You can inform IRCC of the change of family composition. There is no need to be concerned, and if they ask you, you can inform that that you were waiting for the passport.

Apr 20, 2018
Hello everyone. I shall be very glad if you people can help me. We are a family of three, myself (primary applicant), my wife & my minor son. We received PPR on 14th January 2019 after long wait (AOR being June 2017). I have 2 queries:

1) My wife is pregnant and expected date of delivery is first week of March 2019.

2) My passport was expiring in June 2019 and therefore I got my new passport issued this week as in PPR it is mentioned that passport should be valid for at least 6 months. How to update the same with CIC?

We have been asked to submit our passports within 30 days of PPR by New Delhi Visa Office. Please advise how shall we proceed?

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
How many copies of the IMM 5406 form do we need to fill for adding our newborn to our application?

Currently, I am the principal applicant and my wife is the dependent. We had our newborn after submitting our PR application. We have not yet received our PPR.

IRCC wants me to fill out the IMM 5406 form but I am confused because of the instructions of the form:
"The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner must complete their own copy this form."

Do I am and my spouse both need to fill our own IMM 5406? Can someone who has already filled out this form to add a newborn after AOR help me, please?

Thank you!!

Last edited:

Mkaur_ghotra

Apr 19, 2018
Gurugram, India
Category........
How many copies of the IMM 5406 form do we need to fill for adding our newborn to our application?

Currently, I am the principal applicant and my wife is the dependent. We had our newborn after submitting our PR application. We have not yet received our PPR.

IRCC wants me to fill out the IMM 5406 form but I am confused because of the instructions of the form:
"The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner must complete their own copy this form."

Do I am and my spouse both need to fill our own IMM 5406? Can someone who has already filled out this form to add a newborn after AOR help me, please?

Thank you!!
Yes, IMM5406 should be filled by you and your spouse.

We asked CIC for addition of child after PPR received. But as you mentioned that you have not received PPR yet so you can fill IMM 5406 and upload other documents along in your application as soon possible. Because once you receive PPR, your application status will show completed and then you would be able to upload additional documents for child in your file.

Reactions: Supernova

SMH

Feb 25, 2014
Hello All,
Somebody please clear my dilemma.
My wife and I got our PPR on Jan 31, after our daughter was born on Jan 26. My daughter is a Canadian citizen by birth and I proactively supplied her Ontario Birth Certificate to the email as instructed in PPR and also raised CSE, for which I got a confirmation saying the docs were sent to the responsible visa office. Since my daughter is a citizen and also in my initial CSE, they mentioned to send only the Birth Certificate. Can I go ahead and submit mine and my wife's passports for visa stamping to Ottawa, along with a copy of my daughter's birth certificate and a LOE? Anybody with a canadian newborn, please suggest if you had the similar experience. I dont see why anything would be different since my daughter is already a canadian citizen.

Thanks

Mkaur_ghotra

Apr 19, 2018
Gurugram, India
Category........
Hello ,

I have added my new born successfully , it took around 25 days from the day I requested to add her in the current application . Last week new born's medical was marked passed . Now waiting on new PPR .

Can anyone share experience on how long it takes to receive the second PPR .
Hi Sir/Madam,

We have also uploaded additional documents in our application to add newborn daughter. CIC gave us 30days time to upload documents and we uploaded witin 2-3 days after receiving mail. Since we hired an Agent to file our application and due to ill health we are not able to connect with him. So I want to enquire few things if you can answer.

1) When we upload any additional document in our application, do we receive any mail ?

2) Is there any submit button after adding addition document or we are suppose to simply upload ?

3) Since CIC gave us 30 days time to upload documents and if there is no submit button, so should we assume that CIC will pick our file after 30days time and not before?

4) After adding your daughter in application, in how much time did you receive new PPR request?

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hello All Memebers,

I found this thread after long search and expecting it very helpful as I am facing similar situation. We applied for PR residence with family in Dec 2018 and got AOR on Jan 8, done our medicals on Jan 22 and waiting now. My Mrs was pregnant when we submitted our file and since she has delivered baby in Late January 2019. Now I would like to update IRCC with new family member and would like them to add my baby in our PR application so that our PR can be processed together . I have all documents ready at my end like Passport , Birth Certificates and other docs.
Could you please tell me how to do all this process and how long does it take to hear back from IRCC about further documentation for new family member. As I have already raised CSE on 2nd Feb 2019 and its been 7 working days and I did not hear back from them, in acknowledgement mail of CSE they mentioned that they will reply usually in 10 business days. I am anxiously waiting for that and now getting little worried as I do not really know what to do next.

I am applicant from Pakistan under AIPP stream and Submitted paper-based application by mail to CIO, Sydney NS. When I submitted my CSE I selected processing option inside Canada (as I sent application to CIO, Sydney Canada), where as Pakistan Visa office in CSE is Abu Dhabi. I am also little confused that does it matter which ever you option you select it will still put your inquiry against your file number ??? As far I know my AOR was issued by CIO, Sydney and I assume that my application is getting processed there...

Would really appreciate your kind guidance over this matter. As I am anxiously waiting to update IRCC about family change and would like to avoid any delays or complications in application due to late admission of new born baby in my application.

Also for paper-based application do I have to submit further documents by mail as well??

Looking forward to your kind guidance .

Thanks and Regards

Mkaur_ghotra

Apr 19, 2018
Gurugram, India
Category........
Hello All Memebers,

I found this thread after long search and expecting it very helpful as I am facing similar situation. We applied for PR residence with family in Dec 2018 and got AOR on Jan 8, done our medicals on Jan 22 and waiting now. My Mrs was pregnant when we submitted our file and since she has delivered baby in Late January 2019. Now I would like to update IRCC with new family member and would like them to add my baby in our PR application so that our PR can be processed together . I have all documents ready at my end like Passport , Birth Certificates and other docs.
Could you please tell me how to do all this process and how long does it take to hear back from IRCC about further documentation for new family member. As I have already raised CSE on 2nd Feb 2019 and its been 7 working days and I did not hear back from them, in acknowledgement mail of CSE they mentioned that they will reply usually in 10 business days. I am anxiously waiting for that and now getting little worried as I do not really know what to do next.

I am applicant from Pakistan under AIPP stream and Submitted paper-based application by mail to CIO, Sydney NS. When I submitted my CSE I selected processing option inside Canada (as I sent application to CIO, Sydney Canada), where as Pakistan Visa office in CSE is Abu Dhabi. I am also little confused that does it matter which ever you option you select it will still put your inquiry against your file number ??? As far I know my AOR was issued by CIO, Sydney and I assume that my application is getting processed there...

Would really appreciate your kind guidance over this matter. As I am anxiously waiting to update IRCC about family change and would like to avoid any delays or complications in application due to late admission of new born baby in my application.

Also for paper-based application do I have to submit further documents by mail as well??

Looking forward to your kind guidance .

Thanks and Regards
You need to upload all documents of new born baby in your application. In your application profile, there is option to upload additional documents. And when we say all the documents means:
Passport
Birth certificate
IMM5406 form - both your and your spouse
IMM0008 form
Receipt of fees paid for PR( if you have your’s while submitting application)
Visa photograph
Receipt of baby’s medical

Along with this, as you have already informed IRCC so wait 2-3 days otherwise follow up.

Gemini_june

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
You need to upload all documents of new born baby in your application. In your application profile, there is option to upload additional documents. And when we say all the documents means:
Passport
Birth certificate
IMM0008 form
Visa photograph

Along with this, as you have already informed IRCC so wait 2-3 days otherwise follow up.
Thank you for your reply.

I wish i could do this my application is paper-based and I have not linked it to online account.
So only way to get is contact with IRCC is via Web form CSE . Also over webform you have only limited space to upload documents which is only 3MB. When I raised CSE I only attached baby’s birth certificate as this was the only space I had.

Yes I will wait untill friday that when 10 business days will complete.

Still looking for experts opinion or seniors who have been through similiar situations especially paper based PR applicant .

Thank you all

Inderjot Rasila

Jul 12, 2018
Passport
Birth certificate
IMM0008 form
Visa photograph

Hi,

I am also in same boat I need to add my new born daughter in our Express entry Profile.

I have query regarding IMM 0008 form and would appreciate if you could respond

Can you please guide me which option I need to select in question 1 and 2 of IMM 008 form

i) Program in under which you are applying
Family
Economic
Refuge
Other

ii) Category Under which you are applying

I do not see express entry option in the above 2 questions.

Thanks
Inderjot Singh

read4u

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Dubai, UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-08-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Hi,

I am also in same boat I need to add my new born daughter in our Express entry Profile.

I have query regarding IMM 0008 form and would appreciate if you could respond

Can you please guide me which option I need to select in question 1 and 2 of IMM 008 form

i) Program in under which you are applying
Family
Economic
Refuge
Other

ii) Category Under which you are applying

I do not see express entry option in the above 2 questions.

Thanks
Inderjot Singh
Hi Inderjot,

For the query you have raised please see reply below:

i) Program in under which you are applying - Select Economic

ii) Category Under which you are applying - Select Skilled Worker

Reactions: Inderjot Rasila