+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

ultrono

Feb 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

This thread overall has been of great help. I have just the one question before I go ahead with my ECA application with WES:

What all documents for ACCA do I personally need to send to WES? I'm an Affiliate and so the only two certificates I do have from the ACCA are for the completion of the Fundamental and Professional modules respectively. I, for one, never did receive a completion/affiliate certificate from ACCA (which I've seen a couple of people speak of in this thread, nor do I think they actually issue one upon completion). Is that something I should be contacting them about? I did request a letter of good standing from them, which I still have.

Thank you.

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hi guys,

Need some advice. What should be the answer to this question while filling up personal history section for my spouse:

Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?

She has CIMA membership (accountancy qualification like ACCA).

So shall I answer it with: Yes, No, or Not Applicable?

I believe someone here with an ACCA/CIMA qualification can give me the best advise. Will be appreciated.

Let me know pls how can i answer this. Thanks :)

fasko

Mar 24, 2018
Dear wifiwifey,

hi...could you please tell me,whether its possible to get an evaluation of two or more post secondary degree based on ACCA Membership,CAT Certificate and Advanced Diploma in accounting & Business certificate of ACCA from WES for Canada Express entry????

I do not have OBU or any Graduation...
any result with advance diploma ? what does WES say ?

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Dear wifiwifey,

hi...could you please tell me,whether its possible to get an evaluation of two or more post secondary degree based on ACCA Membership,CAT Certificate and Advanced Diploma in accounting & Business certificate of ACCA from WES for Canada Express entry????

I do not have OBU or any Graduation...
Yes given if your ACCA qualification gets an eca of 3 years or more

fasko

Mar 24, 2018
Yes given if your ACCA qualification gets an eca of 3 years or more
I will try to make my question more clear, I wish to know that if i have
* Advanced diploma in accounting & business ( Awarded by ACCA )

What does WES assess it as ?

Thank you

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
I will try to make my question more clear, I wish to know that if i have
* Advanced diploma in accounting & business ( Awarded by ACCA )

What does WES assess it as ?

Thank you
Not really sure. Theres an ACCA thread on the same platform. Try asking them. Someone might actually have the exp.
Best of luck

Rajagula

Apr 17, 2018
Hi
I am an ACCA member and got evaluated from WES as equivalent to 3 years Canadian Bachelors

I want to apply in the Category of 0111 (Financial Managers) and meet all other requirements of immigration. Just need to know that does this WES evaluation meets the minimum educaiton requirement to apply for the 0111 category?

Please reply

Regards
Hi Sandesh,

Need your help !!

Can you please help me as what document should i sent to WES to get my ACCA evaluated. As i am also ACCA member, however i am not able to have my transcripts from insitiution.

Regards,
Rajat

cheema007

Apr 16, 2018
I got my ACCA membership by directly qualifying the Professional level exams because of exemptions granted from foundation and skill level exams due to my Chartered Accountancy degree in India. Can my ACCA membership be considered for evaluation??

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi Sandesh,

Need your help !!

Can you please help me as what document should i sent to WES to get my ACCA evaluated. As i am also ACCA member, however i am not able to have my transcripts from insitiution.

Regards,
Rajat
You only need to send a copy of Membership certificate to WES. Just drop an email to ACCA to send necessary documents to WES and they will send all required documents to them. They are doing this for years and know what document to send.

I got my ACCA membership by directly qualifying the Professional level exams because of exemptions granted from foundation and skill level exams due to my Chartered Accountancy degree in India. Can my ACCA membership be considered for evaluation??
I believe that should be acceptable. But only WES can confirm on it's equivalency. Best way is to get your CA and ACCA both evaluated and see what they provide.

Rajagula

Apr 17, 2018
Hi Sandesh

Could you please share your contact number on 09899177857 . I need to talk to you regarding same. As i am still in dilemma

Regards,
Rajat Gulati

NOMAD2017

Mar 9, 2017
Mississauga, Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-11-2019
Passport Req..
20-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2019
LANDED..........
01-10-2020
Dear All

I am an ACCA member and had sent my degree for evaluation. I also have done Bachelors of Commerce from Pakistan (2 year degree). I am also trying to send my Pakistani Bachelors of Commerce to WES.

My question is, having an ACCA qualification, should I have just relied upon it for my evaluation. Adding Pakistani Matriculation/Intermediate and Bachelors, have I done a mistake? Since it has definitely increased my waiting time plus I do not know what difference would it really make if ACCA is already regarded as a 3 years bachelor or more (from my online research).

Secondly, If a Pakistani Bachelors + ACCA can give me more points, then it might make sense worth all the hassle. But if they are going to evaluate all the documents and somehow give me a 4 year bachelor equivalent, then it should have been better not to add the Pakistani documents.

NOTE: I had to call WES to add the Bachelors of Commerce credential while my ACCA was already being evaluated (Have I done a mistake or should I ask them to delete this credential and continue to evaluate on ACCA??) I also do not know, how does it work while filling up the application for ITA!!!

MY CONCERN: it's GETTING TO LONG TO GET THE PAKISTANI PROCESS OF ATTESTATION

Can someone please guide me here?
My 2-year bachelor was assessed as 2 year post secondary diploma by WES. ACCA was assessed as a 4-year degree. I don't have bachelor from Oxford Brook, but will get MSc from UOL this year. I am also looking for an answer to my question. Will CPA Canada consider my MSc from UOL as a master degree? Will I be able to get CGA membership based on my ACCA + M.Sc from UOL..This thread mostly contains questions. I don't know why people stop responding to questions once they are through.

Reactions: MFA04

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi everyone.

This thread has been a great help. I have three small queries. I am an ACCA member and have done 2 years Bachelors in Commerce from Karachi University;

Firstly, will I be getting 2 degrees points, that is, Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees (One must be for a program of three or more years) on the basis of the aforementioned credentials?

Secondly, could I assess my B.com degree from IQAS and my ACCA credentials from WES? I am doing this because WES is the only body who is assessing ACCAs at the moment, however, in order to assess my B.com degree from WES I need to assess my inter and matriculation as well which is a lot of hassle. Will I still be getting 2 degrees points if my ACCA is assessed by WES and my B.Com is assessed by IQAS. Also, at the time of making an EE profile, is there any obstacles that I could potentially face if my credentials are assessed by 2 different bodies?

Thirdly, my wife who is a doctor from Pakistan is applying as a secondary applicant. She is not intending to practice anymore in Canada if we get the PR. In order to get few bonus points, I am planning to assess her credentials from IQAS. I have heard that there is a separate body for assessing medical credentials, however, it does not applies to someone who is not intending to continue her practice and applying as a secondary applicant. Can I get those crucial points if I get her degree assessed from IQAS?

Looking forward for a helpful response.

Last edited:

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
No idea bro. Do you think u think I can assess my 2 year bachelors degree from IQAS, whereas, ACCA from WES? Won't there be any problem in making an EE profile?

My 2-year bachelor was assessed as 2 year post secondary diploma by WES. ACCA was assessed as a 4-year degree. I don't have bachelor from Oxford Brook, but will get MSc from UOL this year. I am also looking for an answer to my question. Will CPA Canada consider my MSc from UOL as a master degree? Will I be able to get CGA membership based on my ACCA + M.Sc from UOL..This thread mostly contains questions. I don't know why people stop responding to questions once they are through.
Dear All

I am an ACCA member and had sent my degree for evaluation. I also have done Bachelors of Commerce from Pakistan (2 year degree). I am also trying to send my Pakistani Bachelors of Commerce to WES.

My question is, having an ACCA qualification, should I have just relied upon it for my evaluation. Adding Pakistani Matriculation/Intermediate and Bachelors, have I done a mistake? Since it has definitely increased my waiting time plus I do not know what difference would it really make if ACCA is already regarded as a 3 years bachelor or more (from my online research).

Secondly, If a Pakistani Bachelors + ACCA can give me more points, then it might make sense worth all the hassle. But if they are going to evaluate all the documents and somehow give me a 4 year bachelor equivalent, then it should have been better not to add the Pakistani documents.

NOTE: I had to call WES to add the Bachelors of Commerce credential while my ACCA was already being evaluated (Have I done a mistake or should I ask them to delete this credential and continue to evaluate on ACCA??) I also do not know, how does it work while filling up the application for ITA!!!

MY CONCERN: it's GETTING TO LONG TO GET THE PAKISTANI PROCESS OF ATTESTATION

Can someone please guide me here?
Hi. Have you received your assessment? What
If you have a Bsc

ukchoyon

Apr 28, 2018
Dear Members,

I have completed 12 out of 14 papers of ACCA. I also do have BSC from OBU. My question is if I am to evaluate my acca as well as my BSC from WES will I receive Canadian equivalency for my part completed acca since its equivalent to UK bachelor.

Please help.

Thank You.

BS9201

Apr 21, 2018
Hi,

I am an ACCA affiliate and I also have the OBU degree. I sent all the relevant documents to WES.

But the WES status now says "On Hold". They are asking for "Confirmation of Award Letter, Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business". I only received a certificate for Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business which I have already sent. Not sure what this Confirmation of Award Letter is.

Can someone guide me on this please?