+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

Asad H

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Dear Professionals,

I have got my ACCA and bsc degree evaluated from WES and they have evaluated as 2 bachelors degree of 4 years. Now, I am filing the forms to be submitted for express entry. In Education history/ details forms, I have encountered with following questions:

1. Has (I) finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?

2. Field of study Help - Field of study

3. Since what year?

4. This is my current study

5. To

6. Complete/full academic years Help - Complete/full academic years

7. Full-time/part-time study Help - Full-time/part-time study

8. Standing at the end of study period Help - Standing at the end of study period

9. Country of study

10. City/town of study

11. Name of school/institution

12. Level of education Help - Level of education

You all are requested to let me know what answers should be filled against the above questions, for both, ACCA and bsc degree.
Did you submit your secondary documents also? Or only acca and bsc certificates?

Booon11

Nov 11, 2017
Hi everyone. I am new to this website and although you guys have enormously contributed to my understanding of the evaluation process, I still have some questions.
I am a new ACCA Member (would receive the membership certificate in a couple of weeks) and have also done my BSc Honors from OBU. Sadly, my third professional qualification as a CFA is not evaluated by WES :(
My main question is that do I need to get my O and A level evaluated from WES in addition to BSc and ACCA as well?

Also, as per my current understanding, for ACCA I need to provide copies of fundamental level, proessional level, affiliate certificate and membership certificate to WES directly while a status report, letter of equivalency and letter of good standing will be sent directly by ACCA. For BSc, I will have to send copy of degree while OBU Shop shall deliver the transcript to WES.

Please correct me if I am wrong in my understanding of documents to be shared with WES, and let me know if O A level evaluation is necessary or would add any points to my profile.

Thanking you guys in advance :)

Arslan Wahla

Dec 1, 2017
Dear wifiwifey,

hi...could you please tell me,whether its possible to get an evaluation of two or more post secondary degree based on ACCA Membership,CAT Certificate and Advanced Diploma in accounting & Business certificate of ACCA from WES for Canada Express entry????

I do not have OBU or any Graduation...

Akos

Mar 7, 2017
Hello all,

Please I need your advice. I have a bachelors and masters degree in Accounting and finance and I am an ACCA Affiliate yet to convert to membership. I have recently sent my credentials to WES for evaluation except ACCA Docs because when I assessed myself using the CRS on CIC website. The section that says highest qualification, it says Masters or a professional qualification. So for this reason I feel sending only my BSc and MSc to be assessed by WES is ok so no need contacting ACCA. Please I need your thoughts on this.

Thanks Monica.

zeeshan.acca

Jun 23, 2010
My Question is,

Is there any ACCA affiliate/member - working in IT field as Business Analyst, System Analyst and pursued Canadian immigration under NOC code 2171?how is ECA assessment went through ? What was steps and procedures he has followed?

As with growing needs of IT services, software vendors started hiring industry professionals to improve their systems and software, as they know business process of industry much better than non-finance people do.

These jobs were so lucrative in terms of compensation, travel, and working nature that many finance professionals has opted it. Neither it is bad at all nor disadvantageous, in fact will they be valuable resource for audit firms in future when there is a digital submission of financial statements approved, as they are already working on XBRL.

taiebz

Dec 10, 2017
I just came across this forum and found it really helpfull

Can you guys please let me know
I am an ACCA memeber (without OBU BSC degree) and also have done B.COM(2 years from Pakistan)
how much years of equivalency i can get from WES for USA? by ACCA and B.COM individually

Thankyou
Did you get any answers on B.com 2 year Plus ACCA ECA from WES

Jun 23, 2017
Dear Professionals,

I have got my ACCA and bsc degree evaluated from WES and they have evaluated as 2 bachelors degree of 4 years. Now, I am filling the forms to be submitted for express entry. In Education history/ details forms, I have encountered with following questions:

1. Has (I) finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?

2. Field of study Help - Field of study

3. Since what year?

4. This is my current study

5. To

6. Complete/full academic years Help - Complete/full academic years

7. Full-time/part-time study Help - Full-time/part-time study

8. Standing at the end of study period Help - Standing at the end of study period

9. Country of study

10. City/town of study

11. Name of school/institution

12. Level of education Help - Level of education

You all are requested to let me know what answers should be provided against the above questions if a person have ACCA Certification and bsc degree evaluated by WES.

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

I am an ACCA and my ECA is in progress. I had obtained exemptions (F1-F4 and F6 to be precise) from ACCA on the basis of my CA passes and cleared the remaining papers. Will that affect my evaluation?

I am aware that normally ACCA is evaluated as a Canadian 4-year bachelor but I just recently came across a post on a different group where a person had his ACCA affiliation evaluated as a one-year undergraduate study and he had obtained exemptions. I have a BSc (Hons) from OBU and am aiming to select the 'Two or more degrees option..' as that will give me additional points but starting to worry since coming across that post.

Anybody experienced anything similar before or having knowledge on the matter?

Regards.

James Mcguire

Jun 18, 2015
Hi,

I am an ACCA and my ECA is in progress. I had obtained exemptions (F1-F4 and F6 to be precise) from ACCA on the basis of my CA passes and cleared the remaining papers. Will that affect my evaluation?

I am aware that normally ACCA is evaluated as a Canadian 4-year bachelor but I just recently came across a post on a different group where a person had his ACCA affiliation evaluated as a one-year undergraduate study and he had obtained exemptions. I have a BSc (Hons) from OBU and am aiming to select the 'Two or more degrees option..' as that will give me additional points but starting to worry since coming across that post.

Anybody experienced anything similar before or having knowledge on the matter?

Regards.
Hi, I am in similar position to yours, I presume you have received your WES evaluation by now, so can you pls tell me how did they assess your ACCA despite the exemptions.

thanks alot it will be a great help as I started to worry too.

abby89

Jan 4, 2018
Hello,

I am currently studying ACCA and have cleared only 4 papers so far i.e Level One which is equivalent to a Diploma in Accounting in Business and paper F4. I have also O Levels and A Levels. My husband is currently applying for PR. Can you please let me know how many points he can claim for my education in the Express Entry Profile.

Will WES evaluate my transcript for ACCA considering that I have not yet completed it? I am planning to send my certificates for O Levels, A Levels as well to them.

Do you have any idea what will be WES evaluation for my case?

Apologies if anything is not clear as I am all new to all these.

Please advise.

Thanks and regards

Abby

Reactions: Shassann1995.18

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hi, I am in similar position to yours, I presume you have received your WES evaluation by now, so can you pls tell me how did they assess your ACCA despite the exemptions.

thanks alot it will be a great help as I started to worry too.
Hi,

I received my ECA report last week and WES has evaluated both of my credentials as 4-year Canadian bachelors.

Thanks.

Mkhan_Khi

Jan 17, 2018
Does that mean your score will be based on double Bachelors in the express entry? Or you will only receive points for Bachelors?

Hi,

I received my ECA report last week and WES has evaluated both of my credentials as 4-year Canadian bachelors.

Thanks.

KhanO

Dec 30, 2017
Dear All

I am an ACCA member and had sent my degree for evaluation. I also have done Bachelors of Commerce from Pakistan (2 year degree). I am also trying to send my Pakistani Bachelors of Commerce to WES.

My question is, having an ACCA qualification, should I have just relied upon it for my evaluation. Adding Pakistani Matriculation/Intermediate and Bachelors, have I done a mistake? Since it has definitely increased my waiting time plus I do not know what difference would it really make if ACCA is already regarded as a 3 years bachelor or more (from my online research).

Secondly, If a Pakistani Bachelors + ACCA can give me more points, then it might make sense worth all the hassle. But if they are going to evaluate all the documents and somehow give me a 4 year bachelor equivalent, then it should have been better not to add the Pakistani documents.

NOTE: I had to call WES to add the Bachelors of Commerce credential while my ACCA was already being evaluated (Have I done a mistake or should I ask them to delete this credential and continue to evaluate on ACCA??) I also do not know, how does it work while filling up the application for ITA!!!

MY CONCERN: it's GETTING TO LONG TO GET THE PAKISTANI PROCESS OF ATTESTATION

Can someone please guide me here?

Last edited:

mumarsheikh

Jan 30, 2018
Hi i am an ACCA member and have completed by Fundamental Papers in 2010 i have sent my documents for to WES for evaluation they are now asking to send Final Degree Certificate but ACCA and i have contacted ACCA they have told me that they are unable to send the Fundamental Level Completion certificate to WES. They have send WES a Letter of Good Standing and your ACCA Transcript.
Now i want to know do i have to download the Certificate from My ACCA dashboard and send it by my self would WES Accept it.
I have another question i have also completed BSc OBU degree in 2017 so what ECA report would they give me basis on these two qualifications

NN88

Feb 7, 2018
Hi All, I really found this forum to be of great help in finding answers to common questions and information.

If some one could help me with the information regarding on going ACCA for evaluation. I have one exam left to qualify ACCA. Does WES consider in progress ACCA as well? Also, if they provide any credits for CMA, USA as I have completed that and if there is any credit given to Advanced diploma in accounting & business granted by ACCA as on path towards membership.

Your help would be highly appreciated!