+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA (WES assessed as 3 years equivalent)

riciamsc

Jun 23, 2017
Good day,

I have the following qualifications, BSc Accounting, ACCA and CFE. I sent my BSc degree to ICAS to be evaluated and it is equivalent to a 3 year degree in Canada. I inquired with ICAS prior to submitting my BSc for evaluation whether or not my other professional designations can also be evaluated and I was told "NO". Hence I evaluated my bachelors degree alone.

Now I am on this site and I am seeing persons stating they submitted their ACCA qualification to WES Canada and it was evaluated and is equivalent to a 3 year degree? I checked WES Canada's website and it states the following;

"Does WES evaluate work experience?
WES evaluates formal secondary and post-secondary academic credentials only. WES does not assess professional designation, professional competence or experience."

I am missing something here or maybe the policy has changed since WES is claiming they do not evaluate professional designations. Kindly share your similar experiences.

Thank you.

anjumank

Jul 12, 2017
Dear All,

I have been reading the forum queries for the ACCA members and have gone through your responses which are really helpful. I am also looking forward to register with WEC but I have a small question. What all qualifications do we need to provide for the assessment. Do they only need our BSc (hons) and ACCA membership assessed or even the Olevels & Alevels certificates. Should I even fill the school information or only the latest qualifications.

Kindly even advice if they just need the transcripts from the universities or the original documents (certificates).

Regards,
Anjuman

hello_smile

Jul 24, 2017
Dear Sir & Madam,

Does WES consider ACCA Advanced Diploma? I'm done with F level, & now on professional level, in which 3 P papers have been completed, 2 P papers remained.
Highly appreciate your advice, expert. Thank you very much.

A good day to you :):)

Reactions: Umer Naeem Khan
Jun 23, 2017
Dear Professionals,

I have got my ACCA and bsc degree evaluated from WES and they have evaluated as 2 bachelors degree of 4 years. Now, I am filing the forms to be submitted for express entry. In Education history/ details forms, I have encountered with following questions:

1. Has (I) finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?

2. Field of study Help - Field of study

3. Since what year?

4. This is my current study

5. To

6. Complete/full academic years Help - Complete/full academic years

7. Full-time/part-time study Help - Full-time/part-time study

8. Standing at the end of study period Help - Standing at the end of study period

9. Country of study

10. City/town of study

11. Name of school/institution

12. Level of education Help - Level of education

You all are requested to let me know what answers should be filled against the above questions, for both, ACCA and bsc degree.

Arsal

Sep 4, 2017
Dear Professionals,

I have got my ACCA and bsc degree evaluated from WES and they have evaluated as 2 bachelors degree of 4 years. Now, I am filing the forms to be submitted for express entry. In Education history/ details forms, I have encountered with following questions:

1. Has (I) finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?

2. Field of study Help - Field of study

3. Since what year?

4. This is my current study

5. To

6. Complete/full academic years Help - Complete/full academic years

7. Full-time/part-time study Help - Full-time/part-time study

8. Standing at the end of study period Help - Standing at the end of study period

9. Country of study

10. City/town of study

11. Name of school/institution

12. Level of education Help - Level of education

You all are requested to let me know what answers should be filled against the above questions, for both, ACCA and bsc degree.

Hi charles,
can you please tell me the whole WES process you done? How many documents did you submit to them and how long did it take? does they really access ACCA Membership qualification as its mentioned on their site that they do not evaluate occupational or trade qualification?
Can you please give me your email address or watsapp ? as i really need this information ...

Arsal

Sep 4, 2017
hav
Good day,

I have the following qualifications, BSc Accounting, ACCA and CFE. I sent my BSc degree to ICAS to be evaluated and it is equivalent to a 3 year degree in Canada. I inquired with ICAS prior to submitting my BSc for evaluation whether or not my other professional designations can also be evaluated and I was told "NO". Hence I evaluated my bachelors degree alone.

Now I am on this site and I am seeing persons stating they submitted their ACCA qualification to WES Canada and it was evaluated and is equivalent to a 3 year degree? I checked WES Canada's website and it states the following;

"Does WES evaluate work experience?
WES evaluates formal secondary and post-secondary academic credentials only. WES does not assess professional designation, professional competence or experience."

I am missing something here or maybe the policy has changed since WES is claiming they do not evaluate professional designations. Kindly share your similar experiences.

Thank you.
Is the bachelors degree they evaluated was BSC Hons from OBU on ACCA basis ?

farzeen_y

Oct 11, 2017
Hello, just got 3 years bachelor from WES,

I sent ACCA membership certificate (mandatory),
ACCA Fundamental, professional, diploma certificate,
ACCA masters equivalency provided by ACCA UK.

I asked ACCA UK to directly post the same documents signed and stamped including transcript to WES.

WES will provide u candidate number and their address of canadian office once u pay their fee after making an account on their website.

Thanks!
Hi,

I requested ACCA to send my transcripts to WES. I got a mail from WES saying that they haven't received the final degree certificate but they have received the academic transcripts. My status is "on hold" now. When I contacted ACCA they said they do not issue copies of membership certificates to third parties. Please help on what could be done now. I contacted WES aswell. They asked me to fax my final degree certificate with the reference number on the cover sheet.

Thanks,

Farzeen

farzeen_y

Oct 11, 2017
Hi
Hi FRG

For ACCA you only need to send copies of your ACCA affiliate and membership certificates yourselves to WES and ask ACCA Authorities to send your transcripts directly to WES

No need to send any other documents
Hi Sandesh,

Can we sent copy of our membership certificate ourselves?. ACCA have sent my academic transcripts but they said they would not issue copies of membership certificates to third parties. If I am sending it it won't have the seal of ACCA in the flap of the envelope right?. When I contacted ACCA they are asking me to fax my "final degree certificate" with the reference number on the cover sheet. If I have to send a copy of membership certificate I will have to request an additional copy from ACCA for which they charge. I don't know what is to be done. Could you please advise.

Many thanks,

Farzeen

farzeen_y

Oct 11, 2017
Hi
Hello Sandesh & Every One

Hope you all are in the best of health.

I have one query regarding this subject, I am ACCA member and I send following documents to WES Canada for assessment

1). ACCA Fundamentals Level Certificate
2). ACCA Professional Level Certificate
3). ACCA Membership Certificate
4). ACCA Equivalence Status letter to UK Masters.
5). ACCA letter of good standing as ACCA member

Now I got email from WES and they asking for one more document that is Final Degree Certificate, which I don't understand what it means?

Can you please guide me in this regard. What should I send to them, only above 5 documents I finally received from ACCA.

I shall be very very thankful for your prompt response in this regards

Thanks
Muhammad Zeeshan Taqi Reply Forward

Hi Zeeshan,

Even I got the same reply though ACCA said me they wouldn't issue copies of membership certificates to third parties. Could you please say how you resolved your issue and how can we send our membership certificate.

Regards,

Farzeen

Hife

Oct 20, 2017
Hi

Hi Zeeshan,

Even I got the same reply though ACCA said me they wouldn't issue copies of membership certificates to third parties. Could you please say how you resolved your issue and how can we send our membership certificate.

Regards,

Farzeen
You are the one who sends the copy of the certificate to wes. Acca will send the transcript. They do not send the certificate that is your responsibility to send the copy. Its clearly stated by wes in the email they send you of what to send and how to send it.

usamah.js

Nov 8, 2017
Thank Wifi for responding on timely basis, I am sorry for not checking canadavisa forum lately.

For O/A levels and ACCA affiliate equivalency, u have to ask ACCA to send your transcript and you may send copies of your documents as well to WES which may include:

Professional and fundamental certificate,
Diploma certificate,
Masters equivalency from ACCA.

ACCA affiliate/member will get you 3 years of Canadian bachelor equivalency. hwoever if you also have BSC OBU degree you may get it assess along with you acca as well, which will help u to get 4 years bachelor degree or 2 post secondary degree (in later option you will get additional points if you also have CLB-9 in IELTS)

Dear Wifey/Murtaza,

I have an ACCA affiliate status from 6 years and now I have applied for ACCA membership. I also have a BSC OBU degree
For immgration purpose, I need to get 'Two or more degrees' evaluation.

Should I apply into WES with ACCA affiliate status along with OBU or should I wait for membership? Please advice

usamah.js

Nov 8, 2017
Select two or more degrees option for your highest qualification.
Dear Wifiwifey,

I have an ACCA affiliate status from 6 years and now I have applied for ACCA membership. I also have a BSC OBU degree
For immgration purpose, I need to get 'Two or more degrees' evaluation.

Should I apply into WES with ACCA affiliate status along with OBU or should I wait for membership? Please advice

Reactions: Swedha