Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Im sure if they want to trace out any individual and check fingerprints they sure can do it in minutes (especially during some national security threat situations). Rules wont be applicable then, only in these situations all sorts of rules and procedures will become active!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This information was probably redacted. On the page that you see "Assignment" and "Due Date", do you see section numbers like s(13).1 or something like that anywhere on the page? Usually, they are printed in the top/bottom corners of the page.

IRCC is well-known to redact too much information thereby making the notes useless. For my PR application, I received enough information in my GCMS notes that enabled meaningful analysis. But looks like that isn't the case for citizenship applications.

I've heard people saying that if you request the same notes from CBSA, you'll get a less redacted version but the catch is that CBSA doesn't provide a response online. They will either print the report and send it to you OR they'll add the PDF file to a CD (yes, you read it right and no, I'm not drunk) and mail it to you (A government organization from one of the most developed countries in the world resorting to the USE OF CDs in 2021 SURPRISES ME!). In addition to that, you'll (from what people are saying) get notes from CBSA in a timely manner (30 days) rather than having to wait beyond the stipulated time without an explanation or a bogus extension request which, unfortunately, is common with IRCC.

Note : I have only heard people say this and I have not tried this myself so I can't attest as to how true this is. I intend to apply notes at a later date from CBSA and see if there is any truth to this claim. I'll be better off getting notes in the paper format and scanning it rather than getting a CD because (surprise-surprise), I don't have a CD drive. To be fair, I'm very happy that they don't still use the 1.44 MB floppy disks to send GCMS notes.
An update to this note. CBSA now provides GCMS notes as an electronic copy. Looks like they've finally made some improvements to their systems.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
An update to this note. CBSA now provides GCMS notes as an electronic copy. Looks like they've finally made some improvements to their systems.
You can request note regarding seciurty screening to CBSA but usually they send a copy of your application submitted to IRCC. They don’t provide any status update regarding the security checks and claiming that they only send that to IRCC. Based on my experience during pr. Maybe they changed that now but at that time after many extensions they sent a copy of the application and that’s it.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Umanitoba, when you receive your notes for security, would appreciate if you share the abstract from there here! There are a number of people like you whose background is struck somewhere!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You can request note regarding seciurty screening to CBSA but usually they send a copy of your application submitted to IRCC. They don’t provide any status update regarding the security checks and claiming that they only send that to IRCC. Based on my experience during pr. Maybe they changed that now but at that time after many extensions they sent a copy of the application and that’s it.
I'm talking about GCMS notes in general. The word is that CBSA doesn't redact as much information as IRCC does. CBSA will request notes from IRCC and (probably) perform its own redaction based on CBSA policy. That is why some people claim that CBSA notes are much more detailed than the notes from IRCC.

I am not sure if this is true and I won't know until I test this myself.

aliwa_usa

Star Member
Jul 25, 2016
My notes show Fingerprints required with due date 2021/05/02 and I'm still waiting for fingerprint request. Not sure why thy would require all this when thy took fingerprints and retinal scan for NEXUS card. When they cant centralize the database system between various security agencies, how efficiently is the process working? Its a basic thing one would expect to happen!
I had similar situation. Was saying same under the notes, due date was middle of Feb 2021, received my Fingerprint request middle of April. So maybe you will get yours next month. If it shows required then yes you will receive a request. Hold tight and good luck:)

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
My BG check is also in progress. Applied in June 2020 not sure why it is taking time.
I'm in the same situation. Which is your local office? Have you confirmed with ircc if it's Security or Criminality that's taking so long? Coz I have seen many waiting for ther Criminality.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
I'm in the same situation. Which is your local office? Have you confirmed with ircc if it's Security or Criminality that's taking so long? Coz I have seen many waiting for ther Criminality.
Crim. is passed and the file is not transferred to local office because of pending bg check.

Last edited:

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Crim. is passed and the file is not transferred to local office before of pending bg check.
That’s strange normally once criminality is passed the file is transferred to local office! That’s what i have seen from my GCMS! Criminality is assessed even before application sent into process and in process technically means the file is being transferred or transferred!

Reactions: harirajmohan

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
That’s strange normally once criminality is passed the file is transferred to local office! That’s what i have seen from my GCMS! Criminality is assessed even before application sent into process and in process technically means the file is being transferred or transferred!
That’s what the phone agent told me.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AFAIK, file is transferred ONLY AFTER BG checks are complete (both criminality and security).

In my case, criminality was completed on 9th Feb. Not sure when the security was completed (likely the same date). My BG checks were set to "Passed" on 9th March in the dashboard. My application was sent by CPC-Sydney to my local office on 10th March. The local office received it on 19th March.

So, CPC-Sydney only transfers the files AFTER both criminality and security clearances are obtained and there are No reportable traces.

Reactions: Kornet

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
My file is in the local office since Feb based on my GCMS notes and still security is in progress. My file is sitting in the Registry, so I think they transfer the file to local office after criminality passed. Before COVID people also getting test invite before security is passed and then many has waited for security after the test to get the oath invite. But seems that they changed this now which is jot fair to hold everything for this.

saad1111

May 21, 2018
My file is in the local office since Feb based on my GCMS notes and still security is in progress. My file is sitting in the Registry, so I think they transfer the file to local office after criminality passed. Before COVID people also getting test invite before security is passed and then many has waited for security after the test to get the oath invite. But seems that they changed this now which is jot fair to hold everything for this.
I believe you have figured out a lot of things, correctly but for security have you done any research how much the estimated time it takes, I also have similar situation as you where my criminality is completed in Feb, I have completed my test and interview in March, and since the no update. background check prohibition and physical presence all in progress as per tracker, please keep us posted if there is any update. I am not sure if it matters but what office your file is being processed because I believe the security check for all visa office is done centrally.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I believe you have figured out a lot of things, correctly but for security have you done any research how much the estimated time it takes, I also have similar situation as you where my criminality is completed in Feb, I have completed my test and interview in March, and since the no update. background check prohibition and physical presence all in progress as per tracker, please keep us posted if there is any update. I am not sure if it matters but what office your file is being processed because I believe the security check for all visa office is done centrally.
Your application is so quick you applied in dec2020 and you are done with test and interview. Wow!