+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
AFAIK, file is transferred ONLY AFTER BG checks are complete (both criminality and security).

In my case, criminality was completed on 9th Feb. Not sure when the security was completed (likely the same date). My BG checks were set to "Passed" on 9th March in the dashboard. My application was sent by CPC-Sydney to my local office on 10th March. The local office received it on 19th March.

So, CPC-Sydney only transfers the files AFTER both criminality and security clearances are obtained and there are No reportable traces.
Not necessary my file was transferred even though my BG is still in progress.

Reactions: novascotia27

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Any idea how long GCMS notes takes these days ? I ordered exactly 30 days ago. when should I expect them ? any idea ?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Send a reminder to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca telling them that your request number <enter request number here> is due today. They'll get back to you probably in a couple of days.

IRCC is known for NOT sending GCMS notes on time.
Yes, send an email to this email and they will send the notes in a day or two. Last time after 30 days, I sent a follow up and instead of a response I received the notes after two days.

Reactions: JustCitizen

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Unfortunately, so far everyone here is stuck with comprehensive BC. Do we know anyone who recently got this completed after being stuck in 'comprehensive BC check' ? Just to get an idea on how long CSIS is taking these days ?

Reactions: hawat

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Unfortunately, so far everyone here is stuck with comprehensive BC. Do we know anyone who recently got this completed after being stuck in 'comprehensive BC check' ? Just to get an idea on how long CSIS is taking these days ?
Good question. This is my question as well. Does any one has an answer?
I’ve been tracking applicants of early 2020. Those who don’t get stuck in BG check, have it completed only 1-2 months after their application is in progress. It was yesterday I saw an applicant got BG check completed 5 months after their application was in process. We need more samples to have a better idea of average time of a long BG check ... I wish people were reporting their BG check completion date in the excel sheet (new tracker of CIC shows this date as well).

Last edited:

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Has anyone received GCMS note from CSIS recently? How long does it take? Today is 31 days since I requested it nothing yet, sent a reminder today to the email address they had provided ...

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Good question. This is my question as well. Does any one has an answer?
I’ve been tracking applicants of early 2020. Those who don’t get stuck in BG check, have it completed only 1-2 months after their application is in progress. It was yesterday I saw an applicant got BG check completed 5 months after their application was in process. We need more samples to have a better idea of average time of a long BG check ... I wish people were reporting their BG check completion date in the excel sheet (new tracker of CIC shows this date as well).
5 Months ? I wish !!! but I guess its impossible otherwise we would see so many applicants passing comprehensive BC which is not the case.
Do you know by any chance when BC started and completed for that applicant ? because if its 5 months then we are almost there.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
5 Months ? I wish !!! but I guess its impossible otherwise we would see so many applicants passing comprehensive BC which is not the case.
Do you know by any chance when BC started and completed for that applicant ? because if its 5 months then we are almost there.
If I could find it I’ll let yo know. The start date of BG check is not mentioned clearly on CIC tracker, I think it can be found on GCMS note or asking the agent. The case I’m referring to had 5 months gap between application-in-process till BG check completed.

I think there are many applicants waiting longer than 5-6 months. This is why having better statistics (larger number of samples) will make the conclusion more realistic.

Reactions: JustCitizen
Dec 4, 2020
Has anyone received GCMS note from CSIS recently? How long does it take? Today is 31 days since I requested it nothing yet, sent a reminder today to the email address they had provided ...
It takes anywhere between 1-3 weeks. Even if you requested email transmission, they will send you a CD/DVD with pdf document in it.
Btw, CSIS does not provide GCMS notes as they don't work on gcms. Their role is to simply complete a security screening and send the assessment back to CIC. And they actually do a phenomenal job at this unless your home country is a conflict zone or you have traveled to such areas. CSIS sent my assessment back next day but CIC didn't update it for a while.
Your application is probably stuck on criminality and not security. If it needs a FP check through CCRTIS, CIC will take forever to initiate it for unknown reasons.

Once again, CSIS will NOT provide you with gcms notes. Good luck!

Reactions: hawat

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
It takes anywhere between 1-3 weeks. Even if you requested email transmission, they will send you a CD/DVD with pdf document in it.
Btw, CSIS does not provide GCMS notes as they don't work on gcms. Their role is to simply complete a security screening and send the assessment back to CIC. And they actually do a phenomenal job at this unless your home country is a conflict zone or you have traveled to such areas. CSIS sent my assessment back next day but CIC didn't update it for a while.
Your application is probably stuck on criminality and not security. If it needs a FP check through CCRTIS, CIC will take forever to initiate it for unknown reasons.

Once again, CSIS will NOT provide you with gcms notes. Good luck!
Thanks for your message. I had GCMS note from CIC and my criminality was passed soon after application process started and no fingerprint required. It will be valid for one year. It’s actually CSIS report which is pending.
I hope I receive a response from CSIS, it’s been more than a month since if submitted the request. I might wait one more week and request again if received nothing.