+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I applied in Dec 2020 and file is in process since March 18 (AOR date).Current status is background verification in progess especially security because criminality is completed.So its been roughly 2.5 months since my file is with CSIS for security clearance. Do u think i should request ATIP from CSIS or should i wait a little longer ? Any suggestions?
You just applied in dec 2020, you should just wait. Security can take more than a year. I applied in april and still security in progress since oct 2020!

Reactions: SNGHL_2013

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
You just applied in dec 2020, you should just wait. Security can take more than a year. I applied in april and still security in progress since oct 2020!
its so painful for being punished for no reason. Hope u get it done soon.Did u order CSIS notes ? to see what's going on ?

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
I ordered GCMS from CIC. My Criminality is pending...
If you know criminality is pending, wat is the point of getting gcms notes from IRCC? Make an atip request to RCMP.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
@umanitoba, did you apply for notes to check why security is taking this long? Or have you spoken with IRCC what did they tell you?

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I sent my application in sept 2020, file still in Sydney, criminality completed and CSIS report is pending. Is it possible getting test invitation while background is in progress?

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
I sent my application in sept 2020, file still in Sydney, criminality completed and CSIS report is pending. Is it possible getting test invitation while background is in progress?
hawat, yes there are a few individuals who posted in here and Facebook groups, that there BG was still in process when they received test invites. Having said that, it’s very strange some people had BG processed in 1/2 months and others still waiting!

Reactions: hawat

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
hawat, yes there are a few individuals who posted in here and Facebook groups, that there BG was still in process when they received test invites. Having said that, it’s very strange some people had BG processed in 1/2 months and others still waiting!
Thank you for your explanation. I hope we get test invite soon at least, seeing some progress makes waiting a bit easier.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Are we non-routine applicants? Or, there might be a chance that still it’s not the worst case scenario ?

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hawat, if an applicant receives test invite within one year of application’s filed date; I guess( imo) is not non-routine!

Reactions: hawat

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
@umanitoba, did you apply for notes to check why security is taking this long? Or have you spoken with IRCC what did they tell you?
Yes, got my gcms note but unfortunately they redacted the entire history which is against the access to information since they only should redact the sensitive history related to security not everything. I have also ordered notes from csis and waiting to receive those, soon it will pass the 30 days deadline and yet I haven’t received request for extension or the notes. Once I receive those then I will follow up with IRCC to see what’s the reason for significant delays. These notes and communications are very important for the next steps and possibly FC process. I have been waiting for 14 months and IRCC fails to fairly process the application while they I see many recent applicants receive test invite. This is a discriminatory.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Received my GCMS notes as well today. It shows my file became in progress on Feburary 2nd, and then was transferred to local office and is "in-transit" status since Feburary 22nd. that is almost 3 months and Local office hasn't receive it yet.

I also do have a finger print request which I still didn't receive it. So I guess I will only receive my local office but not sure though, alhtough fingerprint requests theses days was coming from Vancouver.

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Out of frustration, I scanned Canadavisa forums for BCs and it seems applicant's nationality is one major driver for 'Comprehensive BC'. Just my thoughts, could be wrong.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
You are absolutely right. I had to go through the same nightmare during my pr application which took more than a year to complete and without a clear reason why!!! And now after 2 years same thing?? Last time the issue wasn’t CSIS since they processed mine in 2-3 month but the issue was between cbsa and ircc which don’t provide any clear answer. For citizenship, i think only csis is involved and I think the issue is ircc. I can confirm when I got my notes.

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
You are absolutely right. I had to go through the same nightmare during my pr application which took more than a year to complete and without a clear reason why!!! And now after 2 years same thing?? Last time the issue wasn’t CSIS since they processed mine in 2-3 month but the issue was between cbsa and ircc which don’t provide any clear answer. For citizenship, i think only csis is involved and I think the issue is ircc. I can confirm when I got my notes.
My notes show Fingerprints required with due date 2021/05/02 and I'm still waiting for fingerprint request. Not sure why thy would require all this when thy took fingerprints and retinal scan for NEXUS card. When they cant centralize the database system between various security agencies, how efficiently is the process working? Its a basic thing one would expect to happen!

Last edited: