+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I dont know what this is about. Why are you getting notes from cbsa when background check is complete?
I know that my BG Checks are complete AND my application is "Test Ready". Point of getting notes from CBSA is not that.

IRCC redacted a lot of important information like application assignment due date and electronic notes of the officers. I have now requested GCMS notes from CBSA. From what I understand, CBSA will get an unredacted version of my GCMS file and redact it based on their own policies. The word is that CBSA doesn't censor too much information in the notes. They don't randomly remove information from the GCMS notes claiming section S.12(1), or so they say.

I am expecting to receive a copy of CBSA redacted version of my GCMS file.

Reasons why I did this:

1. To confirm and verify if the rather large number of claims that GCMS notes from CBSA offer "more" information (and less redaction) is true
2. To see if I am able to get ahold of any electronic notes of the officer that might throw more light into the application workflow
3. To see if I am able to get the assignment due date for my application

IRCC has been redacting too much information from the notes as of late and ordering GCMS notes from CBSA rather than IRCC might provide more useful information.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I know that my BG Checks are complete AND my application is "Test Ready". Point of getting notes from CBSA is not that.

IRCC redacted a lot of important information like application assignment due date and electronic notes of the officers. I have now requested GCMS notes from CBSA. From what I understand, CBSA will get an unredacted version of my GCMS file and redact it based on their own policies. The word is that CBSA doesn't censor too much information in the notes. They don't randomly remove information from the GCMS notes claiming section S.12(1), or so they say.

I am expecting to receive a copy of CBSA redacted version of my GCMS file.

Reasons why I did this:

1. To confirm and verify if the rather large number of claims that GCMS notes from CBSA offer "more" information (and less redaction) is true
2. To see if I am able to get ahold of any electronic notes of the officer that might throw more light into the application workflow
3. To see if I am able to get the assignment due date for my application

IRCC has been redacting too much information from the notes as of late and ordering GCMS notes from CBSA rather than IRCC might provide more useful information.
A quick question: when you ordered notes from CBSA, what did you ask exactly. I know for pr applications, CBSA is responsible for conducting security checks but based on IRCC operational manuals, the security clearance for citizenship will be processed by CSIS. If CBSA is not involved in this process, do they send a copy of the GCMS notes? Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
A quick question: when you ordered notes from CBSA, what did you ask exactly. I know for pr applications, CBSA is responsible for conducting security checks but based on IRCC operational manuals, the security clearance for citizenship will be processed by CSIS. If CBSA is not involved in this process, do they send a copy of the GCMS notes? Thanks
CBSA uses the GCMS system as well, just like IRCC. My wording in the request went something like this :

Please provide any and all information about my CITIZENSHIP GRANT application including but not limited to officer's electronic notes, status updates and any other information that is related to the aforementioned application.

Thank you!

UCI = XXXXXXXX
Application number = ZZZZZZZZ

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
@umanitoba You can also go a step further and ask information about your entry/exit in to Canada on the same request. This is what CIC requests too even tho they should already have access to it. Lol
Also, don't expect a response from CBSA for about 2 months.
Jokes apart but 2 months wait is still manageable! I know IRCC will take its due course and no one externally can control it. So let's enjoy our lives and hoping that one day (only god knows) we all will be citizens of this great country!!!

Robinhood83

Jun 11, 2020
Damn So you are basically following up on a follow up with another follow up. LOL. The good ol' CIC. Either ways, the response is just gonna be "We are processing your application. Thanks for your patience."
I have noticed another trend, every time I would request GCMS notes, there will be some activity from the case officer too. This is based on my expereince from my PR days and early citizenship application days.
I have already ordered GCMS notes few weeks back so lets hope i see some activity...

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Interesting. Did you receive a file number from CSIS? Give the privacy co-ordinator office a call at 613-231-0107 and keep bothering them.
Also, send an email to CSIS-ATIP asking for an update - atip-aiprp@smtp.gc.ca

Hope you hear back soon!
Quick question. Do you know how long it take to receive CSIS report after they mail it? CSIS told me the report has left their office 3 June 2021, I’ve not still received it. Maybe I’m overthinking, but on 4 June morning I received a buzz call that I’ve a package I opened the door but never received anything. It would be impossible that CSIS report arrive next day right? I’m in Waterloo

Dec 4, 2020
Quick question. Do you know how long it take to receive CSIS report after they mail it? CSIS told me the report has left their office 3 June 2021, I’ve not still received it. Maybe I’m overthinking, but on 4 June morning I received a buzz call that I’ve a package I opened the door but never received anything. It would be impossible that CSIS report arrive next day right? I’m in Waterloo
It's sent through standard letter mail which is 4 business days from Ottawa to west. Not sure where you are but it could be more or less.
You will receive a letter and a DVD with ATIP Unclassified written on it. Lol.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
It's sent through standard letter mail which is 4 business days from Ottawa to west. Not sure where you are but it could be more or less.
You will receive a letter and a DVD with ATIP Unclassified written on it. Lol.
Thank you. I’m in Waterloo (east), I don’t mind waiting longer, I’m worried the package which failed delivery on 4 June was the CSIS report. But on the other hand I think it’s unlikely they mail it 3 June from Ottawa and it arrive 4 June morning in Waterloo

Dec 4, 2020
Thank you. I’m in Waterloo (east), I don’t mind waiting longer, I’m worried the package which failed delivery on 4 June was the CSIS report. But on the other hand I think it’s unlikely they mail it 3 June from Ottawa and it arrive 4 June morning in Waterloo
No worries. Yeah, I am pretty sure they won't send overnight. Lol. On a side note, did you have to do FP for your citizenship application?

tm.bilal

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
I called yesterday to client service , today my tracker shows fingerprints required. It says sent letter on June 14. I didn’t receive any not in junk folder too. Is this expected?

Reactions: Kornet

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I received the ATIP response from CSIS today. It’s just a single page letter saying the screening is in progress. No DVD. Any idea? Is the DVD with PDF file only when the screening finished?

Reactions: Kornet