+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Thank you. I’m in Waterloo (east), I don’t
I received the ATIP response from CSIS today. It’s just a single page letter saying the screening is in progress. No DVD. Any idea? Is the DVD with PDF file only when the screening finished?
How long did it take from your ATIP request to receive the letter? When did you apply for citizenship?

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Ok I applied 5 months before you and still waiting. Did the letter has any information on when they received request and what type of screening requested?
There are ppl applied even before you and still waiting. Nothing, just says in progress ...

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Hi All- Just received my GCMS notes and they are practically useless because the reason why I ordered notes was security and they withheld the whole security section. Location is 'registry' so I guess I have to wait even longer. A very weird thing that I noticed is; after section Associations and Paper File, there is a section called 'History' and under this section a whole page is left blank with wording " Page 27 to 38 are withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the Access to Information Act". Anyone has noticed such wording under 'History' section in GCMS notes ?

Reactions: SNGHL_2013

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Hi All- Just received my GCMS notes and they are practically useless because the reason why I ordered notes was security and they withheld the whole security section. Location is 'registry' so I guess I have to wait even longer. A very weird thing that I noticed is; after section Associations and Paper File, there is a section called 'History' and under this section a whole page is left blank with wording " Page 27 to 38 are withheld pursuant to section 16(2)(c) of the Access to Information Act". Anyone has noticed such wording under 'History' section in GCMS notes ?
Heard that CSIS notes have some information. Haven't applied it personally.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well, the information in the 'Security' section has ALWAYS been redacted.

I hear that ordering the same GCMS notes of your citizenship application from CBSA will show more information but I am not sure. I am on a path to find out and either confirm or deny the claim. I already have my GCMS notes from IRCC. I have ordered GCMS notes from CBSA as well (which I will receive sometime next month). Once I get that, I will compare the two notes and see if the notes from CBSA is less redacted.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Same for me. The most important part of the notes is History but recently with no reason IRCC redact this section completely. They only should redact security related notes not everything. I feel they are pushing people to not to order the notes by making them useless. Please send a complaint to https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/submitting-complaint. We need to follow up and make them know that we understand our rights. This is new and they are blocking access to information. During pr, I always could see the history completely as you can see the actual start/end date and officers notes. Even under the ATIP request you select officer note which is included in history.

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Same for me. The most important part of the notes is History but recently with no reason IRCC redact this section completely. They only should redact security related notes not everything. I feel they are pushing people to not to order the notes by making them useless. Please send a complaint to https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/submitting-complaint. We need to follow up and make them know that we understand our rights. This is new and they are blocking access to information. During pr, I always could see the history completely as you can see the actual start/end date and officers notes. Even under the ATIP request you select officer note which is included in history.
I think Access to Information Act has provisions that organizations use to withhold certain information and then to hide behind these provisions.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I called CIC today and they said my file is transferred to local office in Kitchener earlier this week. Security still pending he said. Does the file transfer mean anything? Chance of getting test invite?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I called CIC today and they said my file is transferred to local office in Kitchener earlier this week. Security still pending he said. Does the file transfer mean anything? Chance of getting test invite?
You likely won't receive a test invite until your Background checks (both criminality and security) are complete.

Reactions: hawat

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
that’s right. Do we know what was special about the very few applicants who got test invitation before BG completion?
They are mostly 2019 applicants and likely are waiting / have sent their second set of fingerprints. At least that was the case in the posts that I have seen here.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I see. Thanks for sharing. They deserve test sooner for sure, it’s sad some 2019 applicants are still waiting
I got my test completed and my file
is with the local office. BG check still in progress. So you might get your test invite with security still in progress.

Reactions: hawat