February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
perkele said:
I was just thinking the same! :'(

I think they're all on vacation!

And I really want CIC to update their processing times. It drives me nuts that it says 11 months on the website for the 1st step, yet it still says that they're processing April 2011, when we know that some people from June last year already got AIP.
I think that the CIC heard my complaints! They updated their website and it now says that they're working on applications received on September 20th, 2011.
:D :D :D

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Haha. Yay!
I hope they send me the damm letter soon! I was reading about some people not getting anything until first stage approval, when they get a letter of approved sponsorship, study/ work permit and undertake for CSQ. I guess since I haven't received the letter from MICC yet that's what might happen.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Yeah, there really is no consistency in the process.

I also noticed that most QC applicants were only receiving the letter later on in the process when they received AIP, just like you mentioned.

Perhaps we could get some of the 2011 QC applicants to join the thread since there doesn't seem to be too many 2012 QC applicants. They could help give us a better idea of how the process is being done.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
perkele said:
Yeah, there really is no consistency in the process.

I also noticed that most QC applicants were only receiving the letter later on in the process when they received AIP, just like you mentioned.

Perhaps we could get some of the 2011 QC applicants to join the thread since there doesn't seem to be too many 2012 QC applicants. They could help give us a better idea of how the process is being done.
Sounds like a good idea.
This is so weird. I mean ... the CIC had our money for more than 11 weeks, and we have no clue where we are in the process. No clue at all. Very frustrating.

Coucou

Aug 2, 2012
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I would like to share my experience with you.

I reside in QC and have applied for PR (inland) under the family class at the beginning of last February.
The application was received on February 2, 2012 and CIC started processing it on May 15, 2012.
I got the confirmation of reception on May 25, 2012 and went on with MICC.
Then I screw up Quebec application since I forgot a signature and this delayed the process by 3 weeks.
Confirmation from MICC is dated July 11, 2012.

Since then nothing has happened. I am expecting the AIP from CIC.
I hope it won't take months. I have read a few other topics where people got their AIP roughly after 1month they had received the CSQ, but it is not a general rule.

I am sure that sharing our experiences will help everyone during this lengthy process and stressful time.
Thank you.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Coucou said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I would like to share my experience with you.

I reside in QC and have applied for PR (inland) under the family class at the beginning of last February.
The application was received on February 2, 2012 and CIC started processing it on May 15, 2012.
I got the confirmation of reception on May 25, 2012 and went on with MICC.
Then I screw up Quebec application since I forgot a signature and this delayed the process by 3 weeks.
Confirmation from MICC is dated July 11, 2012.

Since then nothing has happened. I am expecting the AIP from CIC.
I hope it won't take months. I have read a few other topics where people got their AIP roughly after 1month they had received the CSQ, but it is not a general rule.

I am sure that sharing our experiences will help everyone during this lengthy process and stressful time.
Thank you.
Hi and welcome :)

Did you receive an invite to undertake your application with MICC or you simply went there after receiving an acknowledgement from CIC? Was it a letter or email?

Thanks.

Coucou

Aug 2, 2012
Hi Mdna,

I got a letter from CIC and it was explanatory.
I found MICC more efficient than CIC. They processed and returned my application within 3 weeks.

Cheers

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
31-08-2012/Oct 13, 2012 on ecas
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi im happy i found this thread, my husband is the sponsor, here's my situation:
nov 27, 2011: sent application to vegreville, medical not included,
jan 30, 2012: CPC-vegrevilla started processing
feb 04: an email confirmation received
march 20: a letter received for confirmation and instruction to submit undertaking and CSQ to MICC
may 05: received approval of undertaking and CSQ, after that still waiting for the letter from vegreville on what to do next

I was under work permit before, whan i got pregnant I was not able to go back to work, so I filed for a visit permit, while taking care of our daughter and waiting for the processing of my sponsorship. My only concern after reading some threads was, I was not able to have my medical exam done and did not include in my application package. I know it's a mistake but I am hoping this won't matter. Because I was confused on the instruction regarding this, as I read that the medical will be requested later on... :-(, I'm just new on this forum and I read so much useful information, I wish I knew about this before we submit our application. God bless to all of us :)
B

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
I just received my study permit on the mail today- even if we haven't received anything to undertake the application with MICC. I'm so confused... I thought study permit only after AIP?

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
mdna said:
I just received my study permit on the mail today- even if we haven't received anything to undertake the application with MICC. I'm so confused... I thought study permit only after AIP?
hi, i just want to know how did you do it? i mean what are the steps and requirements you did to apply for your study permit? I was planning to apply for one so I could study french formally while waiting for my sponsorship. I went to ask if I could enrol for a french class, but they told me I have to have a study permit together with my CSQ. Thanks :)

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
mdna said:
Similar to how there are inland and outland applications for permanent residency, you can apply for a study permit from inside or outside Canada (but you can only apply from inside Canada if you have AIP). Where are you planning to study?

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
may i know what AIP means? i am planning to go to centre paulin-juliene at cote-de neiges. They told me there, taht QSC is not enough I have to apply for study permit and I am confused on what to do. MAny thanks to you :)

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
lyn28 said:
may i know what AIP means? i am planning to go to centre paulin-juliene at cote-de neiges. They told me there, taht QSC is not enough I have to apply for study permit and I am confused on what to do. MAny thanks to you :)
Sure, sorry! AIP = approval in principle. It's what they call it when stage one of the inland sponsorship application is approved. Stage two is when they do the background check and process the medical exams, so unless people have problems with those, chances of the application being refused are pretty low. Receiving AIP is also a pretty big step in the direction of having the same benefits as a permanent resident... in Quebec you can apply for the health care card, apply for an open work permit, and pay resident tuition fees at CEGEPs and universities. The big things missing are a social insurance number, driver's license, and the right to go home and visit our families (and be able to come back). Hopefully everyone here will get theirs soon enough...mine took about 11 months.

lyn28

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-02-2012
Med's Request
31-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
06-12-2012
LANDED..........
06-12-2012
hi Azsereth, thank you, cic started procesing my application on january 30, 2012, got my CSQ already, so i will be expecting to receive AIP by december... fingers crossed! will let you know ;-)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
QUEBEC INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Cocou FEB 2 MAY 25 MAY 15 JULY 11
perkele FEB 15 MAY 31 MAY 30 JUN 20
mdna MAR 10 JUN 26 JUN 26
sommer MAR 28
chickadee May 16*
kidvicious1 JUN 13*

* still waiting for AOR

END OF 2011 INLAND APPLICATIONS (To give us a better idea of the timeline)

Name App Sent App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made Time for AIP PR/LANDED

lyn28 NOV 27, 2011 FEB 4 MAR 4 MAY 5