App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
CHART HAS BEEN UPDATED!! :D

Please let me know if it is accurate. Thank you!

M
Thanks mdna for updating the chart.

And, welcome to all the new members!

Best of luck to everyone! ;)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
perkele said:
Thanks mdna for updating the chart.

And, welcome to all the new members!

Best of luck to everyone! ;)
Naomi,

Did you see I receive a study permit I sent along my application for PR in March? It's so weird how they already gave me a permit, but yet have not formally notified me if the sponsorship has been approved. I thought you only receive work/ study permit after AIP. I no longer know what timeline to follow.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
And from what I've read, if I have a valid study permit and CSQ I can pay resident fees, so I am now more than looking forward to receiving the CSQ. Maybe I should call MICC and ask if I can just send the application without the letter from CIC? Did you find the post where the person said they were able to?

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Azsereth said:
Sure, sorry! AIP = approval in principle. It's what they call it when stage one of the inland sponsorship application is approved. Stage two is when they do the background check and process the medical exams, so unless people have problems with those, chances of the application being refused are pretty low. Receiving AIP is also a pretty big step in the direction of having the same benefits as a permanent resident... in Quebec you can apply for the health care card, apply for an open work permit, and pay resident tuition fees at CEGEPs and universities. The big things missing are a social insurance number, driver's license, and the right to go home and visit our families (and be able to come back). Hopefully everyone here will get theirs soon enough...mine took about 11 months.
You can still get a driver's license without AIP. In fact I just passed my driving test last month :)

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
Naomi,

Did you see I receive a study permit I sent along my application for PR in March? It's so weird how they already gave me a permit, but yet have not formally notified me if the sponsorship has been approved. I thought you only receive work/ study permit after AIP. I no longer know what timeline to follow.
Oh congratulations!

That is a little strange. I also thought that permits came at the same time as AIP.

Did you send the study permit along with PR application or was it a separate application?
Did you actually apply for a study permit with a CAQ and all or did you apply to extend your stay/change your status? Because if you applied for a regular study permit, I don't think that AIP has anything to do with it. For instance, my boyfriend needed his work permit ASAP rather than waiting for AIP/implied status, so he got his work to do an LMO and got a CAQ, so now we're just waiting for the a new work permit which he should receive in the next few weeks regardless of AIP. (He needs to travel in October for work even though it's an inland application, so we're trying to get as many things sorted out..)

As for the resident fees, I think that the CSQ is not enough and that you need AIP just like with RAMQ. And once again, I would definitely call CIC and ask if you could start sending them the undertaking and CSQ application with the AOR email. You never know, they might say yes :)

And yeah, there's doesn't seem to be much of a "timeline". It kind of seems that every application is being thrown in a hat and CIC randomly picks who the lucky winners are and sends them random bits and pieces.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
perkele said:
Oh congratulations!
-Thank you! :)
Did you send the study permit along with PR application or was it a separate application?
-Yes, I sent on the same envelop as instructed by CIC.
Did you actually apply for a study permit with a CAQ and all or did you apply to extend your stay/change your status?
-I applied for an extension for study permit (I had a valid CAQ). I think at the end they deiced to give me the extension without any relation with my PR, which is weird because on the email they sent me about implied status (the school on requesting a confirmation from CIC), they mentioned that I would not hear back from them until AIP and that could take up to a year.
"Depending under which immigration program you apply, you could apply for an extension of your status as a visitor, student or worker, while applying for your permanent resident status. If you choose this option, complete both an application to extend your status and an application for permanent residence and mail them before your current status expires. Be sure to include both applications and all the necessary supporting documents and payment for each application in the same envelope.
If you stay in Canada during the processing of your application, you will only have to extend your status once because this option will allow you to keep a legal status in Canada up until the time your application for permanent residence is *approved in principle. If your status expires before your application for permanent residence is approved in principle, you will still have a legal status in Canada. This is known as implied status."

*Approved in principle means that you received a letter from the Case Processing Centre or the local office stating that you are eligible to apply for permanent resident status but that a final decision will not be made until all requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background verifications for you and, if applicable, your family members.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
-Yes, I sent on the same envelop as instructed by CIC.
Did you actually apply for a study permit with a CAQ and all or did you apply to extend your stay/change your status?
-I applied for an extension for study permit (I had a valid CAQ). I think at the end they deiced to give me the extension without any relation with my PR, which is weird because on the email they sent me about implied status (the school on requesting a confirmation from CIC), they mentioned that I would not hear back from them until AIP and that could take up to a year.
Yeah that's what I was under the impression, that no communication would be made until AIP, but then again, their process is completely different for everyone.

I agree. I also think that they just gave you an extension regardless of the PR application. It's probably best not to over think every step they do since there's no consistency.

That said, hopefully we'll defy the odds and get a faster process :D

TH78

Aug 7, 2012
Hey everyone,

I'm new here..
I read a lot of useful information on this forum and I would like to join your group :)

I have applied Inland from Quebec for permanent residency through my spouse.
I sent my application on 17/07/2012 and was received at Vegreville on 19/07/2012.

No confirmation from CIC yet but I know I have to be patient.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Welcome once again,

Here's is the updated chart

QUEBEC INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Coucou FEB 2 MAY 25 MAY 15 JULY 11
perkele FEB 15 MAY 31 MAY 30 JUN 20
mdna MAR 10 JUN 26 JUN 26
sommer MAR 28
chickadee May 16*
kidvicious1 JUN 13*
TH78 JULY 19

* still waiting for AOR

END OF 2011 INLAND APPLICATIONS (To give us a better idea of the timeline)

Name App Sent App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made Time for AIP PR/LANDED

lyn28 NOV 27, 2011 FEB 4 JAN 30 MAY 5

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
And from what I've read, if I have a valid study permit and CSQ I can pay resident fees, so I am now more than looking forward to receiving the CSQ. Maybe I should call MICC and ask if I can just send the application without the letter from CIC? Did you find the post where the person said they were able to?
Hey,

I've been trying to find that post that I was telling you about but I've had no luck so far.
So, once again, call them and ask and if they say that the email is enough, make sure to call again and get a different agent to confirm that, just to be on the safe side.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Ok, so I still haven't found that posting and frankly, I doubt I ever will. However, I found a thread from last year that is kind of similar to what we were wondering. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t86663.0.html

There's only two issues that I'm having with it. The first is that the thread was created by outland members so I'm not sure if the same can be applied in your case. And the second thing is that it mentions "approval" letter/email rather than just an acknowledgement email/letter. So I'm not sure if the AOR email would be enough. I actually noticed that too when reading the MICC website. I don't know if you speak French, but if you do, notice that in French it states to include "une copie de la lettre ou du courriel reçu de Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada confirmant que votre demande de parrainage est recevable". The word "recevable" can be translated to "admissible" in English, however if you look at the checklist on the English MICC site it specifically says "a copy of the letter or email received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada confirming that your sponsorship application is approved". This wouldn't be the first inconsistent thing I notice but I just thought I should point it out anyway.

That said, the letter I received by the post was not the same as the AOR email. The letter actually gave out a set of instructions of what to do. So depending on which wording you choose to follow. The French checklist seems to imply that the AOR email is enough since it shows that your application was received and was admissible since no further documents were requested at that stage. On the other hand, if you follow the English checklist, your application would actually have to be accepted in order for you to proceed with the MICC. Confusing no? Anyway, once again, I would suggest to call them or to simply wait for a mailed letter if you're patient enough. ;)

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
mdna said:
As far as I know, you need first stage approval and a CSQ. If you check out http://www.mels.gouv.qc.ca/sections/publications/publications/BSM/Aff_internationales_canadiennes/Politique_etudiant_etranger-2008.pdf on page 12 at the top, it says:

Toute personne qui, au sens de la Loi sur l’immigration et la protection des réfugiés (L.C., ch. 27), est autorisée à déposer au Canada une demande de résidence permanente et est titulaire d’un certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) délivré en vertu de la Loi sur l’immigration du Québec (article 3.1) [425-E].

It basically says that if you are authorized to submit a permanent residency application (ie if you have AIP) and are the owner of a CSQ, you are exempt from the international fees.

You can also look at appendix 028 v19, article 5 e) of the budgetary and financial regime for CEGEP level private establishments http://www.mels.gouv.qc.ca/ens-sup/ens-coll/reg-pri-index.asp This page is specifically for colleges, but it applies to universities as well. http://registrar.concordia.ca/InternationalFee/ is an example of it mentioned on a university web site (and it's in English).

Azsereth

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
20-06-2011
mdna said:
You can still get a driver's license without AIP. In fact I just passed my driving test last month :)
Interesting! I had heard the driver's license thing on another thread...I think someone was told by the SAAQ (is that the correct agency?) that they couldn't until they became a PR.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Azsereth said:
As far as I know, you need first stage approval and a CSQ. If you check out http://www.mels.gouv.qc.ca/sections/publications/publications/BSM/Aff_internationales_canadiennes/Politique_etudiant_etranger-2008.pdf on page 12 at the top, it says:

Toute personne qui, au sens de la Loi sur l'immigration et la protection des réfugiés (L.C., ch. 27), est autorisée à déposer au Canada une demande de résidence permanente et est titulaire d'un certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) délivré en vertu de la Loi sur l'immigration du Québec (article 3.1) [425-E].

It basically says that if you are authorized to submit a permanent residency application (ie if you have AIP) and are the owner of a CSQ, you are exempt from the international fees.

You can also look at appendix 028 v19, article 5 e) of the budgetary and financial regime for CEGEP level private establishments http://www.mels.gouv.qc.ca/ens-sup/ens-coll/reg-pri-index.asp This page is specifically for colleges, but it applies to universities as well. http://registrar.concordia.ca/InternationalFee/ is an example of it mentioned on a university web site (and it's in English).
Thank you, Azsereth!