Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
I just got a letter from CIC saying my application is in process but they are asking some evidents about my previous working history.
They sent me a form to fill out. I am planning to send the form and copies of my previous job contracts as well as recommendation letters.. Do you think its too much or not enough? any other idea what might be needed to send regarding this previous working history?

Is anyone got asked for the same thing?

Thank you and have a good day :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
sommer said:
I just got a letter from CIC saying my application is in process but they are asking some evidents about my previous working history.
They sent me a form to fill out. I am planning to send the form and copies of my previous job contracts as well as recommendation letters.. Do you think its too much or not enough? any other idea what might be needed to send regarding this previous working history?

It's nice to see that they're already going through your application! :) And yay for receiving AOR!
As for work history I am not aware of that. What do they ask you in the forms? Do they want more specific details on your previous jobs or proof that you've worked? Maybe you should look into other postings, but I think that if you fill it out and show them evidence (if that's what they want) you should be fine I'd think.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Can you also tell me when exactly did you receive the letter and when your application started being processed so I can post it on the chart? Thank you.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
sommer said:

Hey,

Good to hear that your application is being processed.

I'm curious about this form. Is it one the forms that we needed to fill when the application was sent out? (If you don't mind, could you let us know what the title of the form is and/or the number, i.e. IMM5669)

Are they asking for more information with regard to a specific employment or is it just to reiterate what you previously said.

I don't know if you need to send them recommendation letters and previous contracts, I think the form should suffice.

What I'm thinking is that you must have forgotten to account for a time period when listing previous employment and they just want to know what it was that you were doing at that period. I'm not 100% sure that that's your case since I have not read the letter, nor have I seen your application, but it sounds similar to what happened to my boyfriend about a year ago with a working holiday application where it asked him for his employment in the past 10 years and he omitted a 2-month gap. At which point, they weren't so kind as to send a form but rather, they returned the whole application...

Anyway, like I said, it could be a different situation in your case so I'm not sure, but just follow whatever instructions the letter tells you and you should be fine. :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
it's true what they said about the process not being the same for everyone. we sent our applications a few weeks apart and you've received the letter from micc and csq a while ago and i haven't even received NOT even a letter... just AOR through email... argghhhh. i can't even anticipate.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
mdna said:
it's true what they said about the process not being the same for everyone. we sent our applications a few weeks apart and you've received the letter from micc and csq a while ago and i haven't even received NOT even a letter... just AOR through email... argghhhh. i can't even anticipate.
Well ... you got more than we did. We filed in May and have received nothing. nada, zilch. :'(

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Chickadee said:
Well ... you got more than we did. We filed in May and have received nothing. nada, zilch. :'(
Patience Chickadee, patience.
It took us both 3.5 months before we heard anything and like you said, you only submitted it in May!
;)

@ Mdna: Yeah, a little consistency would be really nice to make this process a little less stressful!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Thanks, Perkele. :)

I will be patient. ???

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Yeah I know that it's definitely easier said than done.
That said, I still check ecas on a daily basis even though I know that I most likely shouldn't hear from them until January...

mv709d

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Hi guys

I have a question again this goes also for those people who's in Quebec, husband says he can't pay the fee online and just fill out the form with his credit card info and send it in, is that really how it goes? Its not the same as the CIC that we can pay right there and then online? I'll be waiting for your replies thanks!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mv709d said:
Hi guys

I have a question again this goes also for those people who's in Quebec, husband says he can't pay the fee online and just fill out the form with his credit card info and send it in, is that really how it goes? Its not the same as the CIC that we can pay right there and then online? I'll be waiting for your replies thanks!
Hi,

I'm not sure what you're talking about but if you're referring to the undertaking application to the MICC, then yes, you are correct, it cannot be done online. You must simply fill out the form with your card information and when they receive it, they will process it and charge your account. There are other options too such as certified check and so on, but unfortunately online is not an option. If you're interested in the other forms of payment follow this link: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/fees-required.html

Hope that helps.

By the way, has your application been sent inland or outland? If inland, if you could provide your timeline, we can add you to the "Inland Quebec Application chart" that mdna created.

Anyway, good luck!

mv709d

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
perkele said:
Hi,

I'm not sure what you're talking about but if you're referring to the undertaking application to the MICC, then yes, you are correct, it cannot be done online. You must simply fill out the form with your card information and when they receive it, they will process it and charge your account. There are other options too such as certified check and so on, but unfortunately online is not an option. If you're interested in the other forms of payment follow this link: http://ww.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/fees-required.html

Hope that helps.

By the way, has your application been sent inland or outland? If inland, if you could provide your timeline, we can add you to the "Inland Quebec Application chart" that mdna created.

Anyway, good luck!

Hi thanks for the reply appreciated it so muc! Anyway I have abother question, I'm the sponsored person and my husband who's the Canadian Citizen is the applicant for this MICC application forms right? I'm pertaining about the signature, I'm explaining to him, I don't know if I understood it correctly, he is applying to sponsor me and Quebec will assess him if he is capalble that's why in this form he is the applicant right? And since we don't have kids for my family members accompanaying to Quebec and not its N/A because we don't have any kids. I'll be waiting for your response again guys, btw this is "outland" process :)

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mv709d said:
Hi thanks for the reply appreciated it so muc! Anyway I have abother question, I'm the sponsored person and my husband who's the Canadian Citizen is the applicant for this MICC application forms right? I'm pertaining about the signature, I'm explaining to him, I don't know if I understood it correctly, he is applying to sponsor me and Quebec will assess him if he is capalble that's why in this form he is the applicant right? And since we don't have kids for my family members accompanaying to Quebec and not its N/A because we don't have any kids. I'll be waiting for your response again guys, btw this is "outland" process :)
It depends on the form.
If it's the undertaking, then yes he is the one signing the agreement; if it's the CSQ application, then it is you, the sponsored person, that has to sign since you are asking for a CSQ, etc.
Unfortunately, unless you're more specific about which forms you're having issues with, I can't really help you out. In the meantime, you really should check the guides. If I remember correctly there is a guide for the sponsor and one for the sponsored person, both posted on the MICC website.

Good luck!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
Any news from anybody? ??? ??? ???

Seems that things are really quiet! 8)

Let's hope they get moving in August. :p

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
I was just thinking the same! :'(

I think they're all on vacation!

And I really want CIC to update their processing times. It drives me nuts that it says 11 months on the website for the 1st step, yet it still says that they're processing April 2011, when we know that some people from June last year already got AIP.