+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
perkele said:
Yeah my ecas doesn't say much either.

Sponsorship Application Status:

We received your application to sponsor XXX on February 15, 2012.

We started processing your application on May 30, 2012.

Permanent Residence Application Status

We received XXX's application for permanent residence on February 15, 2012.

It doesn't even mention anything about the medical exam or the CSQ and undertaking. I'm guessing that yours must be the same as mine?

For the police certificate, did you do from your native country and Canada or only your homeland? My boyfriend didn't get one from the RCMP because we had read that it wasn't necessary and that they could do it themselves if they required it. However, I read some posts where people said that they did it anyway and I'm starting to wonder if we should have done it...
my ecas is exactly like yours. and no, i didn't send the RCMP certificates... i also read it wasn't necessary, and that rarely they'd ask for it... if they do, i'll just go to a private company to get my fingerprints taken digitally, and according to the RCMP website it takes just a few days to get the certificate that way.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Yeah I wasn't worried about how long the RCMP would take. I was more concerned with how long it would take the CIC to continue the processing. I can just imagine them putting the file on hold and forgetting about it or something...

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
about extension for medical exams

"There's a new procedure that will allow medical validity to be extended if your application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results (or ability to reasonably land within the initial year-long validity).

Officers will now be able to submit a request for an extension of the medical exam result validity (as long as they were done within the last 15 months) and they can extend them for an additional 12 months without the need for an additional medical exam. The details are on the CIC website.

Hopefully this saves folks time and expense of extra medical exams."

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-validity-extension-for-additional-12-months-new-cic-bulletin-t106229.0.html

@perkele... good news!! :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
QUEBEC INLAND APPLICATIONS SENT IN 2012 CHART

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ AIP Decision Made Time for AIP PR/LANDED

perkele FEB 15 MAY 31 MAY 30 JUN 20
mdna MAR 10 JUN 26 JUN 26
sommer MAR 28
chickadee ?

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
about extension for medical exams

"There's a new procedure that will allow medical validity to be extended if your application processing is completed within 15 months of the original medical exam and the only thing stopping your application from final approved and PPR is the expiration of your medical results (or ability to reasonably land within the initial year-long validity).

Officers will now be able to submit a request for an extension of the medical exam result validity (as long as they were done within the last 15 months) and they can extend them for an additional 12 months without the need for an additional medical exam. The details are on the CIC website.

Hopefully this saves folks time and expense of extra medical exams."

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-exam-validity-extension-for-additional-12-months-new-cic-bulletin-t106229.0.html

@ perkele... good news!! :)
Thanks for the info, that's great to hear :)
Now, we just need to find out if it matters that the medical was originally done for an outland application but sent for an inland instead. (I can't really remember but I think the forms were different... Obviously, I'm sure that the medical is essentially the same...)

Thanks again!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ Decision Made Approval In Principle (AIP) Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Thanks for the chart.
Now we just need more people to fill it :)
Seriously, we can't be the only two people on the forum with inland Quebec applications.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
i know, right? but like you i never created a profile... i always watched topics but for some reason took me a long time to create one myself... it actually helps to pass the time :)
and i'm still waiting for the damm AOR letter... i should have received it today already if they started processing our application on june 26...

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Hopefully we'll encourage others to create accounts so that we can all have an idea of what's going on and how long things are taking. (and pass time of course, :))

As for the letter, I'm sure that you'll be getting it in no time. Keep in mind that since there has been the Canada day holiday so that could have delayed things by a day... and it's also summer, so I wouldn't be surprised that more staff are on vacation.

sommer

Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 March 2012
mdna said:

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ Decision Made Approval In Principle (AIP) Time for AIP PR/LANDED

Can I join. I apply from Quebec as well.. My app was received 28th of March 2012... no news since then...

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
sommer said:
Can I join. I apply from Quebec as well.. My app was received 28th of March 2012... no news since then...
Of course, you can!
The more we are, the more we have an idea of how things are being processed :)

mdna said:

Name App Received AOR In Process MICC & CSQ Approval In Principle (AIP) Time for AIP Decision Made PR/LANDED

sommer MAR 28
@ mdna: Hey, I hope you don't mind that I did the update. (I also moved "Decision Made" because it comes after AIP) and yay! We're now 3 :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
of course i don't mind! it's awesome that you're recruiting people :) feel free to add anybody. let's get more people here and talk about our applications! ;D

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
sommer said:
welcome and good luck! :)
let us know as soon you hear from CIC and MICC!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
of course i don't mind! it's awesome that you're recruiting people :) feel free to add anybody. let's get more people here and talk about our applications! ;D
:D
Great! Now, I just need to find someone who applied before me (even maybe December 2011) that way I can have an estimate for myself as well.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
I would love to join if I may.

I am a Canadian Citizen, sponsoring my American husband.
We filed inland, on May 16th. We sent the application to Vegreville.
We are settled in Montreal, where we plan to live permanently.

We received no confirmations or emails from CIC yet.

Good luck to everyone!