+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

luisluis

Feb 6, 2016
Hi all,

Can I start a full-time french course, at Quebec Inmigration, before applying inland for permanent residence? What about just after?
I'm trying to save time before obtaining the open work permit.

I assume I qualify as "Person authorized to submit on-site in Canada an application for permanent residence". Being married to a Canadian, I'm legally allowed to apply. But I don't have any "federal immigration document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada" neither Social Insurance Number (SIN).

After applying, I was able to download a PDF where I was asked to send Visitor Record, code 17. But the step 1 at form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca said I could have such document Or "You are authorized to submit on site an application for permanent residence."

I looked at the SIN application procedure, at it seems to require in my case the "Visitor record issued by CIC, indicating you are authorized to work in Canada".

I think my case shouldn't be so unique: 1) married to Canadian 2) applying inland.

Can someone in my case apply for the french course?
I guess it should be possible. Accepting submissions of people like me improve the integration of newcomers, and help the economy to make use of the abilities sooner.

What can I do?

cheers!

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
luisluis said:
Can I start a full-time french course, at Quebec Inmigration, before applying inland for permanent residence? What about just after?
I'm trying to save time before obtaining the open work permit.
I think the short answer is that, no, you can't. In my case, my "de facto spouse" (common law partner under federal law, which is treated the same as a married spouse) applied outland, but I don't think it makes much difference. I tried several times to find a loophole that would permit him to apply for full-time French before he got PR, but they are looking for that PR form when you register. The other thing they talk about is a Visitor Record with a code 17 (which is the one that permits you to work). My spouse had a VR with a code 10 (visit only), so that would work in my case.

They will certainly need a SIN from you if you are getting the allowance and travel subsidies or day-care subsidies. Unless you have a work permit, you will not have a SIN. Temporary work permits have temporary SIN (identifiable by the number). Once you have PR you get a permanent SIN.

So, "You are authorized to submit on site an application for permanent residence" means that you must have a current work permit AND be eligible to submit on site an application for permanent residence. If you were a temporary foreign worker, that wouldn't be true in most cases, and you could not register for French classes.

grvsngh

Sep 29, 2014
Hi All,
I have been a silent follower of this thread and as an inland PR applicant through Quebec skilled worker program, I found very useful information here. Especially when I was waiting- it helped me in being patient with the process.

So as a thank you gesture, I am sgaring my details on case it is helpful to anyone. Please feel free to ask any followup questions!

Category- Inland QSWP
Timelines:
QSW online application submitted: 22 May 2016
Request for documents: Aug 22, 2016
Docs Submitted: Sep 09, 2016
CSQ granted: Sep 15, 2016

Federal Stage:
Application submitted: Feb 27, 2017
(I lost my CSQs so had to request duplicates)
AOR: March 20, 207

Medicals: Dec 2016 and Submitted upfront
Request for new medicals: Dec 19, 2017
Request for RCMP fingerprints: Dec 05, 2017
(I was in India at the time but found an authorised agent in Delhi who could capture fingerprints and get report in 20-25 days. Cost Rs 14,000 or CAD 150)

IP to NA during this stage

Medicals conducted: Dec 22, 2017
RCMP uploaded: Jan 20, 2018

IP2 on Feb 27, 2018

Ordered GSM Notes: April 09, 2018
GSM notea received: May 02, 2018
(Said Medical, Criminaloty passed, but Background/ Security check as 'NOT STARTED')

Received Letter for Pre-landing interview (On email): May 10, 2018
Landing in Montreal & CoPR: May 14, 2018

Total time taken: 24 months (2 years m8nus 7 days)
CSQ time taken: 4.5 months
Federal time taken: 14.5 months

Key Learnings:
-Take Medicals just as close to submitting your Federal application. I took it about 3 months before and had to spend money again since it expires in one year)
- GSM notes- I think it helped give that final push

Thanks and all the best!

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Could anyone share how it is possible for an inland spouse to get Medicare before landing? In some guides it is written that the spouse is eligible for Medicare as soon as CSQ is obtained.