+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
MaxLet said:
Hey!! :) Good for you getting finally that letter! :) Now you have to wait for CSQ...normally takes an average of two months maximun to get it! They will send CSQ by snail mail. They send two copies: One for you (Keep it in a safe place as this will be need to do Quebec gouvernement related stuff ie. health inssurance). The other one says Immigration on the bottom, you can send it back to CIC Mississauga next to a letter containing your UCI and File number. Some people say that Quebec communicates with CIC internally so no need to send this...but i sent it anyway, just to follow the rules.
If everything is OK with your file. CIC will send you an AIP letter (approuval in principle) with this letter plus your csq, you can go RAMQ (Quebec health inssurance) and request coverage. After receiving AIP you are also allow to present an application for Open Work Permit. Which will allow you to work while you wait for total PR.

Once you get AIP + CSQ in hand, getting RAMQ coverage is easy...! but there's a carence period of 3 months, from the date you register, you will only be able to start using the service in 3 months. ie i applied on january and will be able to use my ramq april 1st :D (tuesday!!)
If at that point you need help, let us know!

For french classes, i didnt took them as I learned french at school back home, but @ QuebecOkie did! so, send her a message :) she can help you with that, but if im not wrong, you need the same formula (aip+csq)

Good Luck and God bless! :)
Thank you both of you! (Sorry for the delay... I've been busy...) I'm searching around the schools now. Although Quebec just got my forms... It's nice to do the research anyway! I will update you guys when I hear from Quebec or Canada!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Hi guys!
Just to let you know... MY LANDING LETTER IS HERE! :) (well, not the letter with the date, but the weird letter that only Quebec applicants received :p) So yeah! :) Really close to the end!!!
Have a few questions, thought, and I dont know who can I address them to..!

Since the beginning of my process, CIC has treated me with my married name (which appear in my country's national ID and Driver's license).
I didnt updated my passport cuz it will take at least a month and i didnt wanted to delay the process... They ignored my passport, and treat me by the name on my national id.

Its LAW in my country that your national ID dictates everything, so next time ill update my passport, even if i dont ask for, they will change my name to my married one. So, passport depends on national id for info.

Quebec sends a letter before the landing letter (the one I received today) which contains your info and you are required to check it and send it back with your photos, receipt for 490$ and passport copy.

I called CIC on this mattr and the agent told me to return the paper to montreal, with not only a copy of my passport but also a copy of my national ID explaining the situation. Giving that my married name is only and adition to my maiden name (instead of having 2 last names, I have now three) it wil lbe no complicated for Montreal to understand it.

I have planned to back it up with a page of the consulate of my country which states that passport goes by the National ID name, and that as soon as I get COPR i will update my passport.

Anyone has an idea? or something?

Im so close to the end! im soooo soooo happy :)
Thanks for accompanying me in this hard path...

Good luck and God bless!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congrats! I can't advise you on the name thing. I've got name issues of my own. CIC used my maiden last name, as I didn't have time to change my passport before the move. Everything but my passport is in my (LEGAL) married name. However, my PR card is in my maiden name, as it was the name on my passport. I did manage to get all of my names (my first name, which I don't use, my middle name - Megan, which is the name I use, my maiden last name, and my married last name) on my Québec drivers license, so at least I can explain why I'm Mary (first name) Axxx (maiden last name) on my carte de soleil and Megan (middle name that I use exclusively) Bxxx (married last name) on my bank account. Haha, I'm two completely different people!

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
Finally decision made,but it seems unclear.

“A decision has been made on XX application. The office will contact XX concerning this decision”

Which office?The office in Montreal?

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congrats! You should get a letter in the mail. I *think* it came from Montreal. (Montreal is the only "local" office in Québec.) I'm not sure it's always done this way, but many of us received a letter (via Canada Post, not electronic) asking us to verify information on a form, then return the form, proof of RPRF payment, and two PR photos to the Montreal office. After that, you will get another letter from Montreal with your landing date, or possibly (if you live far from Montreal, and if a traveling office will be going to your area any time in the near future), a call to confirm your availability for a date and time before you get another snail-mail letter. (I live 5 hours from Montreal, and they called me to confirm my availability for a landing appointment in my area with a "traveling" CIC office. I then got a letter in the mail to confirm.)

Hope that helps, and HOORAY for finally being near the end of the process!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
QuebecOkie said:
Congrats! You should get a letter in the mail. I *think* it came from Montreal. (Montreal is the only "local" office in Québec.) I'm not sure it's always done this way, but many of us received a letter (via Canada Post, not electronic) asking us to verify information on a form, then return the form, proof of RPRF payment, and two PR photos to the Montreal office. After that, you will get another letter from Montreal with your landing date, or possibly (if you live far from Montreal, and if a traveling office will be going to your area any time in the near future), a call to confirm your availability for a date and time before you get another snail-mail letter. (I live 5 hours from Montreal, and they called me to confirm my availability for a landing appointment in my area with a "traveling" CIC office. I then got a letter in the mail to confirm.)

I agree with QuebecOkie but by the way you wrote:
esthersun said:
Finally decision made,but it seems unclear.

“A decision has been made on XX application. The office will contact XX concerning this decision”

Which office?The office in Montreal?
I must assume that you are seeing this in your e-cas and you havent yet received your DM letter. If CIC has been contacting you by email, then they will send DM letter by email. Otherwise, wait for the snail-mail. In the DM letter they will tell you which local office is yours (QuebecOkie is right, tought, Montreal is the only local office in Quebec!) and after the DM letter, you have to wait for another letter from the Local Office to confirm your info, youll have to send it back and then wait for your landing date letter.
Thats where I am now... got DM letter 2 months ago... still waiting for Montreal to give me a date.. :(

Good luck, God bless

esthersun

Apr 17, 2012
QuebecOkie said:

Thank you QuebecOkie and MaxLet. I received the letter indicating that Montreal office will contact us. I hope we can get landed soon. Best wishes to Maxlet too.

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Hi guys! It's been awhile! I'm still waiting for out CSQ to arrive. We sent it in early April but we made a mistake with payment and our file got returned. We resent it again before Easter and now we are still waiting.

I have a question. We are September applicant and I didn't do my medical. One of my friend told me her partner's medical got expired because CIC didn't open up the file early enough. After I receive my CSQ, should I get my medical done? Some people get AIP and DM at the same time right? Any thoughts?

I'm getting so inpatient with slow slow process... I hope they will move faster within few weeks!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I didn't do my medical up front or include my police certificate. This wasn't a decision I made, I simply somehow managed to miss that part of the checklist and didn't realize I needed to include them (I'm a relatively smart human...until I start looking at CIC's paperwork, then my IQ drops by about 40 points).

I called the CIC Call Centre to ask whether I could/should do the medical before they requested it. They advised me to wait for CIC's request. I asked for advice on this forum. No one could tell me for sure which would be best, waiting for CIC's request or doing the medical and sending in the police certificate before they asked for it.

I made the decision to do the medical and request the police certificate before CIC asked me for them. It was a risk in that the medical isn't cheap, and there was a possibility that CIC would not correctly match the documents up with my file, since I didn't wait for them to request them.

This worked out well for me, as I am one of the people who received AIP and DM on the same day. This is not super-common, from what I have seen, and seems to happen when the wait for AIP has been extended for longer than usual (not a rule at ALL, just the tendency I've noticed).

It's up to you. It may be even more complicated now with most doctor's offices using the emedical system (my doc two years ago hadn't switched to emedical yet). I confused the h3ll out of my doctor. "So you already sent your app? I thought you wanted an up-front medical exam? You haven't received the request from CIC? You're doing this wrong, you know. I can't be held responsible if your results aren't matched up with your file, because you're not following the process."

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
QuebecOkie said:
I didn't do my medical up front or include my police certificate. This wasn't a decision I made, I simply somehow managed to miss that part of the checklist and didn't realize I needed to include them (I'm a relatively smart human...until I start looking at CIC's paperwork, then my IQ drops by about 40 points).

I called the CIC Call Centre to ask whether I could/should do the medical before they requested it. They advised me to wait for CIC's request. I asked for advice on this forum. No one could tell me for sure which would be best, waiting for CIC's request or doing the medical and sending in the police certificate before they asked for it.

I made the decision to do the medical and request the police certificate before CIC asked me for them. It was a risk in that the medical isn't cheap, and there was a possibility that CIC would not correctly match the documents up with my file, since I didn't wait for them to request them.

This worked out well for me, as I am one of the people who received AIP and DM on the same day. This is not super-common, from what I have seen, and seems to happen when the wait for AIP has been extended for longer than usual (not a rule at ALL, just the tendency I've noticed).

It's up to you. It may be even more complicated now with most doctor's offices using the emedical system (my doc two years ago hadn't switched to emedical yet). I confused the h3ll out of my doctor. "So you already sent your app? I thought you wanted an up-front medical exam? You haven't received the request from CIC? You're doing this wrong, you know. I can't be held responsible if your results aren't matched up with your file, because you're not following the process."
Thank you for replying me so quickly. Umm... I did include my police cert but I didn't for medical exam. I might call a clinic to know what their opinion is :) Certainly don't want to waist 300$ something for medical. Meanwhile, I Hope my CSQ comes sooner!

Thank you again!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Well, just to tell you my own experience. (it doesnt mean it will be the same for you but maybe if we keep our fingers crossed! :D)
I did include POL CERT from my country in the original package, but no CRP fingerprints or medicals.
I got AIP in Jan 7th, and with my AIP it came the request to do medicals and CRP fingerprints.
I was lucky enough to get a medical apointement on Jan 9th and CRP appointement on Jan 10th.

CIC acknowledge the receipt of my medicals on Jan 15th (by ecas, the agent in charge of update info to my ecas has proof to be really eficient)
And I got DM on feb 28th (only 52 days after aip)
So i honestly dont think that it highly delays the process... at least not in my situation. Everycase is different. But maybe youll be lucky :)

BTW! Ill be landing on May 15th (YEY!!!!) but not at the St-Antoine street building where I was supposed to. It will be in Rene-Levesque street. Plus, my landing letter says that CANADA SERVICES will be there in case i wanna have my SIN number right away :D

So... counting days! :) soooooo happy!!!
Thanks @QuebecOkie and @Tomorisu, for all your help in this long road.

btw, QuebecOkie, i was able to get all my documents in my married name :) (RAMQ included!) i had to argue a bit and ofcourse update my passport, but it worked! so I have everything in my new name :D glad ill not be fighting to explain diferent names everywhere hahahaha...

QUESTION: In the RPRF receipt (the one that we print after paying online) which name and UCI do i have to write on? mine? or hubby's? its hubby's credit card.. but is my RPRF.. so..? ideas?

Good luck, God bless!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! So close to the end now! And congrats on the name thing! I should get my passport back any day now, then I'll have to request a change on my PR card, and then see how much I feel like arguing with Québec, haha. At least my driver's license has all of my names, so I can use it as proof that...well, that I'm ME. My name is Axxx(first name) Bxxx(middle name) Dxxx(husband's last name. I dropped Cxxx(maiden last name) when I married. So... I go by Bxxx Dxxx - I've never used my first name from birth. So at the bank, and with Revenue Canada and Revenue Québec, I'm Bxxx Dxxx. On my carte de soleil (heath card), however, I'm Axxx Cxxx! Those names have NOTHING in common, haha. I'm Axxx Bxxx Dxxx Cxxx on my driver's license. It gets...confusing at times.

I don't think it matters much at all what you write on the receipt. I've read here a lot that it's supposed to be the payer's name, but I put my name on mine after using my husand's credit card to pay the fee, and it was no problem.

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Hey MaxLet! Thanks for sharing your info :)
Okay, I think I will wait until I get the request. I feel like I'm not losing anything.

BTW Congrats on landing date :)

Also I received CSQ today. Should I send one to CIC? Some people said they did, some didn't. Also MICC had my old address on my paper (I used to be student here in Montreal and I got CSQ for my study ages ago), should I call them to address that my mailing address is changed? I mean... they have OUR home address to send CSQ though. Ah confusing!

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
@MaxLet
Congrats! Your journey will be finished soon! Your landing place is Service Canada. Yes, you will get your permanent SIN at the landing day.

MaxLet said:
QUESTION: In the RPRF receipt (the one that we print after paying online) which name and UCI do i have to write on? mine? or hubby's? its hubby's credit card.. but is my RPRF.. so..? ideas?
As my husband paid the RPRF when applying for my PR, we were not asked to bring the receipt at the interview. But just in case, I brought it. He wrote his (sponsor's) name. Well, I think you can print it out. How about printing out 2 sheets and how about making your name version and your husband's version??

@canadianyogini
Congrats on your CSQ!

canadianyogini said:
Also I received CSQ today. Should I send one to CIC? Some people said they did, some didn't. Also MICC had my old address on my paper (I used to be student here in Montreal and I got CSQ for my study ages ago), should I call them to address that my mailing address is changed? I mean... they have OUR home address to send CSQ though. Ah confusing!
I don't think you need to send it to CIC. But I would call CIC and ask them whether they received your CSQ.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
canadianyogini said:
Hey MaxLet! Thanks for sharing your info :)
Okay, I think I will wait until I get the request. I feel like I'm not losing anything.

BTW Congrats on landing date :)

Well me too I arrived here as a student... but I called MICC everytime I moved (hubby and I had move 3 times). So they always keep my address update even when I was students. I just thought, better be safe, right? Than giving them reason to believe that you keep two addresses... but thats just me, i always "overthink".

About the CSQ copy, well, you received 2 right? one says IMMIGRATION and the other says REQUERANT in the bottom...
again, better BE safe. Some people say it doesnt matter cuz MICC comunicates with CIC... but what if they do it with a huge delay? or if they forget or lost your csq? you know,... i have learned to expect no matter what from cic.. so I did sent the CSQ to CIC myself, i wrote a little letter giving my name, address, phone, passport number, UCI number.. etc.. so they will MATCH it to my application. I sent it recommend so a Human signature was required upon reception. That way i knew exactly when it had reached CIC. and then gave them 2 days and i called. They had it.

So.. AGAIN.. better be safe! :)

God bless, good luck!!!!

pd. @Tomorisu, so, how do they determined wether you "land" in a service canada (rene-levesque) or in immigration (st antoine)?
btw, it says that they will issue my SIN number if im able to identifie myself correctly (what other documents appart from the hole package im bringing to land?) also says "bring your old sin card"? i didnt ever had one.. i came as a student.. never got one. would this be an issue?