07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
MaxLet said:
pd. @ Tomorisu, so, how do they determined wether you "land" in a service canada (rene-levesque) or in immigration (st antoine)?
btw, it says that they will issue my SIN number if im able to identifie myself correctly (what other documents appart from the hole package im bringing to land?) also says "bring your old sin card"? i didnt ever had one.. i came as a student.. never got one. would this be an issue?
I don't know. In the letter, they just said
'Veuillez vous présenter au: / Please report to:'
Service Canada Centre
Complexe Guy-Favreau, Room XXX
200, boul.René-Léversque Ouest
Montréal

On the landing interview day, you go to the Service Canada and wait to open the door. Then they will open the door, invite you to enter a room and sit down where you want. At first, they explain something about being PR, then you will wait until they call your name. You go to the booth and the representative of CIC will ask you some questions. He/she and you sign the COPR. After that, you will be told to wait a minute. Another man/woman will call you again and you go to another booth. He/she will ask your Birthday and parents' name. Then he/she will give you your SIN and your COPR. If you don't have a temporary SIN, it isn't a problem. (The SIN card will be sent to you within 10 days.) That's all.

You just bring the documents which CIC asks you in the letter. (Your passport, old documents like a study permit, undertaking, CSQ and your husband with his ID document.)

canadianyogini

Mar 15, 2014
Hey guys :)

Thank you all for your responses. I'm gonna call CIC next this Friday and if they haven't received my CSQ, I will send them on Monday. I'm a September applicant and I hope.. I hope... I can get AIP and OW soon :(

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
oh lala! :)
Ill be landing this thursday! I think i went over my documents at least a thousand times! :D
Some people recommend to bring hubby's drivers license with our address so they can see our addresses "match" but hey, i dont have a driver's license or any other document with my address.. our accounts in the bank are on hubby's name and all our bills is the same thing... i guess there's no way for me to proof my address... This is not in the document's list .. but some people said they were asked about it... any ideas?
Also, how did you do to be able to sleep in the days before landing!??? i havent slept since saturday i think! hahahaha.. any ideas for the dress code? :D
thanks!!!!

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Soooooo... GOT MY LANDING INTERVIEW TODAY! :) at MONTREAL'S LANDING OFFICE (Rene-Levesque)

We were supposed to be there at 8.15am, which sucked cuz we dont live in Montreal... we live in Prevost, which is at least one hour without traffic... and early in the morning.. TRAFFIC IS HELL!

We left home around 6.30am to be on time, but in the road i got too nervous and had to stop three times to throw up.. (at a certain point, hubby wanted to call and tell them to cancel!) anyway. We got there at around 8am... and finding a parking is awful... street parking starts only at 9am.. so we decide to risk it, park the car and pay at 9am by an app! We got in.. and since in my letter said "SERVICE CANADA" ... i ask for it and we went to a big office with a big Service Canada tittle... but it was close (although, people was in line) so i put myself in the line and waited... it was 8.40 and i start freaking out... so i check the DOOR NUMBER... I was supposed to go to "room 036" and i was in "room 034"...! I couldnt find the 036 and i felt so stupid!!! finally, 036 was a little door a bit hidden on the said of Service Canada... I risk it and knocked.. (i was 30min late by then!) a nice lady open, asked me if i had an interview, and I said "yes sorry, im late", she answered "i saw you doing the line, it is a common mistake, come in" I did, and they were at least 30 people in the room, an agent was talking about being a PR but I only catched the end of it :( ...
After that they called us 1 by 1, to talk to an immigration agent. Mine was a nice lady that i had been having contact with by email (about my family name change) anyway, she was super nice, ask us the 3 questions pretty fast, but we talk about other things, weather and stuff, like in a coffee house XD .. she make me sign, asked me for the other documents, and then told me "congrats on becoming a PR" ... then she guide us to a SERVICE CANADA agent in order to get my SIN number... this agent was also super nice...! it took a few minutes of chatting and then i got it! :D by 9.45am we were out of there with all papers in hand! Actually a really nice and easy experience... everyone was really nice nice :D

So, if any questions.. LET ME KNOW!
They said my pr card will arrive in 2 months maximun.. (yeah.. sure!)... and I DONT HAVE THE CONDITION 51, as i expected! :D

So, GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS to all of you fellow applicants! your time will also come soon! :D

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
MaxLet said:
Soooooo... GOT MY LANDING INTERVIEW TODAY! :) at MONTREAL'S LANDING OFFICE (Rene-Levesque)

We were supposed to be there at 8.15am, which sucked cuz we dont live in Montreal... we live in Prevost, which is at least one hour without traffic... and early in the morning.. TRAFFIC IS HELL!

We left home around 6.30am to be on time, but in the road i got too nervous and had to stop three times to throw up.. (at a certain point, hubby wanted to call and tell them to cancel!) anyway. We got there at around 8am... and finding a parking is awful... street parking starts only at 9am.. so we decide to risk it, park the car and pay at 9am by an app! We got in.. and since in my letter said "SERVICE CANADA" ... i ask for it and we went to a big office with a big Service Canada tittle... but it was close (although, people was in line) so i put myself in the line and waited... it was 8.40 and i start freaking out... so i check the DOOR NUMBER... I was supposed to go to "room 036" and i was in "room 034"...! I couldnt find the 036 and i felt so stupid!!! finally, 036 was a little door a bit hidden on the said of Service Canada... I risk it and knocked.. (i was 30min late by then!) a nice lady open, asked me if i had an interview, and I said "yes sorry, im late", she answered "i saw you doing the line, it is a common mistake, come in" I did, and they were at least 30 people in the room, an agent was talking about being a PR but I only catched the end of it :( ...
After that they called us 1 by 1, to talk to an immigration agent. Mine was a nice lady that i had been having contact with by email (about my family name change) anyway, she was super nice, ask us the 3 questions pretty fast, but we talk about other things, weather and stuff, like in a coffee house XD .. she make me sign, asked me for the other documents, and then told me "congrats on becoming a PR" ... then she guide us to a SERVICE CANADA agent in order to get my SIN number... this agent was also super nice...! it took a few minutes of chatting and then i got it! :D by 9.45am we were out of there with all papers in hand! Actually a really nice and easy experience... everyone was really nice nice :D

So, if any questions.. LET ME KNOW!
They said my pr card will arrive in 2 months maximun.. (yeah.. sure!)... and I DONT HAVE THE CONDITION 51, as i expected! :D

So, GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS to all of you fellow applicants! your time will also come soon! :D
What are the questions they asked you Maxlet? Congratulations on your Landing Interview! So happy for you :D :D

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
CONGRATS, MAXLET!!!!!!!!! Sorry you were so stressed, but welcome to Canada as a PR!!!!!!!!!!

snp30011

Mar 16, 2013
Lazy and unefficent government, Haven't received my PR card yet, it's due supposedly by June 15th, it's going to be more than 3 months by then, unbelievable, I cannot file my taxes, I cannot collect my money from francization, by the time I get my PR card, it will probably be too late and I may loose all the money because the course will end by June 7th. The Rep even told me, there are people who got their PR confirmation back in Feb.2014 and still haven't received their PR card, either the whole world is moving to canada or I'm becoming crazy. official version "unusual amount of PR card's requests"

seekingtobeunited

Apr 2, 2013
I am a gatineau, quebec resident. I have a question regarding my wife landing in Montreal once she gets her PR. Is this obligatory to land in Montreal? Can she land in Toronto if she wanted to. If she lands in Toronto, at what point will she be required to show her CSQ? If she lands in Toronto, will it be possible for her to access the Quebec immigration services at a later date? Thank you for your insights.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
seekingtobeunited said:
I am a gatineau, quebec resident. I have a question regarding my wife landing in Montreal once she gets her PR. Is this obligatory to land in Montreal? Can she land in Toronto if she wanted to. If she lands in Toronto, at what point will she be required to show her CSQ? If she lands in Toronto, will it be possible for her to access the Quebec immigration services at a later date? Thank you for your insights.
Hi!
so, if you applied for quebec, you have to land in quebec, if after you wanna move to another provinces, that's on you. most quebec inlanders "land" in montreal's office. others are require to go to a travel office (agents are sent to some regions). did you already got landing letter? your landing letter will tell you if you land in montreal or in a travel office. when you land in montreal, you inmediately get your sin number which allows you to start working. for health card and free french classes you only need your aip letter and csq.

hope this helps,
god bless and good luck

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I'm not sure whether you can land in Toronto and then continue on to Québec or not. I imagine the opposite would be problematic (trying to land in Québec, without a CSQ, and then continue on to another province), but I'm not at all sure you have to enter Canada through Québec. I would suggest you post your question in a new thread in the forum so others with more knowledge/experience in this area can weigh in.

Tomorisu

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Dec-'12
AOR Received.
21-Jan-'13
Med's Done....
02-Nov-'12
LANDED..........
28-Nov-'13
seekingtobeunited said:
Did you apply for PR 'INLAND'? In that case, you can not choose the landing place. Usually, applicants in Quebec land in Montreal. (CIC haven't scheduled to have a travel office in Gatineau this year.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contact_us/offices/itinerant.asp )

I think you applied for PR 'OUTLAND'. If so, please ask another thread or make a new thread to solve your question. People here in '2012 Quebec INLAND applicants' did not land at the border or the international airport like Pearson in Toronto. Good luck!

seekingtobeunited

Apr 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind insights. I applied for my spouse who lives outside of canada. She did not get PR visa yet but hoping to get one soon. I don't mind her landing in montreal if it allows her to get transitioned in better (and if she actually has an obligation to land in montreal). I just didn't know how it worked. You guys have certainly clarified it for me. The only reason I was looking towards toronto was due to the possibility of finding a cheaper airline ticket as opposed to Montreal.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
seekingtobeunited said:
Thank you very much for your kind insights. I applied for my spouse who lives outside of canada. She did not get PR visa yet but hoping to get one soon. I don't mind her landing in montreal if it allows her to get transitioned in better (and if she actually has an obligation to land in montreal). I just didn't know how it worked. You guys have certainly clarified it for me. The only reason I was looking towards toronto was due to the possibility of finding a cheaper airline ticket as opposed to Montreal.
hi again!
in that case, you can try to get help here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t153740.0.html
it is a quebec outland treath.

this (quebec inland 2012) is an INLAND treath (sponsor and applicant are already in canada). the "landing" for outland and inland are totally different, and we can only help inlanders base on our own experience.

you better try other treath :D

good luck, God bless

seekingtobeunited

Apr 2, 2013
Thank you MaxLet! I appreciate.

MaxLet said:
hi again!
in that case, you can try to get help here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t153740.0.html
it is a quebec outland treath.

this (quebec inland 2012) is an INLAND treath (sponsor and applicant are already in canada). the "landing" for outland and inland are totally different, and we can only help inlanders base on our own experience.

you better try other treath :D

good luck, God bless