+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2012 Quebec Inland Applicants

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Hello everyone,

I decided to crate this topic exclusively for inland applicants that are also going through Quebec. I sent my application in March and I am still waiting AOR. 8)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
received an acknowledgement email informing us our application has been received by CIC. it's in process as of juno 28 (sponsorship application). PR application just says "received".

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Hey everyone,

I have been following "canadavisa.com" for some time now but had never created an account until now. My boyfriend and I are in the same situation right now (waiting...). We too have sent out an inland application from Quebec. I thought I could share my timeline so far.

Our application was received on February 15, 2012.
AOR email received on May 31, 2012.
Processing Started on May 30, 2012.
AOR mailed to us by CIC dated June 4, 2012.
Letter from MICC of acceptance of QC undertaking & CSQ both received together dated June 20, 2012.

And since, nothing has happened...

Good luck to everyone :)

Naomi

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
perkele said:
Hey everyone,

I have been following "canadavisa.com" for some time now but had never created an account until now. My boyfriend and I are in the same situation right now (waiting...). We too have sent out an inland application from Quebec. I thought I could share my timeline so far.

Our application was received on February 15, 2012.
AOR email received on May 31, 2012.
Processing Started on May 30, 2012.
AOR mailed to us by CIC dated June 4, 2012.
Letter from MICC of acceptance of QC undertaking & CSQ both received together dated June 20, 2012.

And since, nothing has happened...

Good luck to everyone :)

Naomi

you received the letter from MICC to undertake & CSQ all together? is that a normal procedure of Quebec? I thought you received the MICC forms and only CSQ afterwards...

Our timeline is:

Our application was received on March 10, 2012.
AOR email received on June 26, 2012.
Processing Started on June 26, 2012.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
you received the letter from MICC to undertake & CSQ all together? is that a normal procedure of Quebec? I thought you received the MICC forms and only CSQ afterwards...

Our timeline is:

Our application was received on March 10, 2012.
AOR email received on June 26, 2012.
Processing Started on June 26, 2012.

Hey,

I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking, but here is how it happened. Around June 6-7, we received a letter (by mail; the letter was dated June 4) from the CIC acknowledging that they received our application and that because we live in Quebec, our next step was to submit the undertaking and the CSQ application which are together in step 2 if you look at the steps on the MICC website. For some reason, I can't post links, but here is what the site says:

1) Submit a sponsorship application to the Government of Canada

2) Submit an undertaking application to the Government of Québec

3) Ask the person you are sponsoring to complete certain procedures, namely, applying for a Québec Selection Certificate and permanent residence.

From this it makes it sound like step 2 & 3 are separate but if you look in detail at step 2 (we used kit A), you are required to fill the "Application for Selection Certificate - Family class" which is the CSQ.

So we filled out the forms in this step and we sent them to the MICC (including the letter received from CIC acknowledging the receipt of our application) in Montreal and about two weeks later (a little after St-Jean holiday), we received a letter dated June 20 saying that the undertaking was accepted and we got the CSQ at the same time (all in the same envelope).

Does that make sense/answer your question?

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Thank you for your reply. ;D

So far we have just received an email informing us that CIC has received our application, and on ecas we see the application for sponsorship is in process as of June 26. The email CIC sent us does not mention that we should contact MICC. I guess the next step is to wait for the letter to undertake the application with MICC?

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
You're welcome ;)

Yeah the email I got (I am the sponsor) did not mention anything about the MICC either. In fact, it didn't even mention anything about sponsoring, to the point that I started freaking out thinking that I had sent the wrong application because it said that it confirmed my application for permanent residency and I'm a Canadian citizen so it made no sense. Anyway, that said, you should probably be getting a letter by mail sometime in the next week or so (delays due to Canada day).

So yes, the next step is the letter and then fill out the undertaking. (the letter explains what to do)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Ok, cool! I'll post here when I receive the letter! Let me know anything about your process!
Let's hope for fast cases! :D

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Sounds good, I'll keep you posted. And yes, I hope that this whole thing goes smoothly and as quick as possible :)

It's good to know someone that is in a similar situation (and our files are less than a month apart).

Are you the sponsor or the applicant?

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
definitely!

when are you expecting (or hoping, hehe) your application to be completed? i'm the person being sponsored. i hope i received the letter to undertake with MICC soon, i've already filled the forms and am just waiting for the letter to send it back. did your spouse send police certificates, right of permanent residence fee and medical exam along with the application?

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Well I'm expecting that everything will be done by February 2013 (hopefully) but obviously, ideally, I would like everything to be done earlier so it's one less thing to worry about.

Don't worry too much about the letter. I'm sure that you will be receiving it any day now ;)

As for the other stuff, my boyfriend sent the police certificate with the application and the medical exam was done too. The only thing is that I'm sure that he'll have to re-do the exam since it'll probably be a year by the time they get to it and medical exams are only good for one year. Also, at the time he did the exam, we were planning on applying outbound so we don't know if that's an issue at all if they were to process our file before it expires. So I guess we'll find out eventually...

We didn't pay the permanent residency fees yet but we were thinking that it would probably be a good idea to pay them sometime before the end of the year so that it could perhaps speed up the process. (Or at least, it wouldn't hurt to have it done in advance)

What about you? Have you guys sent the police certificate, the medical exam and the fees?

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
perkele said:
Well I'm expecting that everything will be done by February 2013 (hopefully) but obviously, ideally, I would like everything to be done earlier so it's one less thing to worry about.

Don't worry too much about the letter. I'm sure that you will be receiving it any day now ;)

As for the other stuff, my boyfriend sent the police certificate with the application and the medical exam was done too. The only thing is that I'm sure that he'll have to re-do the exam since it'll probably be a year by the time they get to it and medical exams are only good for one year. Also, at the time he did the exam, we were planning on applying outbound so we don't know if that's an issue at all if they were to process our file before it expires. So I guess we'll find out eventually...

We didn't pay the permanent residency fees yet but we were thinking that it would probably be a good idea to pay them sometime before the end of the year so that it could perhaps speed up the process. (Or at least, it wouldn't hurt to have it done in advance)

What about you? Have you guys sent the police certificate, the medical exam and the fees?
i actually called them yesterday to ask if they have received my medical exams, they asked me which date i had done them and it was on their system; however, it does not show on ecas just yet. what does your ecas show? i've been looking constantly waiting for the letter, it better be here soon!

in our case, we sent everything... fees, medical, police... everything has been sent!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Yeah my ecas doesn't say much either.

Sponsorship Application Status:

We received your application to sponsor XXX on February 15, 2012.

We started processing your application on May 30, 2012.

Permanent Residence Application Status

We received XXX's application for permanent residence on February 15, 2012.

It doesn't even mention anything about the medical exam or the CSQ and undertaking. I'm guessing that yours must be the same as mine?

For the police certificate, did you do from your native country and Canada or only your homeland? My boyfriend didn't get one from the RCMP because we had read that it wasn't necessary and that they could do it themselves if they required it. However, I read some posts where people said that they did it anyway and I'm starting to wonder if we should have done it...