Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
vinlander said:
As far as I know there is no special treatment for American neither for England immigrant.
I think it is better to apply outland for people who needs to travel back, but od course you need to be still residing in the original country or have a proof you are returning anyway.
Inland application usually means you are currently residing in Canada and it is highly suggested not to travel until PR. The reason being an agent could cause problem at the border and deny entry which would then compromise the whole process. It is not that you don't have the right to travel, it is that any border crossing without a PR is always a risk.
Like I said, I was probably wrong about that (Americans) and I never mentioned anything about British immigrants as I do not know any.

As for applying outland, I definitely agree with you however at this point it's too late for that since our applications have already been sent. But I know that in retrospect, we should have applied outland (and we probably would already have gotten approved by now too), but there's no point of wasting time thinking about what should or should not have been done, in my opinion. :)

On a separate matter, what is that "doc's request" you have on your timeline? I noticed that some people have it and others don't. Is that because CPC-V believed that there wasn't enough proof or RCMP clearance, etc...

vinlander

Dec 11, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2011
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
AOR Received.
21-02-2012
Med's Request
Done before request
Med's Done....
25-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012 OWP + AIP
LANDED..........
27-11-2012
perkele said:
Like I said, I was probably wrong about that (Americans) and I never mentioned anything about British immigrants as I do not know any.

As for applying outland, I definitely agree with you however at this point it's too late for that since our applications have already been sent. But I know that in retrospect, we should have applied outland (and we probably would already have gotten approved by now too), but there's no point of wasting time thinking about what should or should not have been done, in my opinion. :)

On a separate matter, what is that "doc's request" you have on your timeline? I noticed that some people have it and others don't. Is that because CPC-V believed that there wasn't enough proof or RCMP clearance, etc...
The docs requested were additional background (group membership, previous adresses, previous jobs...) for some missing dates (since she was in canada in sept 2011 and we applied in dec 2011).
No other add docs requested yet. Usually RCMP and police record like for the medical are requested to process 2nd stage after AIP.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
vinlander said:
The docs requested were additional background (group membership, previous adresses, previous jobs...) for some missing dates (since she was in canada in sept 2011 and we applied in dec 2011).
No other add docs requested yet. Usually RCMP and police record like for the medical are requested to process 2nd stage after AIP.
Oh alright, thank you!
Hopefully no RCMP clearance will be required! Good luck!

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
i called CIC today and they told me an email was sent to us asking for CSQ, but we never got the email. checked junk mail, inbox... nothing... and no letters were sent either. we had to "request" a new email and it will take a couple of days for them to resend it. argh!

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
has anybody who has received the CSQ applied for RAMQ? before AIP? i was reading and apparently it's possible!

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
mdna said:
i called CIC today and they told me an email was sent to us asking for CSQ, but we never got the email. checked junk mail, inbox... nothing... and no letters were sent either. we had to "request" a new email and it will take a couple of days for them to resend it. argh!
You were actually able to talk to a human being at CIC? :eek:

I tried 3 days in a row, non-stop between 8 am and 4 pm, and always ended up with a canned message telling me that all agents were busy and please call later. I got so stressed over this that I gave up.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Chickadee said:
You were actually able to talk to a human being at CIC? :eek:

I tried 3 days in a row, non-stop between 8 am and 4 pm, and always ended up with a canned message telling me that all agents were busy and please call later. I got so stressed over this that I gave up.
yes, i am very persistent :)

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
i usually try several times (avg. 20 times in a row), eventually i am lucky enough to be put on hold for around 10 minutes to speak to an agent. yay me! *sarcasm inserted here*

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
mdna said:
i usually try several times (avg. 20 times in a row), eventually i am lucky enough to be put on hold for around 10 minutes to speak to an agent. yay me! *sarcasm inserted here*
Do you have a Client Id Number? I do not have one to provide when prompted for i, so I do not really know how to get further... Maybe I should try again.

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
Chickadee said:
Do you have a Client Id Number? I do not have one to provide when prompted for i, so I do not really know how to get further... Maybe I should try again.
yes, i do but i press 1 for english then 2 then 1 then 0 and i don't have to give one :)
try it tomorrow!

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
Wow, that really sucks.
It's insane how they're so inconsistent in terms of their methods of communication.
Well, at least you already have all your information ready for the MICC and you'll be glad to notice that, unlike the CIC, they actually process things rather quickly :)

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
has anybody who has received the CSQ applied for RAMQ? before AIP? i was reading and apparently it's possible!
As far as I knew, AIP was must for the RAMQ card and CSQ alone is not sufficient.

Where did you read that?

But yeah, if anyone has gotten it done without AIP, I'b be interested in hearing how.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
Chickadee said:
I've never actually inquired specifically about my file so I've never had to give them my UCI number (I do have one though), but I've found that it's easier to get a hold of a person when you choose the options in French. It could just have been a coincidence, but every time I tried in English, the system would tell me that everyone is busy and simply hang up on me. In French, the most I've had to wait was about 10 - 15 minutes, which I understand that it's not too long of a wait when it comes to the CIC.

perkele

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15, 2012
AOR Received.
May 30, 2012
Med's Done....
December 12, 2011
mdna said:
yes, i do but i press 1 for english then 2 then 1 then 0 and i don't have to give one :)
try it tomorrow!
How did they access your file if you didn't have to give your UCI number?
Or did the agent simply tell you that an email was sent without actually inquiring about it?