+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

+13 MONTHS APPLICANT

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
OMG, I'm totally freaking out now.......just sent my application to have my PR renewed so that I can travel ARGGHHH!!
Applied for PR renewal in September, after losing hope that my citizenship application wouldn’t be done within 12 months, still nothing yet

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
did you ask for GCMS notes? if yes do you see a blank page for SECURITY in GCMS notes?
yes, but CIC told me that my clearance is pending. I have a question for my Iranian fellow who is waiting either for test or oath, did you guys went back since 2013?

Hasanmtl89

Aug 1, 2013
Hello all,
Its has been 13 months since i applied for my citizenship and didn't get test invite yet. I called the call center twice, they told me there is no comments on file and no clear reason for delay and they added two notes on my account to notify the Montreal office where my application is being processed, I also emailed my MP and did not get any answer.

In my ATIP that i ordered beginning of October 2018 there is a future due date which is 16 December 2018 but its not clear what for and last date that anyone worked on my application was the 21 June 2018. My application was transferred between three agents in the Montreal office.

I want to know what can a lawyer do in this case if any of you had an experience with that.

My timeline:

Application received: 20 October 2017
AOR: 21 December 2017
In process: 15 February 2018
Fingerprint request: 20 April 2018

Thank you

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hello all,
Its has been 13 months since i applied for my citizenship and didn't get test invite yet. I called the call center twice, they told me there is no comments on file and no clear reason for delay and they added two notes on my account to notify the Montreal office where my application is being processed, I also emailed my MP and did not get any answer.

In my ATIP that i ordered beginning of October 2018 there is a future due date which is 16 December 2018 but its not clear what for and last date that anyone worked on my application was the 21 June 2018. My application was transferred between three agents in the Montreal office.

I want to know what can a lawyer do in this case if any of you had an experience with that.

My timeline:

Application received: 20 October 2017
AOR: 21 December 2017
In process: 15 February 2018
Fingerprint request: 20 April 2018

Thank you
The due date is not very useful. In my case they have changed the due date after it was passed. I don't want to discourage you but I think because there has not been substantial delay in the process ( comparing to the normal processing time of 1 year), the lawyer's function will be somewhat limited. Not all the lawyers however accept the delay cases. In any case, the lawyers usually send a demand letter first to legally request about your application (each letter could cost ~$1K plus an initial consultation fee). I know in a number of PR cases this has helped them but in all of those cases the processing time has been very long around 27 months. Do you know if your security checks are underway or completed? Some processing locations, do not usually invite people for the test until they receive their background checks, and some like mine they do the test and then they will wait (for a very long time) for the checks.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody ordered gcms notes from CSIS to see the situation? do you guys think it might help to speed up?

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those are the most useless notes. There are no notes etc like the IRCC's. It is one page that they do not share anything. A friend of mine has just received those.
I understand that we won't get any useful information from those notes. The idea is that it might push them to look at the files if they have forgotten about it.

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
I understand that we won't get any useful information from those notes. The idea is that it might push them to look at the files if they have forgotten about it.
Well you can always try. But the ATIP division is a completely separate division and has nothing to do with the processing etc. You could read about that in their websites.

Reactions: itsmyid

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well you can always try. But the ATIP division is a completely separate division and has nothing to do with the processing etc. You could read about that in their websites.
make sense! Does anybody know which type of processing CSIS does for citizen applications?

HFAMH

Star Member
Mar 24, 2016
These were the old rules, which they might still use them:

What is a routine application?

An application is considered routine if:

• we receive all the necessary documents and the correct fees;
  • you meet the residence requirements;
  • you are not subject to any immigration, security or criminal prohibitions;
  • you meet the language requirements for citizenship;
  • you pass the knowledge-of-Canada test (citizenship test);
  • you do not need a hearing with a citizenship judge; and
  • you are not asked to provide additional documents such as fingerprints, a residence questionnaire or documents proving residence in Canada.
What is a non-routine application?

An application is considered non-routine if any one of the following has occurred:

• you are asked to provide a residence questionnaire, documents proving residence in Canada, fingerprints, or any other additional documents;
  • we have not received all the necessary documents or the correct fees;
  • it is unclear whether you meet the residence requirements;
  • it is unclear whether you are subject to any immigration, security or criminal prohibitions;
  • you do not meet the language requirements for citizenship;
  • you fail or are unable to write the knowledge-of-Canada test (citizenship test); and
  • you require a hearing with a citizenship judge.

Bahoo

Apr 4, 2018
All the Iranian have the same problem. It took us 7 months from test to get Decision made. still waiting for the oath letter and it is almost one year. We have applied from Toronto. Anybody here has the same timeline?