+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

+13 MONTHS APPLICANT

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I applied citizenship on August 2017 and passed the exam February 2018 .

I send the case specific enquiries 25 days a go and they didn't responce.

So I call them. The agent told me everything is don and she will send the note to follow up my file I told her everything like security, residency, criminality... is done ? She said yes is done . I said so why they didn't send the oath invitation. She said maybe they forgot to invite.
Last night I received the case specific enquiries response after 25 days. It said your file still in process and we can not give you specific time .

It was different responce . Because when they saying still in process tha means at least one part it is not done.

I call them again this morning and I told the agent I received 2 different responce . She checked my file and said your application still showing in process . I said which part it is not done . She said "I cannot see in your file just showing in process" . I said when the previous agent told me every thing is done that means she saw something on my file . She said I don't know .

I will be appreciate anyone who has a experience to call to call center let me know which information he/she recieved when they call the call center . Because I want to call them again. But I don't know which information they have access to responce.

Reactions: khazan

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

So I call them. The agent told me everything is don and she will send the note to follow up my file I told her everything like security, residency, criminality... is done ? She said yes is done . I said so why they didn't send the oath invitation. She said maybe they forgot to invite.
Last night I received the case specific enquiries response after 25 days. It said your file still in process and we can not give you specific time .

It was different responce . Because when they saying still in process tha means at least one part it is not done.

I call them again this morning and I told the agent I received 2 different responce . She checked my file and said your application still showing in process . I said which part it is not done . She said "I cannot see in your file just showing in process" . I said when the previous agent told me every thing is done that means she saw something on my file . She said I don't know .

I will be appreciate anyone who has a experience to call to call center let me know which information he/she recieved when they call the call center . Because I want to call them again. But I don't know which information they have access to responce.
Did Ecas say IN-Process?

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017

The reason I asked about Ecas because my file went back to in process before I got Oath Invite.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
No it is in process from the date that start the process . No changes
Many times CIC people dont know what they are talking about. Call them back to back and hear something new every time. I called them 3 times got 3 different answers and then I got really mad and explained the why 3 different answers in 2 hours?? Then that person gave me a reason which one of the earlier rep did.

Talk to your MP and explain him that your application has passed processing time and when you call them you are getting different answers or else order GCMS notes. It usually take 30 Calendar days to receive those notes but will say what is still pending 30 days ago(on the day of ordering GCMS notes).

Reactions: Mehran1

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I Hope so . I am coming back from Scarborough court , the place that I had a citizenship exam . The gentleman in the information desk give me the address that I can send the letter to follow up the case . I hope to work .

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Many times CIC people dont know what they are talking about. Call them back to back and hear something new every time. I called them 3 times got 3 different answers and then I got really mad and explained the why 3 different answers in 2 hours?? Then that person gave me a reason which one of the earlier rep did.

Talk to your MP and explain him that your application has passed processing time and when you call them you are getting different answers or else order GCMS notes. It usually take 30 Calendar days to receive those notes but will say what is still pending 30 days ago(on the day of ordering GCMS notes).
Thanks for sharing your experience Goku.

I send the GCMS request yesterday , but when I wanted to sent I wasnt sure about one part of form.

There was 2 chooses

1- status update of file/ reason for refusals / officer electronic notes

2- the application supporting documents and correspondence sent to and/or from IRCC

I choose 1 .

I don't know how can I call to my Mp . Where can i find his/her number or name .

Puppy89

Star Member
Jun 21, 2017

Did you try sending an email to the test invite email that you got during February and explaining about your file?? If not, try that!! Because we never know that might works!! Thanks

Reactions: Mehran1

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience Goku.

I send the GCMS request yesterday , but when I wanted to sent I wasnt sure about one part of form.

There was 2 chooses

1- status update of file/ reason for refusals / officer electronic notes

2- the application supporting documents and correspondence sent to and/or from IRCC

I choose 1 .

I don't know how can I call to my Mp . Where can i find his/her number or name .
Sorry to hear Mehran. This is ridiculous.

Please enter your postal code here to find your MP's details: https://www.ourcommons.ca/parliamentarians/en/constituencies/FindMP

Ask for a meeting with him/her.

Reactions: Mehran1 and Goku

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hmmm. So i guess it's "Your application is still within the 12 months processing time so there's nothing we can do" when an application is less than 12 months, and "There's nothing we can do" when its more than 12 months.
I am also coming up to 12 months. 22 more days to go. not really hopeful

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Hmmm. So i guess it's "Your application is still within the 12 months processing time so there's nothing we can do" when an application is less than 12 months, and "There's nothing we can do" when its more than 12 months.
I am also coming up to 12 months. 22 more days to go. not really hopeful
With perfect logic like this, they'll never lose. ;)

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Hi I called call center again today . The agent told me everything is done except prohibition??

Anyone knows what exactly prohibition related for .

Agent told me like related to time you staying here . I just 20 days out of canada for vacation during 5 years . It shouldn't take long time to find out this .

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Anyone knows what exactly prohibition related for
It is part of standard background checks. Which is a *database perusal of any criminal activities the applicant has undertaken during his/her eligibility period inside Canada. This is conducted for all applicants.

*A similar list of activities will also be handed-over to the applicant during test/interview, which s/he has to file-out. Since you've completed your test stage ~ you've already filled-in that form stating prolly "none". Some red-flag must have come-up subsequently for them to recheck their database.

Reactions: Goku and Mehran1