+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

+13 MONTHS APPLICANT

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
All the Iranian have the same problem. It took us 7 months from test to get Decision made. still waiting for the oath letter and it is almost one year. We have applied from Toronto. Anybody here has the same timeline?
Well, I came from nowhere near Iran and have waited for more than 13 months with no test invite

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Nothing yet .
Residency and prohibition not started as showing in my GCMS note.
9 month passed from the test
15 month passed from the beginning
Still in process
How come they have started your prohibition and residency?? did you they complete your security??

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
How come they have started your prohibition and residency?? did you they complete your security??
Yes security check has been done . Criminality, Knowledge and language has been done too .
But according my GCMS note prohibition and residency not started .

Reactions: Littup

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
All those waiting over one yr for test invite... did you have any problem in your residency obligations.

i came late. just when my pr card was about to expire. Hadn't lived in Canada for two yrs during the five yr period after I became PR. Was given a tough time at the airport but they let me enter. I lived for two years straight in Canada and then got my PR card renewed without any problem. Been living in Canada for 5 yrs now and only traveled once for 3 weeks. Have been working without any gap. After four yrs I applied for citizenship in October 2017 with no test invite as yet.
I don't see why there should be a problem in my citizenship application. Whenever I called the agent kept saying everything is fine. When my MP contacted them, he was told that my application is under secondary review for background and criminality check and there is no timeline for it.
Wonder if it is because i came late before coz other than that there is nothing i did wrong.

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
All those waiting over one yr for test invite... did you have any problem in your residency obligations.

i came late. just when my pr card was about to expire. Hadn't lived in Canada for two yrs during the five yr period after I became PR. Was given a tough time at the airport but they let me enter. I lived for two years straight in Canada and then got my PR card renewed without any problem. Been living in Canada for 5 yrs now and only traveled once for 3 weeks. Have been working without any gap. After four yrs I applied for citizenship in October 2017 with no test invite as yet.
I don't see why there should be a problem in my citizenship application. Whenever I called the agent kept saying everything is fine. When my MP contacted them, he was told that my application is under secondary review for background and criminality check and there is no timeline for it.
Wonder if it is because i came late before coz other than that there is nothing i did wrong.
I don't think that's the reason of the delay. I don't any residence or any ind of other issues and I lived more than for years before I applied (3 years only was required) and yet my application does not get processed when I thought it was a straightforward one!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

No, had over 1500 days at time of application , only outside Canada for less than 3 weeks each year.

tom94063

May 1, 2013

Back in July 2014 I came late too ie 7 months before my pr card expired and was lectured at the YVR airport because I stayed only 3 weeks since 2010. After staying 2 yrs straight without leaving the country I renewed PR card and I was sent to secondary review due to long absence (shown on my gcms note) but eventually I got my card. Then after staying 3 yrs (Oct 2017) I applied for citizenship and I got it in 1 year (Oct 2018). In my case previous PR residency obligation breach did not seem to interfere with my citizenship process as I was worried. And my GCMS note confirms it.

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Yes security check has been done . Criminality, Knowledge and language has been done too .
But according my GCMS note prohibition and residency not started .
Then what are they waiting for to start the other checks?? Did they tell you ? I saw a few posts of yours stating you still wait for prohibition but if they don't start them they won't finish will they?

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Then what are they waiting for to start the other checks?? Did they tell you ? I saw a few posts of yours stating you still wait for prohibition but if they don't start them they won't finish will they?
Honestly I dont know, l sent the letter to my MP and waiting for response. I send the 2 web form they judt said we are doing our job and dont need to worry. Just wait nothing useful information.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
What did your MP tell you?
Hi Littup.

His team has been following up and all they have heard back is that criminality check is going on after I submitted my fingerprints.

It has already been 1.5 months since that happened so I am not too sure what is going on.

I think I am now going to consult a lawyer to know more about my options.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Today i complete 13 months still
In process
I did my test on april
No update
What's going on
That's strange. I am not too sure why it is taking this long for your oath to happen.

Anyways in my case it has been more than 14 months since application and I haven't even gotten a test invite forget anything else.

Wish you well in your process and I hope you become a citizen in 2018 itself.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Finally made it to my 13-month mark , with no test invite, of course....
You and me are sailing in the same boat my friend except the fact that I have crossed 14 months now.

Here are some steps that I have taken ( not that they have been successful !!) fr your reference :-

1. Reached out to CIC via phone and email. As the wait times are very high for speaking with an agent I have preferred sending the mail and have usually received a response within 3 -4 business days. I have spoken with the the agents 2 - 3 times but it doesn't seem like they have a lot of information with them as well.Still worth a try for sure.

2. Ask for your GCMS report which will have the details of your case and notes by the immigration officer.

3. Approach your local MP and seek his / her support in reaching out to CIC.

4. File a complaint with CIC on their website under the "processing times" section.

I have tried all of these methods and unfortunately I still haven't had any success in my citizenship application but I personally believe that it is better to make some efforts and hope they help to "stir the pot" rather than just wait for CIC to get back.

I am also now considering the option of seeking legal advice to know what my options are.

Hope this helps.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
4. File a complaint with CIC on their website under the "processing times" section.

I have tried all of these methods and unfortunately I still haven't had any success in my citizenship application but I personally believe that it is better to make some efforts and hope they help to "stir the pot" rather than just wait for CIC to get back.
Did you get a reply for the complaint?