+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

+13 MONTHS APPLICANT

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
You and me are sailing in the same boat my friend except the fact that I have crossed 14 months now.

Here are some steps that I have taken ( not that they have been successful !!) fr your reference :-

1. Reached out to CIC via phone and email. As the wait times are very high for speaking with an agent I have preferred sending the mail and have usually received a response within 3 -4 business days. I have spoken with the the agents 2 - 3 times but it doesn't seem like they have a lot of information with them as well.Still worth a try for sure.

2. Ask for your GCMS report which will have the details of your case and notes by the immigration officer.

3. Approach your local MP and seek his / her support in reaching out to CIC.

4. File a complaint with CIC on their website under the "processing times" section.

I have tried all of these methods and unfortunately I still haven't had any success in my citizenship application but I personally believe that it is better to make some efforts and hope they help to "stir the pot" rather than just wait for CIC to get back.

I am also now considering the option of seeking legal advice to know what my options are.

Hope this helps.
I have done all those except for complaint and legal action- didn’t want to piss them off to further delay my application... and none had worked

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Did you get a reply for the complaint?
Hi Ottawan,

No I didn't get a reply.

After you submit the complaint they do mention that it is not possible for them to reply to all the messages but they take the feedback seriously.

Having said that at this stage with 14 months having gone from the date of the application I know that they can't delay it much further so I am willing to keep on trying everything that I can to get them to respond to me.

The complaint wasn't harsh or anything.

I pointed out that there has been an inordinate delay in processing my application for which I would like to request for an update and if the application can now be pushed ahead.

There is nothing wrong in that.

I suggest you try it as well.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
I have done all those except for complaint and legal action- didn’t want to piss them off to further delay my application... and none had worked
Hi ItsmyID,

As I mentioned to Ottawan in the previous note that the complaint wasn't harsh or anything.

I pointed out that there has been an inordinate delay in processing my application for which I would like to request for an update and if the application can now be pushed ahead.

I really don't know how long have you been stuck but I suggest you try it as well.

I actually got this idea from another thread in this forum as well and the person was able to successfully get the test invite for his wife. Obviously there is no way to tell if this happened because of the complaint or because of the regular process but it did happen.

Honestly now this being my 15 month after applying I have nothing to lose as I know that they have to get back to me soon on my case so I am trying to exert all the pressure that I can from my end.

I spoke with the agent as well a few days back and was informed that all my checks are done and only the test invite is pending and she will be sending a reminder for the same to the concerned officer.

So keeping fingers crossed but as I said I have heard these kind of statements too many times in the past so till the time I don't hear anything I am not going to stop trying.

Bahoo

Apr 4, 2018
Dear Friends, We have received our Oath Letter after around 1 Year. We became DM on 17 of September and after two months on Saturday, we received the oath letter. So it should be a computer sending the oath after two months from DM. We applied 22 November 2017 and we did the test on 12 of March 2018.
Thank you for all the comments and helps.wish you all the best wishes.

nick677

Star Member
Jun 1, 2018
Dear Friends, We have received our Oath Letter after around 1 Year. We became DM on 17 of September and after two months on Saturday, we received the oath letter. So it should be a computer sending the oath after two months from DM. We applied 22 November 2017 and we did the test on 12 of March 2018.
Thank you for all the comments and helps.wish you all the best wishes.
Congratulations !!

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Hi Ottawan,

No I didn't get a reply.

After you submit the complaint they do mention that it is not possible for them to reply to all the messages but they take the feedback seriously.

Having said that at this stage with 14 months having gone from the date of the application I know that they can't delay it much further so I am willing to keep on trying everything that I can to get them to respond to me.

The complaint wasn't harsh or anything.

I suggest you try it as well.
thanks brother, will try the same.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Looks like there is a backlog and average processing time must have increased. Otherwise I don't see why they wouldn't finish your application and security has passed which causes most of the delay.
Ya I don't know too. I call them today and they told me the back ground check has been done 2 month ago . The funniest thing is, that I sent the letter 4 weeks a go and they didn't responce me . I mentioned it today on the phone that , why I didn't recieved the responce . The guy on the phone told me your letter recieved October 28 and it is in your file and he doesn't know why agent didn't respond it .