7 July 11
Passport Req..
Jan 28 - Feb 16 '11 ppr sent plus add'l docs
VISA ISSUED...
May 15, 2012
LANDED..........
June 11,2012 by Eva Airlines
CharlieD10 said:
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, you need to do the medical before so it is submitted along with the application. If you are being sponsored by a relative or your application is skilled worker-based, you wait until CIC requests the medical. You need to contact the Designated Medical Practitioner who will be doing your medical to find out how they make these arrangements. Most persons generally have to make an appointment. You take along Appendix C of the Region Specific Form if you are being sponsored by your spouse.
thank u so much charlie..i m being sponsored by my spouse..which is a canadian citizen already.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi Leon,

I reside in Queensland, but havn't had a driving license ever.

For the traffic history printout, in addition to a Statutory Declaration do I need to get a letter from Queensland transport stating tht I don't hold an Australian Driving license?

If yes, could u plz advice me how to obtain such a letter?

Thanks!

A+M

Jun 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Doc's Request.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
First time: 20/01/11 Second time : 15/01/12
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
24-08-2012
Hello -
I'm new here - wondering if anyone has had the experience of being asked for RPRF by the V.O? On the website it says they will ask for RPRF when visa is ready. I received this request about 2 months after our application arrived at V.O. Seem rather quick to be nearing completion - the processing time for our VO is 11 months. (Not that I would complain!!! ) Anybody have any experience with this? Thx :) :

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The length of time quoted is average processing times. It is not cut in stone. Some get it much faster, some slower. Getting the request for RPRF early on is a good thing.

WPG2655

Jun 21, 2011
Thank you Leon for your post of July 2010 it was very informative and helpful. I had one question. My girlfriend and soon to be spouse is a Philippine citizen living in the USA for the last 15 years and is not a US citizen. She has an family petition from her father under the 245i law ongoing since 2001. In your post you say "If your spouse is residing in a country other than the country of their nationality, you can pick which of the two visa offices you want. Otherwise it will be processed in their country of nationality." We were wondering if she can apply through the Buffalo New York Office or if she will have to apply through the Philippine office. If she has to apply through the Philippine office and requires an interview this could be a problem as she would have to leave the USA and may be denied re-entry without knowing if her request to come to Canada to live with me will be granted. Any comments or advise you can offer on our situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Buffalo will generally allow people to apply through there if they were ever admitted to the US with a 1 year visa or longer, even if they have since ended up out of status. Did she have a 1 year visa at some point?

podkayne8

Star Member
Jun 7, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2012
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
File Transfer...
06-03-2012, Tfer to Seattle 12-04-2012
Med's Done....
09-09-2011
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2012
LANDED..........
22-07-2012, PR card rec'd 21-09-2102
scylla said:
1. Start from the age of 18.
2. If you don't know the exact residential address, write down the city, country and dates.
What if I can recall all of my addresses but not the exact time periods? Is it acceptable to use approximate dates? Do I simply include a statement or something indicating some of the dates are estimates?

I've not been able to find anywhere that has this information going back as far as I need it..lol

WPG2655

Jun 21, 2011
Leon said:
Buffalo will generally allow people to apply through there if they were ever admitted to the US with a 1 year visa or longer, even if they have since ended up out of status. Did she have a 1 year visa at some point?
The short answer is no she never did have a 1 year visa in her name at some point. When she first entered the USA she obtained a 5 year visa using an alias as she was denied previously under here real name. In 2001 when she filed her family petition she was also granted a pardon for using the alias or assumed name. I am guessing all of this may not help our case with immigration canada so we would likely not want to share all of this with them. Would the fact that she has been living in the USA for 15 years (such a long period of time) and has a family based petition ongoing (it is my understanding its just a matter of time until it is approved but could take years but they will not deport her in the meantime) be a reason that she could apply through the buffalo office?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
WPG2655 said:
The short answer is no she never did have a 1 year visa in her name at some point. When she first entered the USA she obtained a 5 year visa using an alias as she was denied previously under here real name. In 2001 when she filed her family petition she was also granted a pardon for using the alias or assumed name. I am guessing all of this may not help our case with immigration canada so we would likely not want to share all of this with them. Would the fact that she has been living in the USA for 15 years (such a long period of time) and has a family based petition ongoing (it is my understanding its just a matter of time until it is approved but could take years but they will not deport her in the meantime) be a reason that she could apply through the buffalo office?
WPG2655 -

Hmmm... That's not the answer we were hoping for...

The requirement is quite specific - you must have been legally admitted to the US for at least a year in order to qualify for processing through Buffalo. Unfortunately it doesn't look like she qualifies.

As you've said, the 5 year visa obtained using an alias won't count. Neither do the 15 years she has been living in the US (because she has been there without status). The ongoing petition isn't of any help either.

If/when her application is processed through the Philippines, she won't necessarily need to attend an interview and leave the US - but there's always a chance. I see why you have such a complicated situation. I only have a passing knowledge of US immigration policies. However I suspect that if she leaves the country, her family based petition in the US will be terminated and she will receive the 10 year ban for overstay. (And I'm assuming you want to avoid the US ban if she has family there and wants to be able to visit them.)

I feel for you. You're facing a really tough situation. Even if she doesn't require an interview and is approved for PR in Canada, I think the US overstay will still be a problem if her US family petition hasn't come through by then (i.e.when she leaves the US to land in Canada she will be slapped with the 10 year US ban).

Do you have any idea how long it may take for the family petition to be finalized? If it's a year or two, it might be worth it to wait this out and obtain status in the US first (to avoid the ban).

Tough situation...

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi Leon,

I may need to travel overseas during my visa processing, so may I request CHC Mississauga and Sydney to correspond with me via email rather then through post?

Also is there any email id that we can use to send any scanned supporting documents later during the processing?

Thx n rgds

preet.1383

Jun 23, 2011
hey guys i m applying for spouse visa n my vo is london. i got a loan unpaid frm last 1 year i havent paid anything now its with collection agencies will tht b a problem in visa during my background check? i have seen a msg tht london vo asked a person n his wife(she was sponser n was in canada) to give them cr check report.....dont know why there might b some problem.....n if we talk abt pcc i got a clean pcc but tht is diff n security n backgroung checks r diff then tht. now i m worried abt mine....hey guys plz give me ur advice will tht b a problem?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WPG2655 said:
DO NOT risk not telling them about her US immigration history. Canada and US share information re immigration. Getting refused because of misrepresentation would be likely if you don't provide full disclosure.

Jesusgirl

Oct 26, 2010
Hello every..if anyone is logged on now, i wouldn't mind a response to my question. My husband received a letter from the embasy for him to retake his medical and police records over. When he first did his medical, he also took his little boy with him, now they want him and his son to retake the medical but the little boy is now living in the US with his mother; should he write a letter explaining this to immigration, does he need a letter from the mother because they are not on speaking terms.
Also what is the process once he redo his medical and police record. does he bring the receipts to the office in kingston. please help. these people are so wicked, they wait until one year then send us to redo the medical clearance again.
They have been working on the file since May 21, 2010 and now they give us 60 days to have this completed.

Please help