+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Can't remember previous addresses of sponsor

Hi Leon,

Please advice me on the following:

My husband (sponsor) can't remember some of his previous addresses (Q8, Form IMM5540 E) & the dates of residence. Can we provide his official address instead? Or approximate times for his residential address? Should we provide a stat-dec stating its approximate/to the best of memory?

Thanks for your help!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do your best on the list and write a cover letter stating which addresses and periods he isn't completely sure of.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Leon said:
Do your best on the list and write a cover letter stating which addresses and periods he isn't completely sure of.
Thanks for your reply! Pls kindly advice about:

1. Should we start from age 18 or just the last 4-5 years addresses?
2. Will city, country & dates suffice? And can his Office/Employment/University address replace residential address?

fathoom123

Apr 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July.20.2011
File Transfer...
Sep.13.2011
hi guys!! i just want an update on my application... i don't know how I'm suppose to get that..
i sent my application at the end of April.. FedEx informed me that my parcel arrived in Mississauga on may 3rd.
now do I just wait till the CPC-M gives me a response?
i sent the application from Pakistan.. i am sponsoring my husband.. who recently went out of country. and i have to inform them of the temp. change in my husband's residence... how do i inform them when i don't know anything about my application??
and will they contact me( the sponsor) or my husband (the applicant)?
please if someone can help me out please do so.. its been more then 46 days...

me and my husband are waiting desperately.. i still have my studies to finish...please help!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rrv said:
Thanks for your reply! Pls kindly advice about:

1. Should we start from age 18 or just the last 4-5 years addresses?
2. Will city, country & dates suffice? And can his Office/Employment/University address replace residential address?
1. Start from the age of 18.
2. If you don't know the exact residential address, write down the city, country and dates.

mojoliveshere

Jun 20, 2011
Re: Spousal sponsorship: Hello, and First Questions

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I will be married in the coming weeks, and will then begin the process of bringing her here from the US. In anticipation I am beginning to digest and analyze the information and process required to do this, and must thank everyone here as I have already learnt much in only the first 34 pages of this thread!

Some particulars and questions so far:

- We will be married only as long as it requires for the certificate to arrive before we send it in, though we have been together for over 3 years in total- will this short time as a married couple have any impact?
- I would like for her to join me once she submits her application, though it is likely her 6 month visitor visa will expire before she is (hopefully!) given PR- how long of an extension is possible?
- The CIC site quotes 11months for processing out of Buffalo- can anyone shed some light on recent processing times? It seems many apps from last year were processed quickly.
- I was in the US for 5.5 months this year, and included in our apartment lease- would this be included in the evidence section or elsewhere?

Please let me know if you would like more info, etc. In the meantime I will keep reading.

Thank you again everyone, finding this site was such a relief!

Mike

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

mojoliveshere said:
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I will be married in the coming weeks, and will then begin the process of bringing her here from the US. In anticipation I am beginning to digest and analyze the information and process required to do this, and must thank everyone here as I have already learnt much in only the first 34 pages of this thread!

Some particulars and questions so far:

- We will be married only as long as it requires for the certificate to arrive before we send it in, though we have been together for over 3 years in total- will this short time as a married couple have any impact?
- I would like for her to join me once she submits her application, though it is likely her 6 month visitor visa will expire before she is (hopefully!) given PR- how long of an extension is possible?
- The CIC site quotes 11months for processing out of Buffalo- can anyone shed some light on recent processing times? It seems many apps from last year were processed quickly.
- I was in the US for 5.5 months this year, and included in our apartment lease- would this be included in the evidence section or elsewhere?

Please let me know if you would like more info, etc. In the meantime I will keep reading.

Thank you again everyone, finding this site was such a relief!

Mike
1) No impact. But make sure you submit plenty of information to prove your relationship is genuine
2) Extensions of up to six months can be granted
3) 11 months is how long it took for them to complete processing for 80% of applications last year. My husband's application was processed in four months last year (I've seen a few in 3.5 months). Buffalo seems to have slowed down somewhat recently. However hopefully this is temporary.
4) Sure - might as well throw that into the evidence section.

mojoliveshere

Jun 20, 2011

scylla said:
1) No impact. But make sure you submit plenty of information to prove your relationship is genuine
2) Extensions of up to six months can be granted
3) 11 months is how long it took for them to complete processing for 80% of applications last year. My husband's application was processed in four months last year (I've seen a few in 3.5 months). Buffalo seems to have slowed down somewhat recently. However hopefully this is temporary.
4) Sure - might as well throw that into the evidence section.
Thank you very much for the quick response! Four months would be amazing. I hope it is temporary as well, we will likely submit our package in about 5 weeks so maybe it will speed up a bit in the meantime.

Thanks again scylla.

shakas

Jun 20, 2011
Hello experts here,

I have Dilemma (or maybe thats what my lawyer told me)

I first landed in 0ct 2009 for 3 days and left the country. Now, I am back (landed in april 2011) after 16 months and would like sponsor my wife. Please help in this matter...

1) Do i need to show that i have paid taxes for 2010? I havent worked in canada. Do i need to pay late fees?
2) On my second landing, the immigration officer wrote on my passport page under the date "absent since oct 2009", will this impact or delay my spousal sponsorship?
3) Also, before I arrived on 20 april here, I applied for my wifes visitor visa. Will this impact her in any way?
4) Do i have to be in the country when her paperwork is going on? or i can leave
5) And lastly, do i really need a lawyer to fight this kind of case?

I Will really appreciate the help i can get in this matter.

Thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
shakas said:
Hello experts here,

I have Dilemma (or maybe thats what my lawyer told me)

I first landed in 0ct 2009 for 3 days and left the country. Now, I am back (landed in april 2011) after 16 months and would like sponsor my wife. Please help in this matter...

1) Do i need to show that i have paid taxes for 2010? I havent worked in canada. Do i need to pay late fees?
2) On my second landing, the immigration officer wrote on my passport page under the date "absent since oct 2009", will this impact or delay my spousal sponsorship?
3) Also, before I arrived on 20 april here, I applied for my wifes visitor visa. Will this impact her in any way?
4) Do i have to be in the country when her paperwork is going on? or i can leave
5) And lastly, do i really need a lawyer to fight this kind of case?

I Will really appreciate the help i can get in this matter.

Thanks
1. You need to get an Option C printout, or show proof of how you plan to support your wife when she is given PR.
2. No, it shouldn't do so.
3. No, it shouldn't.
4. As a PR, you MUST be residing in Canada in order to sponsor your spouse or family members. You may take short trips (two weeks or so) out of the country, but 16 months or anything like it is NOT allowed. You will not be approved to sponsor her if you are out of the country.
5. Straightforward cases do not necessarily need a lawyer, it's up to you to decide if you prefer to use one.

P.S. You do not state whether you were married before or after you landed. If you were married before you landed and you did not declare your wife as your spouse, you cannot sponsor her now. If you married her after you left the country, you can still sponsor her.

shakas

Jun 20, 2011
Thanks for the update CharlieD

Yes, i got married after i got my PR.

Re: Option C, as I havent worked in Canada. So will this be like a penalty, which i dont mind paying. but then how much? and where to find out?

thanks

cjd

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Sept 11
AOR Received.
28 Jan 12
File Transfer...
13 Dec 11
Med's Request
25 June 11
Med's Done....
7 July 11
Passport Req..
Jan 28 - Feb 16 '11 ppr sent plus add'l docs
VISA ISSUED...
May 15, 2012
LANDED..........
June 11,2012 by Eva Airlines
hi Leon..
im a newbie here glad i found this kind of site..just wanna ask if i should do my medical exam first or do i need to wait cic to tell me to do so.
and second thing i have my 9 month old baby with me and its hard for me to come by ..i'm not so sure about this..is true that i need to set an appointment to the clinic where we make our medicals or its not necessary?
pls help i just wanna know before i go there.
and lastly what are those requirements to bring..
kindly advice..many thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
shakas said:
Thanks for the update CharlieD

Yes, i got married after i got my PR.

Re: Option C, as I havent worked in Canada. So will this be like a penalty, which i dont mind paying. but then how much? and where to find out?

thanks
That's a question for an accountant.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
cjd said:
hi Everyone..
im a newbie here glad i found this kind of site..just wanna ask if i should do my medical exam first or do i need to wait cic to tell me to do so.
and second thing i have my 9 month old baby with me and its hard for me to come by ..i'm not so sure about this..is true that i need to set an appointment to the clinic where we make our medicals or its not necessary?
pls help i just wanna know before i go there.
and lastly what are those requirements to bring..
kindly advice..many thanks
If you are being sponsored by your spouse, you need to do the medical before so it is submitted along with the application. If you are being sponsored by a relative or your application is skilled worker-based, you wait until CIC requests the medical. You need to contact the Designated Medical Practitioner who will be doing your medical to find out how they make these arrangements. Most persons generally have to make an appointment. You take along Appendix C of the Region Specific Form if you are being sponsored by your spouse.