+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was the child listed as accompanying or non-accompanying on the original application? If accompanying, you need to request that this be changed to non-accompanying. Your husband needs to re-do his medical and get a new police clearance and submit it right away. Also advise that the child is no longer available to re-do the medical and that it shouldn't be necessary as he is non-accompanying and has already been medically examined once.

Jesusgirl

Oct 26, 2010
Thanks rjessome, the child was non-accompanying on the original application. Thanks again for your advise. We have already booked the medical for my husband, he will be retaking it on July 1st.

kapechoo

Jun 4, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Preparing
Hello,
I have a question. I am preparing the sponsership application for my wife. They asked the date of birth of my mother as well as my wife's mother. Now the probelm is that we don't have the exact date of birth of either of the moms. Only the year of birth is available and written on nation ID card. What should I write on the forms. Please help. Thanks in advace.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kapechoo said:
Hello,
I have a question. I am preparing the sponsership application for my wife. They asked the date of birth of my mother as well as my wife's mother. Now the probelm is that we don't have the exact date of birth of either of the moms. Only the year of birth is available and written on nation ID card. What should I write on the forms. Please help. Thanks in advace.
"Unknown"

kapechoo

Jun 4, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Preparing
rjessome said:
"Unknown"
Thanks v much rjessome. But can I just write the year of birth as that is know? Do they not expect the exact date of birth? Should I write some explaination for not having the exact date of birth or not? Thanks

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kapechoo said:
Thanks v much rjessome. But can I just write the year of birth as that is know? Do they not expect the exact date of birth? Should I write some explaination for not having the exact date of birth or not? Thanks
Yes, fill in what you know and handwrite Unknown in the blank area. In your cover letter, you can explain why you don't know the exact date.

kapechoo

Jun 4, 2011
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Preparing
rjessome said:
Yes, fill in what you know and handwrite Unknown in the blank area. In your cover letter, you can explain why you don't know the exact date.
Thanks you very much rjessome.

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hi lron and friends...pls can u advise me ..im wish to go to my homeland for marriage wit my fiancee...then im thinking of taking her with me on visitor visa ..i will make the ncessary procedures for sponsoring her ....
i hv the following Q pls can u enlight me ....

1 i wish to know if i want to sponsor her ...does she come on visitor visa then i make the legal marriage in canada then i make the sponsoring procedures ?

2. Do i have to make the legal marriage in my home country also and bring the marriage certificate here and then launched the procedure ....

3. i wish to know how long does the procedures for inland sponsoring usually takes in toronto ?

4. do u hv a link for furter details on the inland sponsoring dear ?

With thanx for the wonderful work u are doing
adi

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dila2401 said:
hi lron and friends...pls can u advise me ..im wish to go to my homeland for marriage wit my fiancee...then im thinking of taking her with me on visitor visa ..i will make the ncessary procedures for sponsoring her ....
i hv the following Q pls can u enlight me ....

1 i wish to know if i want to sponsor her ...does she come on visitor visa then i make the legal marriage in canada then i make the sponsoring procedures ? as long as the marriage is legal in the country where performed it will be recognized in canada

2. Do i have to make the legal marriage in my home country also and bring the marriage certificate here and then launched the procedure .... u can sponsor from the country of your spouse but if u do reside out of canada u have to include intent to resettle in canada in ur application or u can wait until u return to canada to start the process

3. i wish to know how long does the procedures for inland sponsoring usually takes in toronto ? inland stage 1 can take 9 mths to complete most outland app can be done in that time so people normally always recommend outland

With thanx for the wonderful work u are doing
adi

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dila2401 said:
1 i wish to know if i want to sponsor her ...does she come on visitor visa then i make the legal marriage in canada then i make the sponsoring procedures ?

2. Do i have to make the legal marriage in my home country also and bring the marriage certificate here and then launched the procedure ....
You can marry where you want to. If your girlfriend is not visa exempt, then you might have a problem getting a visit visa for her.

dila2401 said:
3. i wish to know how long does the procedures for inland sponsoring usually takes in toronto ?
Inland is 9-10 months first stage approval on average and 9 to get PR after that. I do not know if Toronto timelines are faster or slower than average.

dila2401 said:
Know that you can apply outland regardless of if your spouse is in Canada visiting and outland is often faster than inland.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Leon said:
Inland is 9-10 months first stage approval on average and 9 to get PR after that. I do not know if Toronto timelines are faster or slower than average.
Just wanted to confirm that yes that is the average but many people that have applied inland have gotten both stages finished at the same time and landed within 11-12 months. Just wanted to shed some light on it too. And I believe that Toronto doesn't have a local CIC office. Your local office would depend on whether you are located in the East or West side of Toronto. So it could go to either Etobicoke or Scarborough usually.

arian74

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2011
Doc's Request.
July 12, 2011 (Appendix A, PP, Libyan Police Clearance
File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
Hello everyone. Hope someone can help me out. I am sponsoring my husband from the Philippines. We married in January 2011. It took us 3 months to receive original copies of marriage certificate so our application was sent May 2. According to ECas a DECISION was made June 13 and I am suppose to receive a letter from them. Since Canada Post in on strike, I have not received any. I feel like I am being rubbed of the experience of being a newlywed..but I guess this is how life of an immigrant goes. I even sent a letter to my MP asking for any help or advise she can give but her office said they couldn't as we are to follow the guidelines of the CIC. My friend from UK who married two weeks before me had already her husband joined her. I am happy for her but I felt a little bit of jealousy. Oh, I shouldn't be! I guess UK is different from Canada. And if another person asked me again if how is married life and when is my husband coming...i'll be screaming and might rip their heads off! Naahh....I am just kidding on that one. Although I am getting close to being annoyed from their REPEATED questions.
Sorry guys. I can't get straight to my question and felt the need to ventilate. So my question is, Can my husband apply for TEMPORARY VISA while waiting for our application for spousal sponsorship? My coworker from Hongkong said that's what her cousin's husband did. I already send supporting documents like Option C, letter of employment and invitation letter to my husband. But before he applies, we would like to wait what my STRANDED letter is saying or make sure that at least our application has been forwarded in the visa centre in the Philippines. In case they might ask for more documents, he is still there to attend to it. Once he is approved and already here, I am not sure if they will make him go back to the Philippines and then reenter Canada again. Also, i was reading the spousal sponsorship TIMELINE forum for Philippines and it seems like they will require him to submit his passport way before they grant him a visa. So would it mean he can be in Canada for Temporary Visa but his passport is in the Philippines awaiting for his Immigrant visa?
Thanks everyone.

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
Need a few things clarified !
I am a US citizen being sponsored by my Canadian husband. I called today to make an appointment for myself and daughter for our medicals, they told me that I need a form stamped by the Canadian goverment in order for them to do them. Everything I read says we send everything together at once ! So can someone tell me the order in which we need to do what. We have been in a relationship for 3 years married in March and we do not want to be apart any longer !!!!!!
Thank you in advance for your help !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vanoh said:
Need a few things clarified !
I am a US citizen being sponsored by my Canadian husband. I called today to make an appointment for myself and daughter for our medicals, they told me that I need a form stamped by the Canadian goverment in order for them to do them. Everything I read says we send everything together at once ! So can someone tell me the order in which we need to do what. We have been in a relationship for 3 years married in March and we do not want to be apart any longer !!!!!!
Thank you in advance for your help !
They're wrong - you're right. You need to complete the medical in advance and send evidence that the medical has been completed with your application. The DMP is confusing the spousal process with the parent sponsorship stream (for the parent sponsorship stream, you don't do the medical until requested). Call them again and insist that you need the medical done now. If necessary, tell them you called the CIC and they confirmed that you must do the medical in advance or your application won't be accepted. It sounds like the receptionist at the DMP's office doesn't really know his/her the process and that's why you got bad info. Good luck!!!