File Transfer...
June 13, 2011
Med's Done....
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
July 12, 2011
vanoh said:
Need a few things clarified !
I am a US citizen being sponsored by my Canadian husband. I called today to make an appointment for myself and daughter for our medicals, they told me that I need a form stamped by the Canadian goverment in order for them to do them. Everything I read says we send everything together at once ! So can someone tell me the order in which we need to do what. We have been in a relationship for 3 years married in March and we do not want to be apart any longer !!!!!!
Thank you in advance for your help !
Look up for the accredited medical office listed in the immigration website. Bring with you the medical form and pictures as specified. They will give you a receipt that you will send along with your application form. They will forward the result to your visa office. No copy will be send to you. Hope this helps.

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
[/quote]
arian74 said:
Look up for the accredited medical office listed in the immigration website. Bring with you the medical form and pictures as specified. They will give you a receipt that you will send along with your application form. They will forward the result to your visa office. No copy will be send to you. Hope this helps.
I did call the office from the website, they did tell me they do very few for US to Canada. I was sure I was right when they told me that. I will be calling them back. I also emailed the CIC confirmed that you and I are right. Thank you for your help ! both you and the other person who answered. It is sooooo frustrating. I got my background check back for the 2nd time and it will expire before we can get our paperwork filed so I will have to send off for that a 3rd time !!!!!! It was done on June 3rd and I did not receive it until June 23, I cannot do the medical until Aug 3 so it will expire before we can send them. Good luck to everyone on their journey. All I can say is I found the love of a lifetime and he is worth it :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanoh said:
I did call the office from the website, they did tell me they do very few for US to Canada. I was sure I was right when they told me that. I will be calling them back. I also emailed the CIC confirmed that you and I are right. Thank you for your help ! both you and the other person who answered. It is sooooo frustrating. I got my background check back for the 2nd time and it will expire before we can get our paperwork filed so I will have to send off for that a 3rd time !!!!!! It was done on June 3rd and I did not receive it until June 23, I cannot do the medical until Aug 3 so it will expire before we can send them. Good luck to everyone on their journey. All I can say is I found the love of a lifetime and he is worth it :)
You have 3 months from the date the police clearance was issued. You can't send the application before September 3?

vanoh

Jun 13, 2011
rjessome said:
You have 3 months from the date the police clearance was issued. You can't send the application before September 3?
Do they go by post mark or when they receive it?

moyrzg

Jun 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-11 received by MIKE on 08-07-11
Doc's Request.
BD encashed as per email 18aug2011
Nomination.....
2nd Mail Aor by singapore v.o --- 24 oct 2011
AOR Received.
1st PER RECEIVED 4TH OCTOBER
IELTS Request
submitted with application:GENERAL
File Transfer...
ECAS: We Started Processing on.October 24,2012
Med's Request
medical results have been received on ecas as of 3pm 28jan 2013
Med's Done....
medical done nov 22 sent to manila embassy dec 13
LEON,
PLs help me.... do i have a strong case? has any one applied in Federal Skilled Worker - Same Sex Got approved?

I am primary and partner dependent, applying soon...but i worry what if? i want our dreams to be reality....

thank u....

make me believe in miracles..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you meet the criteria of the FSW program and your relationship meets the definition for married or common-law, there is no reason why you wouldn't be approved.

kuku

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/08/2011
Doc's Request.
None so far
AOR Received.
NEVER
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
5/07/2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24/11/2011 ( E CAS changed to "In process' on 5/2/2012.
VISA ISSUED...
12/02/2012
LANDED..........
10/03/2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship- a que about residential address of spouse

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks to all for such a wonderful thread. I am new to this forum.

i have few specific question about sponsoring my wife who is back in India currently. We got married 8 months back.

My question is

1- In residential address section of the form ( application for PR) , which address should be written. My wife is currently staying with her parents in other city. and we did not get a chance to change address in her passport. So she still has her parents' address in passport where she was living before marriage. we do not have any proof of her with my address where we lived post marriage.

So which address should be written ... is it her address where she is right now with her parents and as per passport ?? or she should write our address where we lived post marriage... kindly note that we do not have any proof of new address... at max we can get a bank statement of our joint account with new address on it.

2- second question is about Police clearance certificate. Is it country specific for India? she has got one from where she is living right now...but she does not have one with our address from our city where we lived for few months after marriage ...
is it necessary to get PCC from both cities ?

I will heartliy appreciate your suggestions guys..

Thanks in advance.

A

anna_strose

hello! ,new member..don't know the timeline yet i'm worried if how many months will i wait.. my husband in winnipeg the application is just been filed on june 29,2011...how many days they will receive it in mississauga? and how will i know if they approve our application?then if they approve, what is the next step and usually for spouse and 1 child how long it really takes for us to wait?????

arcticcat43

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

New to this site and have some questions, wondering if anyone has the answers. I am a born and raised Canadian, my Fiance is here on a refugee claim with the IRB, she came to Canada in early Jan 2010, we meet online Aug 29, 10 and hit it off immediately. I flew to Toronto to meet her in late Oct 2011, late Nov 2011 and spent Christmas 2011 with her and her daughter. Her and her daughter then moved to my home in Saskatchewan on Jan 26, 2011. I actually proposed to her on Oct 30, 2010 and we are planning to marry on Aug 12, 2011. That is a short version of how we meet and were we are at now.

My question is, she has not had her first hearing with the IRB in regards to her refugee claim and we are marrying in August. Should we fill out the In Canada Class Spousal Sponsorship Application as soon as we have all of the documents after we get married or should we wait until her first hearing with the IRB has been done. We will also be sending the necessary documents to the IRB as soon as we get the Official Marriage Certificate from the Government of Saskatchewan.

I will greatly appreciate any answers and suggestions

Thanks

And Good Luck To All Of You

Be

Jan 9, 2011
I recently (in March) married an Israeli citizen here in Canada. We were about to apply for his permanent residence this week, but a very close friend of his just died and he would like to go back to Israel for the funeral this week. What are the complications of leaving and coming back (we have not applied yet). Will he have any problems if he gets a round trip ticket from Vancouver to Israel? We don't want to lie, we want to be open and tell the immigration officers that we are planning to apply for his permanent residence after he comes back (next week).

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not familiar with refugee cases. I think you should contact CIC (call centre) and ask them if you should withdraw the refugee claim before filing spousal sponsorship or if you should keep both of them going.

arcticcat43 said:
Hi everyone,

New to this site and have some questions, wondering if anyone has the answers. I am a born and raised Canadian, my Fiance is here on a refugee claim with the IRB, she came to Canada in early Jan 2010, we meet online Aug 29, 10 and hit it off immediately. I flew to Toronto to meet her in late Oct 2011, late Nov 2011 and spent Christmas 2011 with her and her daughter. Her and her daughter then moved to my home in Saskatchewan on Jan 26, 2011. I actually proposed to her on Oct 30, 2010 and we are planning to marry on Aug 12, 2011. That is a short version of how we meet and were we are at now.

My question is, she has not had her first hearing with the IRB in regards to her refugee claim and we are marrying in August. Should we fill out the In Canada Class Spousal Sponsorship Application as soon as we have all of the documents after we get married or should we wait until her first hearing with the IRB has been done. We will also be sending the necessary documents to the IRB as soon as we get the Official Marriage Certificate from the Government of Saskatchewan.

I will greatly appreciate any answers and suggestions

Thanks

And Good Luck To All Of You

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
??? ???

after receiving my PP with visa?? whats next??

arcticcat43

Jul 1, 2011
Saskatchewan, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
I am not familiar with refugee cases. I think you should contact CIC (call centre) and ask them if you should withdraw the refugee claim before filing spousal sponsorship or if you should keep both of them going.
Thanks Leon,

If there is anyone out there familiar with Refugee Claims and Spousal sponsership it would be great to here from you.