+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
Hello friends need urgent help please!

We have already submitted our MRC (Marriage Registration Certificate) from Nadra but now they are asking us to provide with a certified and notarized translation of Nikkah Nama
Where I can find certified translator in Islamabad/Pakistan?

Waiting thanks!
Same thing happened with me when i first submitted my application. Go near ministry of foreign affairs office and ask anyone, there will be a translator sitting there, get your nikkah nama translated and then attested and dont need to notarize it but your wish if yiu want to and then submit jt. The same guy will also make an affidavit, submit that too. That affidavit is not to be attested, ministry wont attest it and its ok.

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
Hi guys

I am in Canada, spouse is not here and I am applying for her spousal sponsorship. Just wondering what is the requirement of me being in country when I apply - Can I submit the application while I am travelling to another country on work or vacation? Can I travel to other countries for work/ vacation after I press submit on the application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys

I am in Canada, spouse is not here and I am applying for her spousal sponsorship. Just wondering what is the requirement of me being in country when I apply - Can I submit the application while I am travelling to another country on work or vacation? Can I travel to other countries for work/ vacation after I press submit on the application.
As the sponsor, recommend you apply from within Canada if you reside in Canada.
-if you're a PR, you MUST apply from within Canada.
-if you're a citizen, they may end up asking for additional stuff (intent to return to Canada) if applying from abroad. (Applying from outside although resident in Canada might trigger these additional requests, but might not. Why risk it?)

If you're a PR, you can do 'short trips' abroad while in process. If you're a citizen, no issue - although long absences might trigger the bits above (probably not unless clearly not living in Canada).

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
Thanks
As the sponsor, recommend you apply from within Canada if you reside in Canada.
-if you're a PR, you MUST apply from within Canada.
-if you're a citizen, they may end up asking for additional stuff (intent to return to Canada) if applying from abroad. (Applying from outside although resident in Canada might trigger these additional requests, but might not. Why risk it?)

If you're a PR, you can do 'short trips' abroad while in process. If you're a citizen, no issue - although long absences might trigger the bits above (probably not unless clearly not living in Canada).
Thanks for your response armoured.

When you say apply you mean, the submission of the application or do you mean till I receive AOR.
What I mean is , I can go for 10-12 days of work/ vacation after I press submit on the application or would official submission be when I receive AOR?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks

Thanks for your response armoured.

When you say apply you mean, the submission of the application or do you mean till I receive AOR.
What I mean is , I can go for 10-12 days of work/ vacation after I press submit on the application or would official submission be when I receive AOR?
I mean the submission. At any rate, 10-12 day absences shouldn't be an issue.

Some claim staying in Canada until AOR avoids issues, I'm not convinced. But again, short absences like <2 weeks not an issue.

foxonefoxone

Dec 21, 2019
Excellent. Thanks alot.

Also, how does one upload all the pictures etc that show stuff before and after the wedding? I did put them in one pdf but cant find a.) under what title do I upload these pictures on the portal. b.) it restricts me to a file size of 4MB which is very restrictive. What should I do.

Thanks again.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Good morning,

I would like to know if someone in this group has similar situation. My mom received an email May 1, 2024 about the refund of $510 and no explanation in the letter on what that refund is for. Then May 11, She receive email about her meeting the criteria of being a sponsor, Her husband and the husband dependent already receive a Biometrics and Medical request. So we are very confused. We called the contact center and told us they can only see refund initiated and no reason attached and should just wait for the officer to get back to her for the reason as we submitted web form inquiry.

kiwbelle

May 14, 2024
Kia Ora,
I came into Canada under spousal sponsorship
Application received February 2024
AOR I don't have one
Biometrics completed 25 April
Medical completed 30 April
Background check in progress
Eligibility not started.
I don't have an AOR is that a worry? Or the fact that I have had biometrics and medical that its ok?
Ngā mihi nui
Kiwi in Canada

RandomName79

Dec 27, 2023
Hello everyone,

Question: Once you get your passport request letter (ppr), are you able to submit your passport to any Canadian VFS visa office in the world? Or does it have to he a VFS in the PA's country?

ritt88

Nov 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,

So we applied for Spousal Outland Sponsorship in November 2023. We then received the AOR in December 2023, a month and a half after we applied. Since then there has been no movement on the application at all. We even ordered GCMS notes in April, and found out that my eligibility as a sponsor has not started yet. Since then we have made multiple calls to IRCC to ask for an update. They have said there is no update, and the same that sponsor eligibility has not started yet so nothing has been done for the primary applicant. They said the average processing time is 13 months and they are within the timeline. They also said that since the application has not been refused or returned so there is no need to worry. My main concern is that if eligibility for the sponsor has not started after 6.5 months what are the chances that anything will change after 13 months. This does not seem normal at all for their processing. Is there anything at all anyone can suggest apart from the patient waiting that we have been doing for so long? I simply fail to understand why are they not even bothered to look at our application after we submitted all the paperwork they asked for..

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated as I do not think anything will change even at the 13 month mark.

Thanks

Reactions: zaynwithay

zaynwithay

Mar 29, 2024
Hi Everyone,

So we applied for Spousal Outland Sponsorship in November 2023. We then received the AOR in December 2023, a month and a half after we applied. Since then there has been no movement on the application at all. We even ordered GCMS notes in April, and found out that my eligibility as a sponsor has not started yet. Since then we have made multiple calls to IRCC to ask for an update. They have said there is no update, and the same that sponsor eligibility has not started yet so nothing has been done for the primary applicant. They said the average processing time is 13 months and they are within the timeline. They also said that since the application has not been refused or returned so there is no need to worry. My main concern is that if eligibility for the sponsor has not started after 6.5 months what are the chances that anything will change after 13 months. This does not seem normal at all for their processing. Is there anything at all anyone can suggest apart from the patient waiting that we have been doing for so long? I simply fail to understand why are they not even bothered to look at our application after we submitted all the paperwork they asked for..

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated as I do not think anything will change even at the 13 month mark.

Thanks
Before i say anything, Calm down! Be patient! I am speaking from knowledge, there have been cases in the past with such scenarios. You will recieve an update soon. And it is possible, many people have recieved biometric and medical requests at once with their pre arrival and a month later they get copr. It differes case to case. Me, a friend and my cousin applied togather for our wives. For all 3 of us we had no similarity in the way our application was processed though it went to the same visa offfice. One has already recieved his copr, one has reached till pre arrival andd i am still waiting for PAs eligibility to be completed. Let them take their 13 months, they will update you before that. Recently a case was not completed within time and they filed a case against IRCC and claimed 2500 dollars. IRCC wants to process the applications in the standard time so dont worry and be patient.

Best advice is to forget you even applied and live your life normal, check your email weekly not daily for this. Be easy. I made a mistake of staying stressed all the time too. Everything worked out in the end. Hope my words resonate with you and you actually understand why everyone asks you to be patient.

anushka@sharma

Mar 31, 2024
My Husband received the pre-arrival services document (IMM5081) on May 20, 2024. Does anyone have any idea when we can expect to get the next update?

Applied for Spousal Sponsorship (Outland) from India on Jan 28, 2024
Medical, Biometrics and Eligibility are completed
Background Verification in process