VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
No, it doesn't matter.

karld

Jun 13, 2011
Hi there

I'm a canadian living in Australia, 7 years now.
My wife is australian and we've been married 7 years. We've got two kids (born australian) and were planning on moving to Canada this year, until i realized how long the process takes.

We're still moving but now the plans are going to be delayed a bit.

My parents live in mississauaga, really to close to the processing centre actually, and we'd be moving to Ontario.

I'm a professional engineer, so finding work in Canada should not be too difficult for me.

Just wondering what is the best approach here. Should I apply through Sydney, or we all move over and then apply inland.

I'm thinking to wait it out here for my wife's PR just so things happen more smoothly (including health care etc).

Any advice in this case. I've read through most of this thread, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks all!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
karld said:
Hi there

I'm a canadian living in Australia, 7 years now.
My wife is australian and we've been married 7 years. We've got two kids (born australian) and were planning on moving to Canada this year, until i realized how long the process takes.

We're still moving but now the plans are going to be delayed a bit.

My parents live in mississauaga, really to close to the processing centre actually, and we'd be moving to Ontario.

I'm a professional engineer, so finding work in Canada should not be too difficult for me.

Just wondering what is the best approach here. Should I apply through Sydney, or we all move over and then apply inland.

I'm thinking to wait it out here for my wife's PR just so things happen more smoothly (including health care etc).

Any advice in this case. I've read through most of this thread, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks all!!
I would apply outland and wait out the application processing in Australia. The processing time for inland application is fairly long and you could be done in just a few months if you apply inland.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I would apply outland and wait out the application processing in Australia. The processing time for inland application is fairly long and you could be done in just a few months if you apply inland.
And your kids have Canadian citizenship by decent so work on applying for that as well.

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
hi there, i am under the live in caregiver program and when i initially completed my forms to work in canada, my boyfriend of 6 years was going through a brief period of separation. consequently i declared on my form that i dont have a common law partner. we have reconciled and I am approaching my the end of my two years and would like to add him to my papers when i submit them. We share joint investment accounts for over three years and i am wondering if i can still sponsor him as my common law dependent or if it will pose a problem due to my declaration of no partner in the initial stage.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kemoya22 said:
hi there, i am under the live in caregiver program and when i initially completed my forms to work in canada, my boyfriend of 6 years was going through a brief period of separation. consequently i declared on my form that i dont have a common law partner. we have reconciled and I am approaching my the end of my two years and would like to add him to my papers when i submit them. We share joint investment accounts for over three years and i am wondering if i can still sponsor him as my common law dependent or if it will pose a problem due to my declaration of no partner in the initial stage.
You can't now declare him as your common-law partner, especially since you've been living the past 2 years in Canada. You could get married.

AlanAmil

Nov 14, 2008
Hi to all,

Can someone tell me the information or requirements to get a visa for my Family? I am currently here in Canada; my employer applied me for BC PNP and still waiting for the result. The reason I ask this, to have my wife prepare all the information just in case the application got approved. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Alanamil

mlink

Jun 14, 2011
Couple questions - hope someone can help.

#1 - Wife married me last year - she's been here for 7 years (school + work permit) we applied for her PR (inland) + open work permit extension (to be done when stage 1 approval is completed) last dec. So it's not going to go into stage 1 until probably Oct this year. Her work permit expires at the end of the summer - I'm assuming she can stay here legally until she receives a response on her application? She stopped working at the end of the year since I can easily support the both of us.

#2 - Since she is not working, her MSP is going to expire at the end of Aug. They told us she needs a new permit before she can renew it. Does this mean we are going to have to go with a private insurance company until her new permit comes in? We were told she may be able to get a refund on any medical issues that arise during the expired time frame, once she receives her new permit. Is that true?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Once her work permit expires, she has 3 months to restore her status or leave. What she can do is apply to change her status to visitor shortly before it expires and then she will be on implied status until she hears back from them. Make sure to state in the application to change status that you are in the process of applying for sponsorship inland and include your file number.

2. A visitor in Canada generally will not have health care so she will likely be without it until she gets the 1st stage approval. You should bridge the gap with an emergency/accident insurance.

mlink

Jun 14, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Just so I am clear - even though we applied for a work permit extension along with the PR app, she can't stay here on implied status unless she changes her status to visitor?

Edit: After looking into it a bit more, it looks like a normal work permit extension application would qualify under implied status, however since we told them not to process the WP app until stage 1 approval, I'm confused on whether or not they would even process the PR app, since they wouldn't process the WP app until stage 1 approval.

In this case, changing her status to a visitor makes sense - is that correct? or will they look at the WP app at the same time?

Sorry, I'm confused a bit. Even though she isn't working right now, we wanted to extend her work permit just in case she decided to go back at some point during implied status.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she has a work permit now and applies to extend it, she would be under implied status as a worker. I do not think that applying for an OWP she may get in 9 or 10 months would give her implied status to continue working.

TracyS

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
AOR Received.
11-04-2011
File Transfer...
28-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
Hi Karld

I'm Australian and my husband is Canadian. We applied in late February for permanent residence for me and Sydney have just requested my passport for the visa (and that was including a month delay due to me forgetting something in the application). Sydney is very fast and efficient at processing at the moment so I'd definitely recommend applying there. Also, as rjessome suggested, start the application process for your children's citizenship. We got our son's Canadian citizenship card within 4 months of applying. Good luck :)

perzlab21

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 10, 2012
File Transfer...
July 11, 2012
Med's Done....
March 10, 2012
Passport Req..
September 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 15, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23, 2012
Hi there!

I just got married last February - and stayed only 15 days in the Philippines
My husband is working in a cruise ship as an attendant. He needs to finish his last contract next year probably going back to the
Philippines on February. I have all the requirements to sponsor him - and planning to submit it on October because he is coming back
in the country (Philippines) on February.

The problem now is he had his medical ahead of time (he did it last march) - and the doctor said that he needs to undergo sputum test and after that another x-ray
again. He did not perform or did not finish this as he needs to go on board. I had the copy of the medical but, yesterday my in-laws got a letter for my husband from immigration following up the medical the he did not finish as they said it is INCOMPLETE.

I am very stress now if this will be a big problem if i file the application - is it questionable that we did not do any actions about the medical problem? as i'm thinking that it will expire on march and needs to be done again. He can only do the sputum test and another x-ray when he comes back on February.

hope someone can help me. thank you!

Ali_Shah

May 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Leon Brother i have a quesiton about my fees which my wife paid online in canada almost 2 weeks ago but still i'm waiting for the receipt of landing fees... i'm very upset now cuz my passport is in chc-isb since 2nd june, do you have any idea how to convence chc-isb that i submitted my landing fees in canada???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ali_Shah said:
Dear Leon Brother i have a quesiton about my fees which my wife paid online in canada almost 2 weeks ago but still i'm waiting for the receipt of landing fees... i'm very upset now cuz my passport is in chc-isb since 2nd june, do you have any idea how to convence chc-isb that i submitted my landing fees in canada???
It can take up to 6 weeks for the landing fee to be processed after it has been paid. Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do other than wait and hope yours is processed faster.