+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Mandeep 411

Sep 17, 2023
Hello my husband withdrawal family sponsorship Canada without consulting with me. His family said he cannot help for three years of undertaking sponsorship thing. Now they are forcing me to divorce. What can I do? Can I go on visitor visa to talk to my husband? Or there are any other thing which can help me so. I am totally devastated. Please reply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello my husband withdrawal family sponsorship Canada without consulting with me. His family said he cannot help for three years of undertaking sponsorship thing. Now they are forcing me to divorce. What can I do? Can I go on visitor visa to talk to my husband? Or there are any other thing which can help me so. I am totally devastated. Please reply
I am so sorry. If you really want to talk to him then you can apply for a TRV. You need to show your own funds, travel history and ties to return (job letter with approved leave, business, income properties etc.). Given you are married to someone in Canada, chances are lower to get a TRV. If husband decides to withdraw sponsorship before you land in Canada, he can do so. If you want to come to Canada to live then look at immigration programs or come and study.

Reactions: nyantaro19

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: manu8001

mary_27

Sep 20, 2015
Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask for opinions from anyone with a similar experience over here. My mother has become a permanent resident through the parent sponsorship program. She would like my father to join her here in Canada, however he doesn't have PR nor a tourist visa.
I wonder if there is a way for my mother as a PR to sponsor my father for PR, so that he can join her here. She does not have a job in Canada at the momemt.

I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.
Thanks,
Mary

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask for opinions from anyone with a similar experience over here. My mother has become a permanent resident through the parent sponsorship program. She would like my father to join her here in Canada, however he doesn't have PR nor a tourist visa.
I wonder if there is a way for my mother as a PR to sponsor my father for PR, so that he can join her here. She does not have a job in Canada at the momemt.

Thanks,
Mary
When did your mother become a PR? If it was after she and your father were married...it could be a problem.

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hi folks - Need some advice.
My wife has been on a visit to Canada for over six months now. I have her extended stay approved. She went through her medical in Canada but due to a nudle in her lungs, IRCC asked to conduct another medical after three months.

During this period, my wife got pregnant. So now, we don't want to continue the chest X-ray due to pregnancy. we have informed our IRCC medical doctor in Canada about the pregnancy. The IRCC doctor said she would inform to the IRCC about and they will send us another date for the chest x-ray. The IRCC doctor said we don't need to inform this IRCC.

My question is should we also inform to IRCC directly or only rely on the doctor to inform the pregnancy to IRCC? since our IRCC doctor is dealing with our medical test and results. please share your thoughts on this. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Mary
I assume your father was included as a non-accompanying dependent in your mother's parent sponsorship application. If so and he took the medical and provided PCCs, then your mother can certainly sponsor him now.

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Just submitted our inland spousal application and received acknowledgement of submission. Anything else that we need to do besides just wait? What is needed besides AOR to be able to apply for SOWP, and once getting the SOWP (PA is currently on Closed WP through employer) is there a need to do SOWP visa stamping?

mannpunia

Apr 25, 2024
Hi Just a quick question, mu spouse's medical is expiring in end of May and our spousal application is still in process with "Background Check - not applicable". We lodged it in December and got AOR in January. Are there any chances that we may receive PPR before expiration of Medical or we will have to go through again for medical? Note: My Spouse was a non-accompanying member in my PR application.
It also shows in Tracker that it was updated on 29 April, but there is no change in GCKEY account
Posting it again bcz didn't get reply last time. :)

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi Just a quick question, mu spouse's medical is expiring in end of May and our spousal application is still in process with "Background Check - not applicable". We lodged it in December and got AOR in January. Are there any chances that we may receive PPR before expiration of Medical or we will have to go through again for medical? Note: My Spouse was a non-accompanying member in my PR application.
It also shows in Tracker that it was updated on 29 April, but there is no change in GCKEY account
Posting it again bcz didn't get reply last time. :)
is your spouse outland and I suppose the medical is from previous (your) application? Unless your spouse is in Canada, there is no way this that they will grant COPR and, if required, a visa since the the applicant must land within the validity of COPR which is tied to medical.