Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
hello guys,

Decision made on ecas, now how long will it take for LA to dispatch my PPR to USPS, then how long USPS will take to ship it from LA to Toronto( regular mail, because LA only ships to canada with regular mail)

any ideas?

Thanks

leuvina nicolas

May 26, 2012
Thank you! this is very helpful ;-)

But I was wondering, is it really just 2 weeks that i could stay for vacation?

This is my situation, my status here is a PR, and we are planning to get married this december, does that mean in order for me to apply for my husband to be, as a PR i have to be back here like 2 weeks after our marriage? Is it possible for me to stay longer? or that would also prolong the process of our application?...

Thank you!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
leuvina nicolas said:
Thank you! this is very helpful ;-)

But I was wondering, is it really just 2 weeks that i could stay for vacation?

This is my situation, my status here is a PR, and we are planning to get married this december, does that mean in order for me to apply for my husband to be, as a PR i have to be back here like 2 weeks after our marriage? Is it possible for me to stay longer? or that would also prolong the process of our application?...
You can stay outside of Canada as long as you want. However you will need to wait until you are back in Canada before you submit the PR application. Also, once you submit the PR application, you should limit your trips outside of the country to a maximum of 3 weeks to ensure it's clear you're living in Canada and there's no chance the applicaiton may be refused due to your non-residency.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
I.kat said:
Hello, I would appreciate any response to my question.

When I sent the application to sponsor my husband in april 2012, I only included the Iraqi police certificate since at the time he did not stay at any other country for more than six months. But when they requested the appendix A in January 2013, my husband had stayed in Syria for more than six months and I had to update them with this information.

Currently my application is under security check.

Will they request a police certificate from Syria? Will the security check take longer because there is no police certificate from Syria?
Security checks are not the same as police checks. The latter look for criminal record information. The former (security checks) look for war crimes, organized crime ties, terrorist ties, etc. These latter do not typically show up in a police records check. For some countries this can take a very long time; this is especially true in countries like Syria where diplomatic missions have been closed.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
computergeek said:
Security checks are not the same as police checks. The latter look for criminal record information. The former (security checks) look for war crimes, organized crime ties, terrorist ties, etc. These latter do not typically show up in a police records check. For some countries this can take a very long time; this is especially true in countries like Syria where diplomatic missions have been closed.

Oh I see. Either way I can't do anything but wait but I was just curious. Thank you for your reply :D

Richie Robert

Mar 19, 2013
Hi,

I sent an application to CIC on 26th of July 2013, while sending the application I missed sending the Birth certificate of my wife being sponsored, Photo copy of my wife as per visa specification and form IMM5669. I sent these on 29th of July 2013 to the same address. I got a mail from them on 15th of August 2013 saying they received my application for sponsoring a member of family class. Today 9th of September 2013 I got a mail from cic saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. My doubt is would they have received my missed documents which I sent to them on 29th of July? Or will I have to send these to the Delhi visa office? Please Advise!!

Karlita

Sep 9, 2013
Hi!
I am from Mexico, we applied for PR for me, my husband is a canadian citizen, the last document CIC asked for I sent it on May, 2013, CIC asked five times to get done a medical exam that was made on august 2012, they kept saying that they have them and then they asked again for it. I see so many skilled workers with their cases done, but no one cares for families. Am I the only one? I know PAFSO is on strike, but why takes so long? I have two kids with my husband and seems like priority is everything but families. We started the process on february 2011.
Please help!

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Richie Robert said:
Hi,

I sent an application to CIC on 26th of July 2013, while sending the application I missed sending the Birth certificate of my wife being sponsored, Photo copy of my wife as per visa specification and form IMM5669. I sent these on 29th of July 2013 to the same address. I got a mail from them on 15th of August 2013 saying they received my application for sponsoring a member of family class. Today 9th of September 2013 I got a mail from cic saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. My doubt is would they have received my missed documents which I sent to them on 29th of July? Or will I have to send these to the Delhi visa office? Please Advise!!
Richie Robert,

Part of the first stage approval is where they do checks to make sure that all the required documents have been submitted.

"What happens to your application at the Case Processing Centre?
Phase: Completeness check

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) reviews your application to make sure that:

all required fields in your application forms are complete,
you submitted all required documents, including the required forms and documents of the person you are sponsoring,
the correct processing fee payment has been made, and
all of the application forms have been signed."

It can be found here. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#3900E7, under WHAT HAPPENS NEXT.

You should be fine. If New Delhi needs anything then they will ask you for it.

Hope this helps

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
Hello guys
i have 1 question please...the proof which we send as a ongoing relationship like chats,emails..we need to send these docs with attested by notary?Huh

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
Steve Jones said:
Hello guys
i have 1 question please...the proof which we send as a ongoing relationship like chats,emails..we need to send these docs with attested by notary?Huh
no. that should not be necessary. photocopies of official documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates etc) should be notarised, but print outs of emails, copies of pictures, tickets, chats do not need to be notarised.

unless you want to spend all that money!!

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
bethfaint said:
no. that should not be necessary. photocopies of official documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates etc) should be notarised, but print outs of emails, copies of pictures, tickets, chats do not need to be notarised.

unless you want to spend all that money!!
Thank u so much for reply dear
one more question if u can help me out please-this is love marriage and we just send the Skype and facebook chats logs (No phone bills) so is it okay as a relationship proof...

bethfaint

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-26-2012
AOR Received.
12-21-2012
Med's Done....
10-20-2012
LANDED..........
12-11-2013
Steve Jones said:
Thank u so much for reply dear
one more question if u can help me out please-this is love marriage and we just send the Skype and facebook chats logs (No phone bills) so is it okay as a relationship proof...
Yes, that should be fine. Make sure you include the entire webpage that you print them from so they can verify they actually came from facebook or skype or gmail etc.
You also need pictures, tickets for events you went to together (cinema, zoo, concerts), i also sent copies (not originals! i wanted to keep them!) or valentines cards and birthday cards he sent me. We had been together for 4 years and living together for over 1 and also married, but you can never be too sure.

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
bethfaint said:
Yes, that should be fine. Make sure you include the entire webpage that you print them from so they can verify they actually came from facebook or skype or gmail etc.
You also need pictures, tickets for events you went to together (cinema, zoo, concerts), i also sent copies (not originals! i wanted to keep them!) or valentines cards and birthday cards he sent me. We had been together for 4 years and living together for over 1 and also married, but you can never be too sure.
We send the entire pages..i asked that coz m worried...just because of that i hope they will not gone ask for interview.... it may delay the process u know..!!