+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

deme

Feb 2, 2012
Hello guys!

Please help me :( :( I am sponsoring my husband, I am approved as a sponsor and our application sent in Turkey 2 month ago, so it needs 16 month for review, at the same time he applied for visitor visa because our first child was born 1 month ago but they have refused... the reasons are:

1) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence

2) length of proposed stay in Canada...

I do not understand what does it mean...... I am not able to go to back my country because my PR card will be expired in 2 month and can not renew it because I have been in Canada 495 days instead of 740 days, we NEED to go, baby needs to see her father we can not wait for 16 month it is impossible :( :( :( :( can you help us please :( any suggestions...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
deme said:
Hello guys!

Please help me :( :( I am sponsoring my husband, I am approved as a sponsor and our application sent in Turkey 2 month ago, so it needs 16 month for review, at the same time he applied for visitor visa because our first child was born 1 month ago but they have refused... the reasons are:

I do not understand what does it mean...... I am not able to go to back my country because my PR card will be expired in 2 month and can not renew it because I have been in Canada 495 days instead of 740 days, we NEED to go, baby needs to see her father we can not wait for 16 month it is impossible :( :( :( :( can you help us please :( any suggestions...
Unfortunately you are in an almost impossible situation. You can't leave Canada because you may be delayed in returning, which may cause the sponsorship application to be canceled. He should reapply for a visit visa and try to ensure that he has covered the points that led to the previous refusal. Why is your PR card expiring? You only got your PR last year..

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
deme said:
Hello guys!

Unfortunately they tend not to give visitor visas for those that applied for PR. Your husband should try and prove that he has strong ties with his country and will definitely return there and will not overstay his visa. An already purchased return ticket, a short stay (2-3-4 weeks), a letter from his employer stating that he is due to return to work in max. a month, proof of properties that he needs to manage, lease/utility agreements he paid in advance for a long period of time, maybe letters from close family members that are old/sick and relying on him - this sort of things.

You have to see the situation through the VO's eyes: he's married to a resident of Canada, he wants to move to Canada for good - he's the perfect candidate for overstaying.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

Can anybody explain me what is AOR?
I sent application, received email that your sponsorship application has been received
received 2nd email that you have been approved as sponsor and file has been forwarded to CHC Islamabad,
which one is my AOR? when my wife will receive email from CHC??
What will happen next.

Please guide guys

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
TooCareless1 said:
Hello everyone.

Can anybody explain me what is AOR?
I sent application, received email that your sponsorship application has been received
received 2nd email that you have been approved as sponsor and file has been forwarded to CHC Islamabad,
which one is my AOR? when my wife will receive email from CHC??
What will happen next.

Please guide guys

Thanks
AOR is just the "acknowledgment of receipt" to say that they have your application forms. You are now past that and you are now in "SA" and "file transfer" mode.

CANTIKA

Feb 13, 2013
my PR processed in Vreg AB and then now I just been waiting for Vancouver office to contact me I have not received anything since I got my DM later April 11, 2013 I don't know what I supposed to do now should I just wait ? or send them mail ? or knocking the Vancouver office's door just to let them know ?! getting frustrated after while ,
goodman36 said:
Where is your Visa Office?

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
CANTIKA said:
my PR processed in Vreg AB and then now I just been waiting for Vancouver office to contact me I have not received anything since I got my DM later April 11, 2013 I don't know what I supposed to do now should I just wait ? or send them mail ? or knocking the Vancouver office's door just to let them know ?! getting frustrated after while ,
I think first you should call the CIC Call Centre, just to find out if your application made it to Vancouver or not - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp

If they confirm your file has been transferred, you should call the Vancouver Office and make an appointment for in-person help. I don't think it will help knocking on their door without an appointment and without knowing for sure that your file is there :)

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Need help with this please...
We're getting married mid Nov., he is from US, I am Canadian. His return ticket is for end of Jan. We will be sending in the in-land application by the end of Nov. or early Dec. Should he apply for an extension of his visit or will we hear back from someone regarding the application before his ticket return date. We're just not sure if we should sit and wait or ask for the extension anyway. Thanks.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KaZRa said:
Need help with this please...
We're getting married mid Nov., he is from US, I am Canadian. His return ticket is for end of Jan. We will be sending in the in-land application by the end of Nov. or early Dec. Should he apply for an extension of his visit or will we hear back from someone regarding the application before his ticket return date. We're just not sure if we should sit and wait or ask for the extension anyway. Thanks.
All that you will hear is that the application has been received. There would be no more progress in that short a time period. You should consider applying for an extension or sending in an OWP application with the PR application to invoke "implied status" as a visitor.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
So we would send in the sponsor app and all that it entails along with this OWP? And do this in lieu of applying for an extension?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
KaZRa said:
So we would send in the sponsor app and all that it entails along with this OWP? And do this in lieu of applying for an extension?
That's the way that I understand it. There is a place on the CIC website that describes the process. I'll update this post if I can track it down.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KaZRa said:
Yes, if you apply for an OWP along with your inland application, it gives you implied status to stay until you hear back. However, keep in mind that if you leave, your implied status is gone. It is generally not recommended to leave during inland. If he wants to be back and forth, you should apply outland.

The way you apply for an OWP, you can use a change of status form for a worker. There is no special form for OWP. You can find the change of status form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

For an OWP application, on page 1, field 3, you might want to check "work permit for new employer". On page 3, field 1a, you may want to select "open work permit". Personally, I would also write in b that you "request open work permit upon first stage approval".

They are actually separate applications so most people would put it in a separate envelope inside the sponsorship application and write on it "application for open work permit upon first stage approval".

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
AOR is just the "acknowledgment of receipt" to say that they have your application forms. You are now past that and you are now in "SA" and "file transfer" mode.
what is SA means? and after that what are the steps

Regards,