Interview........
21 Jan 2014
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
26 feb 2014
hi...incase if anyone can help me understand.
my husband had sent a mail to delhi on july 4th asking for status...
that time were not aware abt missing the mail which was sent on april 4th...
today he got mail from delhi saying :
" this is in response to your email enquiry to immigration...this application was received by our office and following an intiail review, this application was queued for interview and is currently awaiting its turn for scheduling, based on the date it was received"

is this just a mail that is answered for the sake of or they may be actually calling us for interview...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I would read that as being "You are being interviewed, but not your turn yet".

kalaikali

Sep 12, 2013
I am an Indian and I am currently living in London.

My wife is a Canadian and I applied for a sponsorship visa to Canada few months ago.

Now I have received a mail from Canadian High Commission, New Delhi to pay the landing fee and also submit the passport.

I have already paid my landing fee in Canada and I should be sending my passport. Since I am living in London, I would like to know can I submit my passport in Canadian High Commission, London and if I need to submit my passport in London will there be any procedures to be done?

Some suggest me to send the passport to India, but I do not know how long would it take for me to get back my passport...
As I am living in a different country, I should be holding my passport within the country I guess......

Can someone please help me on this....

Awaiting Reply........

Many Thanks,

Rose13

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Kampala - Uganda
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi - Kenya
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
Doc's Request.
9-04-2013
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-01-2013
Interview........
20-02-2014
Passport Req..
20-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2014
LANDED..........
10-05-2014
Hi members,
I have some inquiry and i believe with the good experience gained during the whole application process, i will get some good advice.
My interview is scheduled for 27th Sept 2013 to access my relationship with my sponsor (hubby). was told to gather as many documents as possible as proof for our marriage and i believe we have got quite alot like marriage certificate, photos, money gram, entry/exit visa, emails, telephone history, whatsapp chat, e.t.c

So am wondering if i should also include my academic documents, employment letters, other identities like driving permit, e.t.c Also, is it necessary for my sponsor (hubby) to write any accompanying letter for me to present on that day?? Please advise. i will be so grateful.

Wishing everyone a smooth process and for good news to come your way so soon.
Rose13

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
ellaine said:
hi betina . i think wella13 knows the answer . she recently sent her scanned RPRF through email. She has same case as yours.i think she scanned the receipt and sent it through email. She has the email ad too.
Thank you very much, ellaine, I PM-ed her. Hope she can shed some light :)

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi Everyone,

I am back from the interview, I am quite confused because I feel it didn't worth it to travel so far for what have happened. I kind of understand her decision, but I still don't understand why did she drag me up there for this.
So, she refused my app for the PR status, because she told me that she cannot accept that for 12 years I did not put any effort into getting back to Canada, and now I want to be back because I am married and I want my husband. Which is true. So this has nothing to fo with H&C , but sponsorship.
She gave me the Travel Document because I have been in Canada in the last Year (April/May), which is valid for 2 months now, and she told me in case I do appeal I have the right to wait for the appeal in Canada with my formal PR card which is valid until the decision is made on my appeal. BUT the kids .... they will be only visitors and they might get the extension on their stay... Well thanks a lot, how could I plan our future on a might?

So, I am confused what to do... and actually , she did not say it, BUT I kind of felt so, that she didn't really like our story, so now I am afraid we should withdraw the sponsorship and wait... wait.... wait... do more visits, or maybe my Husband would get a job in England and we could stay there together, so the VO wouldn't be suspicious about our relationship in a future application.

I got a head ache. and I honestly HATE this all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
I was stupid to fall in love overseas. :'(

positive1800

Sep 11, 2013
Hi There,

I'm a March 2013 Applicant, my application was received on 7th March 2013.

File forwarded to Visa office at New Delhi on 4th April, 2013.

Passport Request 2nd May 2013. I did not send the passport as I was in Canada and I had to come back to India to send the passport.

I requested them more time to give the passport and I finally sent them the passport on 25 August 2013 and the VO reverted back on 30 August 2013 with request for some documents. The documents have been sent on 7 September.

I had got my medical done on 20 September 2012 and the police verification too at that time.

My questions are-

1. How much will the VO take to take a decision on my file? I had gone online to check the status and it says Application Received.

2. Do I have to get my medical done again? or this one is valid?

Thanks

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
positive1800 said:
Hi There,

I'm a March 2013 Applicant, my application was received on 7th March 2013.

File forwarded to Visa office at New Delhi on 4th April, 2013.

Passport Request 2nd May 2013. I did not send the passport as I was in Canada and I had to come back to India to send the passport.

I requested them more time to give the passport and I finally sent them the passport on 25 August 2013 and the VO reverted back on 30 August 2013 with request for some documents. The documents have been sent on 7 September.

I had got my medical done on 20 September 2012 and the police verification too at that time.

My questions are-

1. How much will the VO take to take a decision on my file? I had gone online to check the status and it says Application Received.

2. Do I have to get my medical done again? or this one is valid?

Thanks
Hello,
Well ur medical is valid for one year only...if u will get ur visa before 20th September and land in canada by 20th sep then its okay however after that u have to do medical once again Vo will contact u for medical..!!

positive1800

Sep 11, 2013
Steve Jones said:
Hello,
Well ur medical is valid for one year only...if u will get ur visa before 20th September and land in canada by 20th sep then its okay however after that u have to do medical once again Vo will contact u for medical..!!
Thanks a lot Steve, can I get my medical done now, so that time is not wasted later in getting the medical done.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Steve Jones said:
Hello,
Steve Jones,

You are right in that the Medical is Valid for 12 months, BUT if the medical is less than 15 months old, and the VO believes that there is not reasonable time to land in Canada during the validity they may ask for an extension for up to 12 months.

Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

There you go.

Steve Jones

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Mar-2013
AOR Received.
Mar-2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Med's Done....
feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
positive1800 said:
Thanks a lot Steve, can I get my medical done now, so that time is not wasted later in getting the medical done.
Sorry to say but u can not get medical without VO request
Thanks

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
kalaikali said:
I am an Indian and I am currently living in London.

My wife is a Canadian and I applied for a sponsorship visa to Canada few months ago.

Now I have received a mail from Canadian High Commission, New Delhi to pay the landing fee and also submit the passport.

I have already paid my landing fee in Canada and I should be sending my passport. Since I am living in London, I would like to know can I submit my passport in Canadian High Commission, London and if I need to submit my passport in London will there be any procedures to be done?

Some suggest me to send the passport to India, but I do not know how long would it take for me to get back my passport...
As I am living in a different country, I should be holding my passport within the country I guess......

Can someone please help me on this....

Awaiting Reply........

Many Thanks,
You need to submit the passport only at the visa decision office i.e., New Delhi in your case. But, you can try your luck by sending them an email requesting but as per my knowledge they may give you positive response.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Hungary said:
Hi Everyone,

I am back from the interview, I am quite confused because I feel it didn't worth it to travel so far for what have happened. I kind of understand her decision, but I still don't understand why did she drag me up there for this.
So, she refused my app for the PR status, because she told me that she cannot accept that for 12 years I did not put any effort into getting back to Canada, and now I want to be back because I am married and I want my husband. Which is true. So this has nothing to fo with H&C , but sponsorship.
She gave me the Travel Document because I have been in Canada in the last Year (April/May), which is valid for 2 months now, and she told me in case I do appeal I have the right to wait for the appeal in Canada with my formal PR card which is valid until the decision is made on my appeal. BUT the kids .... they will be only visitors and they might get the extension on their stay... Well thanks a lot, how could I plan our future on a might?

So, I am confused what to do... and actually , she did not say it, BUT I kind of felt so, that she didn't really like our story, so now I am afraid we should withdraw the sponsorship and wait... wait.... wait... do more visits, or maybe my Husband would get a job in England and we could stay there together, so the VO wouldn't be suspicious about our relationship in a future application.

I got a head ache. and I honestly HATE this all soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
I was stupid to fall in love overseas. :'(
Hungary,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I think the visa officer would feel stupid saying that on the one hand, you now only want to return because of your husband, and on the other, that somehow the relationship isn't genuine. That would contradictory.

She probably didn't like your story for the PR card, because what's changed is that you now have a reason to return. When you didn't have a reason, you didn't try to. This must have been more significant to her than the fact that you didn't know the rules. But by the same token, if your husband is your reason to return, then the relationship must be genuine.

Since you've double-checked that you and your family meet the requirements for sponsorship, it's probably best not to appeal. You should probably let your PR lapse by not appealing, and either apply for sponsorship, or, if they tell you you can do this, revive your current application. (I presume you didn't ask to waive your appeal rights, which might have resulted in an immediate loss of PR status.) If you do run into trouble, then get a lawyer involved.

Before you decide not to appeal, try and get your GCMS notes so you can know what reasons were recorded for the PRTD decision. If there is any foundation to your worries about CIC not seeing your relationship as genuine, you ought to find it there.

It's too late now for you to regain your PR by living with your husband in England (I know that's not why you mentioned this), and I don't really see the point of that because there shouldn't be any serious doubts about the genuineness of your relationship.

The reason for the interview was probably that she felt she could be accused of not guaranteeing you procedural fairness if she didn't have one. You're right that her mind was probably made up, but she didn't want to be challenged on the grounds that she hadn't given you a chance.

I don't think anything terrible has happened here, where you should be reconsidering falling in love overseas. You'll probably just need to wait a few more months. Compared to other people, it's taken some extra time to go through the process of losing your PR.

rani2728

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Ahmedabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 Jan 2013
Doc's Request.
4 April 2013
File Transfer...
5 Feb 2013
Med's Request
23 Jan 2013
Interview........
21 Jan 2014
Passport Req..
09 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14 Feb 2014
LANDED..........
26 feb 2014
zardoz said:
I would read that as being "You are being interviewed, but not your turn yet".
[thanks...i wish they wave off the interview...reading how ppl r interviewed and how they are judged by one person, m scared...i just pray that i dont face such day..]

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
frege said:
Hungary,

I'm sorry to hear this.

I think the visa officer would feel stupid saying that on the one hand, you now only want to return because of your husband, and on the other, that somehow the relationship isn't genuine. That would contradictory.

She probably didn't like your story for the PR card, because what's changed is that you now have a reason to return. When you didn't have a reason, you didn't try to. This must have been more significant to her than the fact that you didn't know the rules. But by the same token, if your husband is your reason to return, then the relationship must be genuine.

Since you've double-checked that you and your family meet the requirements for sponsorship, it's probably best not to appeal. You should probably let your PR lapse by not appealing, and either apply for sponsorship, or, if they tell you you can do this, revive your current application. (I presume you didn't ask to waive your appeal rights, which might have resulted in an immediate loss of PR status.) If you do run into trouble, then get a lawyer involved.

Before you decide not to appeal, try and get your GCMS notes so you can know what reasons were recorded for the PRTD decision. If there is any foundation to your worries about CIC not seeing your relationship as genuine, you ought to find it there.

It's too late now for you to regain your PR by living with your husband in England (I know that's not why you mentioned this), and I don't really see the point of that because there shouldn't be any serious doubts about the genuineness of your relationship.

The reason for the interview was probably that she felt she could be accused of not guaranteeing you procedural fairness if she didn't have one. You're right that her mind was probably made up, but she didn't want to be challenged on the grounds that she hadn't given you a chance.

I don't think anything terrible has happened here, where you should be reconsidering falling in love overseas. You'll probably just need to wait a few more months. Compared to other people, it's taken some extra time to go through the process of losing your PR.
Thank you Frege, it feels SO great to have people to talk to about this. Unfortunatley nobody understands it, and if I try to explain, I get wierd faces. ::)
I had a good sleep now, I don't feel so bad anymore.
You are probably right, she wanted to look like being fair. To tell the truth I do agree with her, as I wrote it to you before. I didn't know about my option and right to return, but its something like a person makes a crime and then she tells the judge that she didn't know it was something bad, she will end up in jail anyways.

The reason I had the feeling that she wasn't sure about my marriage is that she gave me a really really bad look when she asked into my "love" for my husband in the past... She said "You were only 10 or 11 years old!!!" :eek: :-X so like I was lying or a "bad type of a woman" if you know what I mean. And then I started to explain that it was only a childish admiration towards him, but made a very strong impact on me and its still here in my heart.... Why is taht so impossible that someone finds her loved one at a very early age and she cant let this feeling go, and as a grown woman when it is legal it turns into REAL love. Especially the way he came here to me and courted and all that passion ahhhh... It was a dream come true. Like winning the lottery only more precious because its not material.
BUT anything I wanted to say just simply stuck into me getting that unbelief and woerd look... The interview situation is kind of awful, you walk through security check and then you sit in a tiny room , a "box" with a security window between you and the VO, talking into a microfone, you loose all your confidence and as soon as you are questioned you feel guilty.
And you may assume that I was not polite, or I look like a "low class" person or cannot talk sophistaceted etc, but nooooooooepe. I was not way too self confident, but not anxious, I was not way too serious but not flippant etc. Ah never mind.

The only reason of consedering the appeal is that I win time with it, which I can spend in Canada (she said appr. a year) so we can resubmit our sponsorship after that, and in that one we can show up a year living together.... We had no money to fly back and forth for years, I need 3 tickets for a trip and he only has 2 weeks holiday a year.... We didnt want to waist our time, so basically he came here, proposed right away and half a year later I made the trip with the two 2 years old and we got married... And submitted the app. And now we are both freaked out... There is a big age difference as well... I was married before... The kids are not common. I am thinking about giving this up and I will try to make him move to me. Or even to England he might feel more comfortable there.
But I will ask him to withdraw the sponsorship for now until we can show up some more time and visit. :'(

Thanks for the support and all your help!