N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
Awesome, thanks guys,

We will give Onnury a call here shortly and check back for Korea Shipping in this thread!

tpx1915

Mar 3, 2014
Hello everyone! I'm happy to report that my wife is now a permanent resident of Canada. Below is our timeline:

Early June 2013 - Wife has her medical check done.
Late July 2013 - Sent our application package to Mississauga.
Late August 2013 - I was approved as a sponsor. Our application was sent to Manilla.
Early April 2014 - Request for additional documents.
Late May 2014 - Confirmation of permanent residence (COPR)
Early June 2014 - Wife "lands" in Canada.

So, it took about 10 months from the time we sent our application to Mississauga. This is pretty quick (compared with what others are having to deal with).

IMPORTANT NOTE When my wife's COPR arrived in late May 2014 it was set to expire within a few weeks. I know it's been said before on this forum, but it bears repeating: When you get the COPR, you should finish the process ASAP.

Wife my applied for a SIN number no problem. They no longer provide SIN cards, they just give you a number.
We are in Ontario. My wife's OHIP will start in 3 months from the day she landed. We need to provide proof of residence in Ontario.

The health check seems to cause a lot of headaches for people. If I could give any advice, it would be to do it right before you send in your application (or possibly later). We did ours a bit too early because we underestimated how long the application would take.

Thank you again so much for all the help.

Now time to find work in Toronto!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Congratulations. You're right, your application was processed fairly quickly.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Hey guys,
It's taking longer to get things together than I was hoping but we should have everything to send by Monday.
Aside for that, my question is about flights.

We are going on our honeymoon on the way to Canada(flying to Hawaii then to Canada is the same if not cheaper). As a result, we can't get a round trip ticket for my wife to prove she's not "staying". What is the best way to get a ticket? Is it worth getting a fully refundable ticket and then refunding it as soon as we are in Canada? I know some suggested Seattle, but that could draw other questions and she doesn't have any family, etc there.
Thoughts?

Ct

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
ctcruiser said:
Hey guys,
It's taking longer to get things together than I was hoping but we should have everything to send by Monday.
Aside for that, my question is about flights.

We are going on our honeymoon on the way to Canada(flying to Hawaii then to Canada is the same if not cheaper). As a result, we can't get a round trip ticket for my wife to prove she's not "staying". What is the best way to get a ticket? Is it worth getting a fully refundable ticket and then refunding it as soon as we are in Canada? I know some suggested Seattle, but that could draw other questions and she doesn't have any family, etc there.
Thoughts?

Ct
Hey that's a coincidence. I am flying to Hawaii this week to meet my partner and then we are flying to Montreal together. For her return ticket, I used points with AC. It was 37500 points and $220 for the taxes. We chose mid September as we will be telling customs that we are spending the summer together. Aeroplan says that you can cancel the ticket 22 days before the intended departure and pay a $90 service charge.

Otherwise you could go the fully refundable route. On Air Canada you can get Tango or Flex and there is a fee to cancel. Or you can get Latitude and there is no fee. However Latitude tickets are more than $3000.

After reading Air Canada's rules (http://www.aircanada.com/en/customercare/refunds.html), you could buy the ticket the last night in Hawaii, print out the itinerary, show it to customs if asked, and then cancel it when you are in Canada. It seems that Air Canada will do a full refund within 24 hours.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
That's tempting, but I've heard that they might not let her board here in Korea if it's a one way flight with no returns. Is that correct? Aero plan is out as I dont(but really should) have a card for them, so I don't have points to use. In Canada I had always used my parents number.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
ctcruiser said:
That's tempting, but I've heard that they might not let her board here in Korea if it's a one way flight with no returns. Is that correct? Aero plan is out as I dont(but really should) have a card for them, so I don't have points to use. In Canada I had always used my parents number.
Oh right, I forgot about leaving Korea. In that case, buy it just before leaving Korea. Cancel in Hawaii. Buy in Hawaii just before leaving and cancel in Canada. Making sure you cancel within 24 hours.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Hmm, that seems a bit stressful considering all the other stuff happening around that time, but I'll look into how to do that.
On another topic, I'm just doing my final sweep of the forms before printing and had a question.
I put down my Korean address(of course) for my residential address, but I still use my parents address for mail in Canada. Is it ok to put their Canadian address as my mailing address? (FYI, my wife's mailing address is currently out in as our residential address here in Korea) not sure if putting the Canadian one is helpful or not.

CT

kazzy

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09--12--2013
Doc's Request.
18--06--2014
VISA ISSUED...
25--07--2014
CanAsian said:
I got a strange request from Manila. I need to show support that I intend to move to canada before or when my wifes applicatuon gets approved. I thought that was all done when i got sponsorship approval. Anyways i need to send them proof that im in canada now. How should i send the additional documents? Email or mail?
Just received this same request by email today.

They asked for my husband's entry / exit information again even though we already sent it with the original application. (December)

In my original application, I gave a letter from my mother stating that she would support and allow us to live with her, and also a letter from my brother. I showed my certification to teach in Canada (that I've kept up even though not living in Canada for 8+ years) and they still want more proof......guess I will have to come up with something else.

They also asked for more additional information about my husband's family members. We had sent that previously as well.

Frustrated!!!!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
kazzy said:
Just received this same request by email today.

They asked for my husband's entry / exit information again even though we already sent it with the original application. (December)

In my original application, I gave a letter from my mother stating that she would support and allow us to live with her, and also a letter from my brother. I showed my certification to teach in Canada (that I've kept up even though not living in Canada for 8+ years) and they still want more proof......guess I will have to come up with something else.

They also asked for more additional information about my husband's family members. We had sent that previously as well.

Frustrated!!!!
You may want to respond to their email and ask them why they are requesting information that has already been provided. It may be that they simply overlooked the fact that it's already in the file or the original information you submitted may somehow be deficient.

CanAsian

Star Member
Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2013
Doc's Request.
26-05-2014
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
10-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-06-2014
From personal experience, if you are able to get together the documents they requested and send off right away you might have a better chance of them finishing your application quicker. They only asked me for proof that i plan to live in Canada. It made it easier since I was already in Canada and had bank statements, phone and internet bills etc. According to UPS (DHL) tracking, Manila received the documents on June 2 and my wife's visa was issued the same day. I had emailed them some questions but sent the documents anyways. Luckily I did because I only got an automated reply from Manila saying

"Dear Sir/Madam,

We received your email regarding file number F****** on 27 May 2014. We note that the file was received on 03 October 2013.

If you have sent us this email to report important changes regarding your application, we will add this information to your file. This email serves as your confirmation of receipt for these documents. Please be assured that this information will be brought to the attention of the appropriate authority.

We note that this file is currently within processing standards. We do not respond to status enquiries if the application is within normal processing times.

Thank you.

Visa Section"

up to you but I would recommend getting documents and sending again.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
CanAsian said:
up to you but I would recommend getting documents and sending again.
Maybe, but the problem is that in our case they asked us for a document we had already sent without telling us that the original document was deficient. Had I not emailed them and asked why they wanted something I'd already given them, I would have simply resubmitted the same deficient document. That's why I suggest asking about it, since the Manila VO just doesn't seem to take the time to tell you why the original document was unsatisfactory.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Wife's Medes have expired, but no request for a re-med yet.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.
I just wonder when the status on CIC would be changed.
I sent my app end of nov. 2013 and my husband was approved as sponsor and got email that my file is transferred to Manila Jan 2014.
but my status on CIC still shows they received application on NOV.2013.

Plus, I did not pay $450 for PR process fee( sorry i forgot the name).
should I pay now or wait till they ask me.

thank you for your help.

kazzy

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09--12--2013
Doc's Request.
18--06--2014
VISA ISSUED...
25--07--2014
bartjones said:
You may want to respond to their email and ask them why they are requesting information that has already been provided. It may be that they simply overlooked the fact that it's already in the file or the original information you submitted may somehow be deficient.
Thanks, I'm going to do that and then just send off the documents again if I don't hear back within a week.