costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
floomy said:
Hello.
I just wonder when the status on CIC would be changed.
I sent my app end of nov. 2013 and my husband was approved as sponsor and got email that my file is transferred to Manila Jan 2014.
but my status on CIC still shows they received application on NOV.2013.

Plus, I did not pay $450 for PR process fee( sorry i forgot the name).
should I pay now or wait till they ask me.

thank you for your help.
Ecas information is notoriously unreliable.

I submitted 1 year before you and no change in status on ecas.

Good luck!

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
floomy said:
Hello.
I just wonder when the status on CIC would be changed.
I sent my app end of nov. 2013 and my husband was approved as sponsor and got email that my file is transferred to Manila Jan 2014.
but my status on CIC still shows they received application on NOV.2013.

Plus, I did not pay $450 for PR process fee( sorry i forgot the name).
should I pay now or wait till they ask me.

thank you for your help.
Are you logging in with your husband's information or your own? By now you will have your own UCI number. That could be the problem

I would definitely pay the fees in full. It will save you waiting when they eventually ask for it.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
My last post was In the middle of another conversation so I didn't see a response on it. Would there be a problem if I put my mailing address as my parents Canadian address and my residential address as my Korean address? I still get Canadian Mail to my parents place. Just wondering because my wife's mailing address would be set to our Korean residence.

Also, we have pictures developed but some iPhone pics could only be printed in smaller sizes, so we ended up having pictures with 3 different sizes. Is that an issue at all? Do they expect all pictures to be a uniform size for proof of the relationship? And to go with the pictures, we have some event tickets, etc. Should we paper clip them to the photos? I was thinking of making a numbered list of support documents. How did you guys organize pictures, tickets, letters, etc?

Ct

Marticus

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Daegu, South Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2014
Doc's Request.
09-07-2014
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
31-12-2013
Interview........
N/R
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
16-09-2014
My last post was In the middle of another conversation so I didn't see a response on it. Would there be a problem if I put my mailing address as my parents Canadian address and my residential address as my Korean address? I still get Canadian Mail to my parents place. Just wondering because my wife's mailing address would be set to our Korean residence.

I do the same thing with my parent's mailing address back home. On my application I used my Korean address (currently here still), so there wasn't any confusion of my wife and I co-habitating. But to answer your question, i don't think there will be any difficulties. Did you make a mention of that in your application? (that could help them as they are sorting through it all)

Also, we have pictures developed but some iPhone pics could only be printed in smaller sizes, so we ended up having pictures with 3 different sizes. Is that an issue at all? Do they expect all pictures to be a uniform size for proof of the relationship? And to go with the pictures, we have some event tickets, etc. Should we paper clip them to the photos? I was thinking of making a numbered list of support documents. How did you guys organize pictures, tickets, letters, etc?
Nope, I printed a variety of pictures on A4 photo paper and printed them out. From what I've read and been told (from those that have their visas in hand) that this is no worries at all.

Ct

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
ctcruiser said:
Would there be a problem if I put my mailing address as my parents Canadian address and my residential address as my Korean address? I still get Canadian Mail to my parents place. Just wondering because my wife's mailing address would be set to our Korean residence.
Just curious. Why would you want to do this?

In this case it's true. Size doesn't matter, lol. Three different photo sizes is fine. It's the picture that counts. There are any number of ways you can organize them. Personally, I made prints and then wrote a short description on the back explaining when the picture was taken, where we were and what we were doing. I think that you want to choose a method that allows the VO to easily understand the picture's significance without rummaging through a bunch of other material to find out. Same with the event tickets. Organize them so that the VO can easily see why they are important to your application.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
For the address, it's where we will be staying when we first get to Canada, and we expect to be there by mid September, so I thought it would save me an address change.

We put the pictures in order and put labels on the back with date, occasion, who's in it etc.
Just wasn't sure what to do with the tickets. Just put them in the envelope or clip them to something etc

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
ctcruiser said:
For the address, it's where we will be staying when we first get to Canada, and we expect to be there by mid September, so I thought it would save me an address change.
I see.

We put the pictures in order and put labels on the back with date, occasion, who's in it etc.
That's what I did. Very simple. The VO just has to flip the picture over to see it's significance.

Just wasn't sure what to do with the tickets. Just put them in the envelope or clip them to something etc
Are you planning on enclosing a covering letter explaining the history of your relationship? If so, then you can just number the tickets and refer to them in the letter e.g. "On October xx we went to a concert (see document #15"). Then number the concert ticket "Document 15" with a label.

seoulcanada

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
HI all,

Hope everyone is well. We're about 4.5 months into my wifes 6 month visitor permit, and I am getting prepared to ask for extended visitor permit.

Is there anything I should know other than just applying online on the CIC website? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
seoulcanada said:
HI all,

Hope everyone is well. We're about 4.5 months into my wifes 6 month visitor permit, and I am getting prepared to ask for extended visitor permit.

Is there anything I should know other than just applying online on the CIC website? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp
Not really. If the online application asks for a medical exam, ignore it.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Thanks for the help. I decided to put both addresses as my Korean one for now to avoid confusion and to keep them the same as my wife's. Also, I did write a cover letter and noted various things in it as you mentioned bartjones. Just waiting on translations to come back, then I'll print everything and send it off.
Can't wait for this part to be over!

Ct

Red Tape Sucks

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manilla
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2014
AOR Received.
February 19, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
VISA ISSUED...
July 29, 2014
LANDED..........
August 20, 2014
The big move is approaching quickly! We will be on a plane and headed back to Canada in 19 days.

I just want to make a list of what we will be doing in the next couple weeks and bringing with us on the plane. If I am missing anything, an help would be greatly appreciated.

Before we leave
1) Change our address to our new Canadian one. All I have to do for this is email Manilla with the new address, correct?
2) Request the GCMS notes. Is this as simple as emailing Manilla as well?

For immigration in Canada.
1) Print out of my sponsorship acceptance email from CIC.
2) My wife's return air ticket
3) List from the shipping company (in English, and in my name) showing what has been shipped.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks again, guys!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Red Tape Sucks said:
1) Change our address to our new Canadian one. All I have to do for this is email Manilla with the new address, correct?
I believe you can send a case-specific email to Manila VO to change address.

For GCMS notes, you have to go through specific steps. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_E_dq_uLVo

For immigration in Canada.
1) Print out of my sponsorship acceptance email from CIC.
2) My wife's return air ticket
3) List from the shipping company (in English, and in my name) showing what has been shipped.
Acceptance letter and return ticket should be good enough.

For the stuff being shipped, is everything in your name or your wife's name? If it's in your name, everything is tax/duty free as a returning Canadian. However everything in your wife's name is subject to full tax/duties since she is not yet a PR.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Red Tape Sucks said:
The big move is approaching quickly! We will be on a plane and headed back to Canada in 19 days.

I just want to make a list of what we will be doing in the next couple weeks and bringing with us on the plane. If I am missing anything, an help would be greatly appreciated.

Before we leave
Yes, just send a case specific inquiry advising them of your new address. You'll need your file number and /or your partner's UCI number.

Yes follow that excellent video. I should say, if you just filed your application in January, it's unlikely those notes will show you anything useful. I'd save the five bucks and wait until August/September.

ctcruiser

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Slightly off topic, but what did you guys do about pension before leaving? Some have said that it's better to leave it and it will be applied when I retire, but I know most people take it before they go. My situation is further complicated because I paid it at my old school but my current school doesn't(I know that by law they should, and this has been a contention here for me)

Any suggestions or experiences that can help me out? Or another place to ind reliable info for this? I'm down to my last 3 months in Korea now after being here since 2007.

Ct

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
ctcruiser said:
Slightly off topic, but what did you guys do about pension before leaving? Some have said that it's better to leave it and it will be applied when I retire, but I know most people take it before they go. My situation is further complicated because I paid it at my old school but my current school doesn't(I know that by law they should, and this has been a contention here for me)

Any suggestions or experiences that can help me out? Or another place to ind reliable info for this? I'm down to my last 3 months in Korea now after being here since 2007.

Ct
I always did independent contracts, so I was never enrolled in the pension system. If no one can help you here, maybe you could post the question over at AFEK (if that organization is still around). I'm sure someone there could answer it for you.