Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Hello, I am a Canadian citizen living in Korea and am planning on moving back to Canada with my Korean wife (married 6 years). Do I have to fill out the sponsor forms and send them to be approved first, or can we send my application and hers at the same time? I know I have to send the application to the Manila office too.

Thank you for the help.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
The sponsor (you) need to send everything to CPC- Missisauga first. They will be the one looking after if you are eligible to sponsor or not. Then, if you get sponsorship approval, CPC-M will forward your application to Manila, who will be working on the application of the sponsored person to get Permaneny Residence.

In short, you will need to gather EVERYTHING and send them all together.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
I am doing the same OP (in Korea as well). It must be sent as one complete package with ALL documents. As another poster mentioned CSC will seperate documents from the package you send and forward to Manilla (since Korea office is closed). I'm 1 month into preparing the package. Feel free to ask me questions if you like.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Thank you both for your replies.

K2C, yes I would definetly like to ask you some questions.

1. I am assuming you are/were an English teacher in Korea, is that correct? How did you deal with the being able to prove you can financially support your spouse in Canada? Did you get a co-guarantor? Unfortunately virtually everything here is in my wife's name, just easier to do when living in Korea.

2. How did you deal with the issue about proving you are seriously about moving back to Canada? i.e. the intent to settle permanently in Canada. This one has always troubled me, because my wife and I own an apartment in Korea (no debt) and will sell it to help us buy a house in Canada, but how do we prove that? Also we want to move over at the same time, not me first.

Also, my wife and I have no children, do we have to fill out the 'dependents' section of her General application?

One more question, did you or your spouse have to fill out this form? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf Everything in there seems to be related to Pakistan or Sri Lanka and any part that could be relevant to my wife has already been covered by other documents.

sheik

Star Member
Oct 14, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
AOR Received.
23-11-2012
File Transfer...
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Passport Req..
5-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013
LANDED..........
august 2013
spousal sponsorship do not need to show any proof of fund.
as for returning to canada, you have to show that you have ties with canada,give reasonableproofwhy you are returning now, good reasons.your planning how you will establish yourself, how you can get a job, and you did not get in your field what will you do and so on.
if you do not have dependent no need to filled it, just write n/a

check your application kit, just go as your application kit mentioned do try to download from other application kit,used only which available for korean

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
CanNZ said:
Thank you both for your replies.

K2C, yes I would definetly like to ask you some questions.

1. I am assuming you are/were an English teacher in Korea, is that correct? How did you deal with the being able to prove you can financially support your spouse in Canada? Did you get a co-guarantor? Unfortunately virtually everything here is in my wife's name, just easier to do when living in Korea.

2. How did you deal with the issue about proving you are seriously about moving back to Canada? i.e. the intent to settle permanently in Canada. This one has always troubled me, because my wife and I own an apartment in Korea (no debt) and will sell it to help us buy a house in Canada, but how do we prove that? Also we want to move over at the same time, not me first.

Also, my wife and I have no children, do we have to fill out the 'dependents' section of her General application?

One more question, did you or your spouse have to fill out this form? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf Everything in there seems to be related to Pakistan or Sri Lanka and any part that could be relevant to my wife has already been covered by other documents.
1. You don't have to prove financial support. However, if you do not include an Option C document (notice of assessment) you submit a letter of employment from your employer And it has to cover the previous 12 months. Or, 12 months of pay stubs. I am going with the employer letter (it must include: salary, job title, hours per week).

2. Submit an address where you plan to live. You may also include a seperate letter explaining your situation.A letter of acceptance from a post-secindary school would be good but not necesssary. I am mainly going with a good explanation letter that highlights our reasons and plans for Canada.

3. No Kids = No Dependants

* it's fine that many of your documents are in Korean. Just be sure to have them properly translated and notarized according to the directions in the application guide.

bartjones

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2013
Doc's Request.
08/27/2013 and 12/20/13 and 07/24/14
AOR Received.
16/03/2013
File Transfer...
04/04/13
Med's Done....
29/01/2013 redone 13/02/14 and 25/03/14
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2014/08/27
LANDED..........
09/09/2014
Just attach a covering letter explaining what sort of work you are qualified to do and what you plan to do in terms of finding work when you get there, what field you anticipate working in etc. If you've already started looking for work, refer them to places on the net where you have your resume posted or have been looking for work. If you plan on using the funds/assets you have here in Korea to reestablish yourself in Canada explain what assets you have here, their value and that you plan to bring them with you when you return. I also enclosed a letter from my brother saying that he knew we were moving home and would put us up at his home for however long we needed to get on our feet.

I guess the first question is, are you serious about moving home? If so, tell them when you are planning to return and what steps you've taken to prepare for the move. I showed them emails showing that I hadn't renewed my longstanding employment contact here because I was moving, inquiries about rental properties in Canada and employment opportunities, moving companies we'd consulted here. That sort of thing. In terms of your apartment, if it's listed for sale, tell them that. If it's not listed tell them when you plan on listing it.

Skip that section. She'll declare that she has no children on Additional Family Information (IMM5406)

You do still need to concern yourself with that document even though, you're right, you have to weed through all the stuff that doesn't apply to you, (which is most of it). There are some parts that are Korea specific. In terms of Korea specific documents you'll need;

1. Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family
Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.

2. Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English

3. Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English. (btw, if your wife is unfamiliar with what this one is, the Korean translation is 제적등본 )

Along with a Korean criminal background check (translated), copy of her Korean ID card and Korean passport. I think that's about it. But you've probably already figured all that out. Good luck.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
CanNZ said:
This one has always troubled me, because my wife and I own an apartment in Korea (no debt) and will sell it to help us buy a house in Canada, but how do we prove that? Also we want to move over at the same time, not me first.
There are 2 things you could show here, other than simply explaining to CIC your intentions:
- if you will temporarily live with parents/relatives/friends while buying a new home, get a letter from them indicating you have arranged to live with them temporarily once moved back to Canada
- if you will be buying a home, get in touch with a real estate agent and have them write a simple letter that you're using their services to look for a new home in Canada

Did you note this part? :
For nationals of Korea:
• Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family
Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Chaejeok DeungBon (Old (deleted) Family Census Register) – translate & notarize

Kachok Kwangae Cheung Myeongseo (Family Relation Certificate) – translate & notarize

Honin Kwangae Cheung Myeongseo (Marriage Relation Certificate) – translate & notarize

Kibon Cheung Myeongseo (basic information) – translate & notarize

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Note in our case, they also asked for my fiancee's "Korean exit / entry certificate since age 18", which shows all the times entering and leaving the country. Even though this is not specified in the country guide. Not sure if you have to include in application, but just be prepared in case Manila office asks for it (we went through now-closed Seoul office).

This was an easy one to send them since it doesn't need to be translated.

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Rob_TO said:
Note in our case, they also asked for my fiancee's "Korean exit / entry certificate since age 18", which shows all the times entering and leaving the country. Even though this is not specified in the country guide. Not sure if you have to include in application, but just be prepared in case Manila office asks for it (we went through now-closed Seoul office).
Okay, I just added that to our list of non-required but good to include documents. thanks

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Thanks for the extra info guys, will add them to the list.

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Some more questions:

On the Generic application form for my wife, one section states:

"Immigration office requested for processing this application"

Does that mean I can ask that a Canadian office processes my wife's application and not the Manila one?

Also

What is the UCI number?

One more question, it looks like I have to fill out an "Option C form" from the Canada Revenue Agency. Where can I find it?

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
CanNZ said:
Some more questions:

On the Generic application form for my wife, one section states:

"Immigration office requested for processing this application"

Does that mean I can ask that a Canadian office processes my wife's application and not the Manila one?

Also

What is the UCI number?

One more question, it looks like I have to fill out an "Option C form" from the Canada Revenue Agency. Where can I find it?

See page 15/44 in your wifes application guide - under Question 3 "If this is your first application with CIC you will not have a UCI or Client ID"

I am also wondering what to indicate for "Immigration office requested for processing this application"
I was thinking Manilla also since the Korean office is closed....anyone know?

CanNZ

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-13
AOR Received.
10-07-13
File Transfer...
22-07-13
Med's Request
Sent with app.
Med's Done....
14-06-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
I am thinking just saying one of the offices in Canada, tbh.

Also, how are you dealing with the "option C" issue from Canada Revenue Agency.? I think I will just not do it as I have not lived in Canada in over 10 years but am wondering how to deal with that one.