+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint 2013

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
@ professional 1 and @ gm77 and @ Canuto Did you hear anything guys?!! I just called the CIC and told me that my findgerprints have been processed and my file has been transferred to local office to set a test date...any idea how long does it take them to do so?! Any updates :)

No updates yet.

Canuto

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2012
Same here, no updates. The last time I talked to the call centre agent, she told me that it will take 8 months more to go to next level (of frustrations, distress and anxiety). :-X

redstone

Apr 6, 2013
if some body has a criminal record in other country, will it effect citizenship file if applicant has been asked for fingerprint OR fingerprint is only for Canada crime????

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
professional 1 said:
Not at my end, I actually called CIC again last week to inquire. They said they have received my fingerprint results from the RCMP and that everything in my file looks great waiting for the next step which is the test.

However, the agent said that scharbrough is a busy office, and takes a little while to schedule tests. There is nothing I can do other than waiting.
When an agent says, "Everything looks great," it doesn't mean anything. I mean, literally. Did you ask the agent whether you got all three security clearances (FOSS, RCMP & CSIS)? The CSIS clearance doesn't show on a copy of your ATIP (GCMS notes) and the agent may not tell you whether you passed it or not. If you don't get a test date within a couple of months or so after your RCMP clearance, it often means you haven''t yet passed the CSIS clearance. There is often a delay for Middle Easterners. It can take several months or more than a year.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
corazon3 said:
When an agent says, "Everything looks great," it doesn't mean anything. I mean, literally. Did you ask the agent whether you got all three security clearances (FOSS, RCMP & CSIS)? The CSIS clearance doesn't show on a copy of your ATIP (GCMS notes) and the agent may not tell you whether you passed it or not. If you don't get a test date within a couple of months or so after your RCMP clearance, it often means you haven''t yet passed the CSIS clearance. There is often a delay for Middle Easterners. It can take several months or more than a year.
I am still within the regular processing time. No pressure. They need to take their time to processe.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
professional 1 said:
I am still within the regular processing time. No pressure. They need to take their time to processe.
What I'm saying is be specific when you ask an agent about the status of your application. Ask an agent if your CSIS check is complete rather than ask him if everything looks all right, (to which most agents will respond by telling you that everything looks great).

By the way, contrary to what you're saying here, you seem obsessed with your app status and anxious to get this done ASAP. LOL.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
corazon3 said:
What I'm saying is be specific when you ask an agent about the status of your application. Ask an agent if your CSIS check is complete rather than ask him if everything looks all right, (to which most agents will respond by telling you that everything looks great).

By the way, contrary to what you're saying here, you seem obsessed with your app status and anxious to get this done ASAP. LOL.

Wow ! Keep what you are saying to yourself, as no one has asked for your opinion and useless info.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
professional 1 said:
Keep what you are saying to yourself, as no one has asked for your opinion and useless info.
It's not just for you but for other people as it is really stupid when people keep asking agents if my CIT app looks all right, to which most agents will simply say everything looks great. LOL.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
corazon3 said:
It's not just for you but for other people as it is really stupid when people keep asking agents if my CIT app looks all right, to which most agents will simply say everything looks great. LOL.

Really !!!!! You surprised me man !

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
professional 1 said:
Really !!!!! You surprised me man !
You call yourself professional when you keep calling CIC call centre and having this kind of inquiry:

Professional 1: Does everything look all right?

Agent 1: Everything looks great.

Professional 1: Thank you sir.

Agent 1: No problem. Have a nice day.

LOL.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
professional 1 said:
Regarding my case, I was requested to do the fingerprint on May, which I did the same day I received the fingerprint. Then, emailed the RCPM and was told that they have processed and sent the results to CIC the same exact date they received it.

Then I emailed CIC and was told after a month that they have received my fingerprint results from the RCMP and will contact me in due course for the next step. I am still waiting for the next step.

Regarding my friend, he went back to the police station the day day after he made the accident voluntarily. When they asked him about the reason of fleeing the scene, he said he got scared.

They did not put him in jail. However, he was billed out, fingerprinted, sent to court, fined for $1500, got his license suspended for one year, and got a summary criminal offence.

This criminal record showed on his fingerprint results and CIC asked him to submit a certificate from the court where he was charged to check the following information:

The offence was indictable or summary

If it is over parmently or can be activated.

If he paid the fine already

If there was any other related charges to that case pending

He got that certificate from court and sent it to CIC, and is now waiting for their response.
Considering the fact you haven't yet been invited for the test, almost four months after your fingerprints submission, I am 100% sure that CIC hasn't yet completed the security check. Most likely it's the CSIS check that's causing this delay.

MeiMei

Oct 7, 2013
Anyone have similar case as my boyfriend? Or any suggestion to case like that. We are located in Vancouver.
Application submitted Apr 2012
Start process on Dec 2012
Finger print request on July 2, 2013 (we did not receive the letter of the request and we call CIC and have them resend on Oct 1, 2013)

My boyfriend got his fingerprint digitally (not with RCMP, but one of CIC authorized agenies listed at the back of the fingerprint request letter) on Oct 5, 2013 and have no criminal record. I'm just worry the processing time as he missed the letter in July and everything got delay for 3 months. Anyone have similar case or located in Vancouver as well? Please help..... :'(

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received: May 10, 2012
Process application: Oct 25, 2012
Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012
Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013
Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013
Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013
Office: Scarborough

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
I figured out why I got my fingerprint request and why there's a recent increase in fingerprint requests when I got my ATIP. It seems there is some sort of a pilot project going on these days.... Anyway, fortunately I had already gotten invited to the test (about a month after my fingerprints submission) and passed it with a perfect score (20 out of 20), which impressed my citizenship officer. My interview was very short and the officer told me I was approved and will get my invitation letter for the oath ceremony in Nov or early Dec. Good luck, guys.