+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint 2013

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to Citizenship and Immigration Website you are correct fingerprinting or biometrics as it is referred to on their site is a new requirement. This is starting in 2013 it will be phased in stages for certain countries. This does not mean one is a criminal it is just a new requirement for certain countries being added when one applies for a Visa.

Here is the direct link to The Government of Canada Citizenship and Immigration Website on the new biometrics requirements.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/biometrics.asp

This will add to the cost of applying for a visa, it is part on the application process. I believe the added cost is to the application is $400.00 per applicant. You can check directly with the link above for up to date accurate information. This is a requirement in other countries already, it is nothing to be alarmed about Canada is simply following the rest of the countries that have this requirement. By all means don't feel you are a victim or a criminal, this is not the case it will apply to everyone from certain countries.

osun

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
How do i request for my digital finger print from RCMP.I did my finger print on the 26 of sptber 2013 and the RCMP just send it TO CIC yesterday oct 15th,2013.Can i get the copy from RCM?I got a request for finger print from cic for citizenship.How long after that?Initial application was march,2013 which status became in process in may 2013.No criminal record.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
@ professional 1 and @ gm77 and @ Canuto Any updates about the processing of your fingerprints and getting into the next step?!! Please keep us updates. I did my digital fingerprint by the mid of July 2013 and still waiting.
anyone got any idea how long is the wait after getting fingerprints? Some people said 35 months or something?
In our case, my wife and I hope that it will be at least 12 months since my wife will be leaving the country for 3 months in the next few months so no news from CIC within 1 year would be actually good.

Anyone got any request from CIC within 1 year?

Thanks,

jess57

Dec 4, 2010
Hey guys,

I also received Fingerprint request yesterday. The letter was sent from Vancouver.

Guys, do you mind sharing your local office? It seems like Toronto area is pretty fast these day.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@jess57

Can you please share your time line, it seems that vancouver office is sending a lot of Finger print requests

jess57

Dec 4, 2010
aamer43 said:
@ jess57

Can you please share your time line, it seems that vancouver office is sending a lot of Finger print requests
I agree. Couple of people that I know applied after Nov 2012 received Fingerprints recently.

Here is my timeline:
2013/05/13 Application Received
2013/07/29 In Process
2013/11/18 Fingerprint Request at local office (Vancouver)

aamer43

May 6, 2009
@jess57, Thanks a lot

Do you need to book an appointment to get your finger prints done OR you can walk-in any day?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ jess57, Thanks a lot

Do you need to book an appointment to get your finger prints done OR you can walk-in any day?
In Vancouver, get the electrical fingerprints, no appointment needed, 30 minutes or less. The office is in downtown, you should check the address on the letter.

Amry83

Aug 25, 2009
Hi Guys,

i am in the same boat. My timeline is;

Application received 13 Feb 2013
AOR sent 13 Feb 2013 received 14 Apr 2013
E-cas in process April 10th 2013
Got Fingerprint request Dec 10th 2013 and sent electronically to RCMP next day

My current local office is St.Clair

However, I discovered yesterday that my fingerprint record contained a mistake in DOB, the local Police Admin who did the fingerprint for me entered 1921 as a year of my birth..... lol that makes me pretty old to apply.

I called CIC and the agent said it shouldn't affect me but suggested to may be go to the local police and fix it. I think it means I have to re-do the fingerprint (may be) so a week delay.

On another tangent, the CIC agent mentioned to me that my file is on a share basis between offices, which means after the fingerprint check they will transfer the file to a local very very fast office (Windsor) from a very very slow office (St.Clair). I hope the fingerprint check go fast. Mentally, I am ok to wait for a year to complete the process.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Don't worry. If you do the digital fingerprint and you don't have a criminal record, it does not really take that long for your fingerprints to be processed and sent to CIC.

I was requested to do fingerprint and it was processed by the RCMP and mailed to CIC the same day I did it "the digital fingerprint".

I even emailed CIC, and was told a month later that they have already received my fingerprint results from the RCMP and that they will contact me for the next step in due course.

The problem that makes the application processing time unusual is in case of a criminal record.

My friend has a criminal record "fail to stop at the accident scene". Therefore, his application took more than 4 months to be processed by the RCMP and an extra month for CIC to contact him and ask for extra documents in that regard.

His case is still stuck because of the criminal record, which may extend his processing time to be unusual, as they still need extra documents to see whether his criminal record would affect his citizenship application or no.

If you don't have a criminal record, don't worry about your processing time.
How to do a fingerprint? Should I have to go to RCMP with the CIC letter? Whom to contact?What is the process?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lilua said:
How to do a fingerprint? Should I have to go to RCMP with the CIC letter? Whom to contact?What is the process?

Check the following link and pick the agency nearest to where you live. Do it digitally as it is faster, but more expensive.

Call them before you go to make sure you are aware of their hours and ask them what they require from you exactly to bring including the fees:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Check the following link and pick the agency nearest to where you live. Do it digitally as it is faster, but more expensive.

Call them before you go to make sure you are aware of their hours and ask them what they require from you exactly to bring including the fees:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/fingerprint.asp

Anyone got update after submitting fingerprints digitally? Thanks

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Yes, I took my test already on Nov,26.
Thank you.
Could you please let me now when your fingerprints was submitted?
My wife submitted in Nov 2013 and she is planning for a 3 months maternity leave in April...she will come back here in July 2014. I just wanted to know the gap in between so we could arrange our flight accordingly.

Thanks,