Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Shylox said:
Just to update everyone, here's what ended up happening with my lost application. To clarify, I wasn't just assuming my package was lost, I called Canada Post because the tracking hadn't been updated and they TOLD me they lost it and that they would contact me when it was found. Lucky for me, it made it to Mississauga before it got lost so it wasn't too far from it's destination. The good news is, they have found it and it's been delivered and signed for by the mysterious JAN that some of you have talked about. So glad this is resolved now =) the only problem is that since they lost track of it, no one knows if it was delivered on the 10th like it was suppose to be, or on the 13th. I guess I will never know haha

To everyone who has recently sent their applications, yayy!! Your hard work is all done =) Best of luck to all of you!
so glad to hear it was found and delivered Shylox.......and really only 1 day's differenced cause the 11th and 12th were on the weekend!!!!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
KJG said:
so glad to hear it was found and delivered Shylox.......and really only 1 day's differenced cause the 11th and 12th were on the weekend!!!!
Exactly! But it does make it harder for me to count down the days haha

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Shylox said:
Exactly! But it does make it harder for me to count down the days haha
yes you are so right...every day in this long process is precious especially the ones gone by!

muchacha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala.. now Mexico?
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
16-12-2012
File Transfer...
19-09-2012
Glad to see that everyone's mail is accounted for! Hearing the word "lost" from the carrier must have been the worst, yikes!

Hmm.. i double checked the form versions that we sent with our app, and it appears we sent a May 2012 version instead of the July 2012 version for one of the forms... I think it was the checklist. Isn't there normally a grace period for this type of thing? Please tell me they won't send the whole thing back because of that!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
muchacha said:
Glad to see that everyone's mail is accounted for! Hearing the word "lost" from the carrier must have been the worst, yikes!

Hmm.. i double checked the form versions that we sent with our app, and it appears we sent a May 2012 version instead of the July 2012 version for one of the forms... I think it was the checklist. Isn't there normally a grace period for this type of thing? Please tell me they won't send the whole thing back because of that!
I am sure you will be fine...the biggest thing was using the old forms without the bar codes and as at March 31 this old forms were no longer accepted....I had some outdated forms as well....but the time you get everythinged and together they change so there definitely is a grace period...don't worry especially if it was only the checklist!!!

rice-racer

Star Member
Aug 15, 2012
Ok, new here and posted in another section some questions.
As of this date, do we submit just one general application, or I read somewhere to submit old and new version together?
This is to sponsor my US wife and 15 year old daughter to British Columbia. We were married in BC 2 weeks ago when they came for vacation here, and back home there now in States.
It seems a LOT of different changes or forms, over the last year.
I'm using guide 3900 to sponsor spouse and dependent child.
Thanks and will be here often!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
I really hope all of my forms were up to date, I'm worried that it's going to get sent back to me now =(

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Luckyman said:
You are saving lots of time! trust me, they take almost 2 months just to see if you have all the stuff....then to just return, modify and send again and wait almost 2 months.....UGH!

If anything I'm glad I could help someone avoid a possible return....Cheers!
Good luck
Yes, thanks for that!
Shylox said:
Just to update everyone, here's what ended up happening with my lost application. To clarify, I wasn't just assuming my package was lost, I called Canada Post because the tracking hadn't been updated and they TOLD me they lost it and that they would contact me when it was found. Lucky for me, it made it to Mississauga before it got lost so it wasn't too far from it's destination. The good news is, they have found it and it's been delivered and signed for by the mysterious JAN that some of you have talked about. So glad this is resolved now =) the only problem is that since they lost track of it, no one knows if it was delivered on the 10th like it was suppose to be, or on the 13th. I guess I will never know haha

To everyone who has recently sent their applications, yayy!! Your hard work is all done =) Best of luck to all of you!
That's good! Like KJG said, 1-3 days won't actually make all that much of a difference ;)

So, I have a question for you guys: As I start making sure I have all my papers, I realize I assumed I didn't need a paper because I didn't need it before. Let me explain:

I was in the Czech Republic for a year when I was 17 as a part of an exchange program, and I turned 18 when I was there.
This was more than 10 years ago. When I applied to the working holiday, they told me I didn't need the police certification, since I had only been there slightly less than 6 months after I turned 18. I'm adding those emails just in case, because I'm paranoid, but I think I don't need that police certificate....... right??!?! :eek:

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
Hey guys, please add me to the list...

Imonec, Meds Jul 4, 2012
Application to be sent in the next week or so

Good luck August rush!

I

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
I have a question for this thread. I'm wondering if anyone in this group has a spouse who was recently denied refugee status and now filing for a spousal sponsorship. If/How has the new refugee bill affected your application?

My fiance was just informed his claim was denied, I'm concerned with what the new bill means to our plans to be married. Our wedding plans are already well underway as we set our date for September this year. His lawyer is applying for an appeal, but reading the bill it isn't very clear in what the timelines will now be since the changes came into affect.

Anyone please able to advise?

Thank you :)

munchkin80

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 10th 2012
Doc's Request.
December 4th 2012, All sent January 3rd 2013
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
December 4th 2012
File Transfer...
September 20th 2012
Interview........
April 16th 2013 - "In Process" on E-Cas: April 17th 2013
Passport Req..
May 19th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon InshAllah
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Luckyman,,

Hi!

Did they mention that you can skip the 3 months now,,, cuz you already waited the 3 months initially after filing the first time....

Will you have to wait in line again the second time now that you've filed again..... Did they mention anything on a letter of any sort, that indicated that you dont have to wait...

just curious cuz I'm afraid mine will be returned for silly mistakes...

Luckyman said:
Put sponsors information......I believe this is the only part where all they care about is that you payed.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Hi Everyone!

Please add me to the spreadsheet when you get the chance, I appreciate it!

My file arrived at VO on Aug 14, 2012.

I feel... good... that I sent off my application.. but I also feel like a bad parent that shipped a fragile, precious, niave child off into a world it might not be ready for... ya know? Terrifying.. especially with talk of changed forms and lost parcels and stuff... All we can do is hope things go smoothly.

Wishin u all the best!!

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
Good day! everyone who wish to be added to the spreadsheet: kindly provide the following details:

When did you do your medicals?
When was your application sent?
When the CIC received your application?
Which VO are you going through?

& keep us posted. ;)

Thanks a lot. :) Good luck & Welcome to the group. Cheers! :)

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012
MissDominica said:
Hi Everyone!

Please add me to the spreadsheet when you get the chance, I appreciate it!

My file arrived at VO on Aug 14, 2012.

I feel... good... that I sent off my application.. but I also feel like a bad parent that shipped a fragile, precious, niave child off into a world it might not be ready for... ya know? Terrifying.. especially with talk of changed forms and lost parcels and stuff... All we can do is hope things go smoothly.

Wishin u all the best!!
You're added MissDominica. Cheers! But i don't know your VO? POS means? ;D

Luckyman

Sep 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munchkin80 said:
Luckyman,,

Hi!

Did they mention that you can skip the 3 months now,,, cuz you already waited the 3 months initially after filing the first time....

Will you have to wait in line again the second time now that you've filed again..... Did they mention anything on a letter of any sort, that indicated that you dont have to wait...

just curious cuz I'm afraid mine will be returned for silly mistakes...
No it didn't mention anything because that would be too fair.

Sorry, but I'm still bitter. Did you save your pdf's, if so check the dates and if the don't match current, check your mailbox everyday.

So sorry for anyone else this happens to!