24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Sweden said:
Sorry to bear bad news, but no, you can't. if you apply inland, at the end of the first stage,(currently 11 months) you can ask for a work permit.
If you are filing outland, you will get the sponsorship approval in about 3 months ( according to the website) and then it goes to your VO. Once your PR is issued, you can land and then you have a work permit. Same for the health care - there is a 3 months period after landing before you are covered, depending on the provinces, but it applies to most of them.

You might have to consider other options to keep your work permit - probably ask your employer for a LMO (labour market opinion) so he can ask for a work permit for you. It takes a while, so it would be best to start now.
Good luck,
Sweden
Sweden, I'm not sure it's that straightforward, regarding health care. For example in BC, a spouse who is applying for permanent residency and in Canada as a visitor may qualify for health coverage:

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

At least that's how I interpret the above document.

tavora

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
02-07-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
07-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
epilobium said:
Sweden, I'm not sure it's that straightforward, regarding health care. For example in BC, a spouse who is applying for permanent residency and in Canada as a visitor may qualify for health coverage:

http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

At least that's how I interpret the above document.
It is a pretty vague, I agree. But it does state that the waiting period for medical coverage is the balance of the first month plus two months for anyone, either new or returning to B.C. The date the Ministry would use for determining residency is unclear from that document, though.

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
tavora said:
It is a pretty vague, I agree. But it does state that the waiting period for medical coverage is the balance of the first month plus two months for anyone, either new or returning to B.C. The date the Ministry would use for determining residency is unclear from that document, though.
It says:
In some circumstances, however, the wait period may begin on the date the application fee for permanent resident status was received by CIC. This is provided there is no significant delay between the fee being paid and the application being received by CIC. Please note that although the wait period may begin based on the date the fee is paid, proof the application has been accepted for processing by CIC is required in order to confirm eligibility.
So, in theory, the wait period could start from when you pay the fee, as long as you have the AOR to back in up (proof that you actually applied after paying the fee). By the time we receive the AOR, we would be eligible to apply, and the wait period of 3 months would have already passed. Not saying it would necessarily be that straightforward, but it basically sounds like if MSP is convinced that you will get PR, you have a pretty good shot at starting the wait period when you pay the fees, not when you land or get PR (huge difference in time elapsed).

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
epilobium said:
It says:So, in theory, the wait period could start from when you pay the fee, as long as you have the AOR to back in up (proof that you actually applied after paying the fee). By the time we receive the AOR, we would be eligible to apply, and the wait period of 3 months would have already passed. Not saying it would necessarily be that straightforward, but it basically sounds like if MSP is convinced that you will get PR, you have a pretty good shot at starting the wait period when you pay the fees, not when you land or get PR (huge difference in time elapsed).
yes - the text is not really clear, that's why I added "it depends on the province", it might be possible to get health care. But no work permit - i think that Anarcho got the information related to first stage INLAND procedure where you can have an open work permit after the first stage is passed - that's not the case for OUTLAND.
Thanks!
Sweden

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Sweden said:
You should be fine. It says police certificate for countries where you have spent 6 months or more when you were 18. So if that doesn't apply to you, then no need for it. And including the email correspondance about it is a good idea, so you'll be fine!
Sweden
Ok, thanks! I'm including the emails, just in case, to explain why we're not sending them.

I have a question, out of curiosity: do they have to read every single paper we send? Or they judge how much of the proof folder they read, e.g., until they're "convinced" our relationship is genuine? We're sending 370+ pages worth of proof for stuff, (that we're going back to Canada when I get approved for my PR, comments we made to each other on the site we made, important emails, proof of our constant chatting, etc. etc.) and I suffered for the guy having to read all of that, lol!

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Kelm said:
I'm hoping the same thing too. I got paranoid when I heard about the changes and went through the forms...of course after my app was sent).

It seems like only the checklist and IMM008 were updated (though, do check the others, everyone-just to be sure). However, for some reason, I only noticed the checklist was updated and reprinted it before I mailed the application. I didn't know 008 was updated until after it was sent...

Either way, I remember when they had updated that form and IMM 1334 (or 1344...whatever sponsor application form) they gave a grace period to still use the old forms. Since these forms were only updated in June/July, I'm hoping we have that grace period too.

With additional paranoia setting in, I compared the IMM 008 forms, old and new... to me (and maybe I missed something) I couldn't find anything different. Perhaps it's an update that has to do with the barcodes that we can't see?

Either way, I'm in the same boat with you and hoping it'll be okay, but I'm comforted with the idea that they are very recent changes and we should be in the grace period and that there aren't major changes such as the changes from the non barcode forms to the barcode ones that happened a few months ago.

Happy thoughts, everyone!
When I was redoing the IMM0008, I noticed a difference... Where you have to write the applicant's height, I wrote 175cms-- and it automatically added a 5'9" next to it! I mean, if that's all.... ???

Anyway, I hope they consider a grace period.

Kelm

Jan 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
18-09-2012
Med's Done....
11-07-2012
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
kyc221 said:
When I was redoing the IMM0008, I noticed a difference... Where you have to write the applicant's height, I wrote 175cms-- and it automatically added a 5'9" next to it! I mean, if that's all.... ???

I think the old IMM008 did that for me too. It just does the math magic for us :)

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
kyc221 said:

I noticed this too, but when I printed it out it only included the cm for some reason. I have no idea why.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Well, I just moved back to Canada.... Leaving my husband today was so so hard..... I really hope within the week I can get this application sent off because the sooner I send it, hopefully the sooner he will be here. I don't think it has really hit me that I have moved and I won't be returning within 2 weeks time..... :(

epilobium

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
greater Vancouver area
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
19-09-2012 (stage 1)
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
19-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2013
Oh Tink, that must be so hard :( . I hope that things will be getting faster for all of us.

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
tink23 said:
Well, I just moved back to Canada.... Leaving my husband today was so so hard..... I really hope within the week I can get this application sent off because the sooner I send it, hopefully the sooner he will be here. I don't think it has really hit me that I have moved and I won't be returning within 2 weeks time..... :(
I'm sorry =( I'm sure that's so hard, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to the states soon if they don't approve my application for a status restoration. I've been here for 7 months and now I can't imagine ever being apart from my wife =( I hope your app gets process very quickly! Best of luck to you my friend.

ayodejicharle

May 2, 2012
Hi guys, I am new to the forum and I ann about to send in my application this august, the issue I have is am a refugee claimant and it funny I did my marriage 4th of August and also got the notice to appear for the refugee claim also in August, I tried getting intouch with the lawyer I am using to try extending the date for me but she was proving difficult about that, my first question is pls does anybody no much about refugee claim issue, can I get the date extended and if not if I withdraw the lawyer if refused do I need a lawyer to appeal. Second question I'd my application is inland, do need to submit medical report now or will it be ask for at a later date! Please help as I already have all other docs I need. Thanks guys.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Shylox said:
I'm sorry =( I'm sure that's so hard, I'm afraid I'm going to have to go back to the states soon if they don't approve my application for a status restoration. I've been here for 7 months and now I can't imagine ever being apart from my wife =( I hope your app gets process very quickly! Best of luck to you my friend.
Thank you. I hope that your status is restored and that your PR is approved before u need to move. It was very difficult. I've lived there in DR for 3 years, so coming back here is also a big change, and leaving my husband was the worst of it. Lets hope everyone in August has a lot of good luck and we're all approved for PR without an hiccups.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Sweden said:
that's Port of Spain - capital of Trinidad and Tobago :)
Thanks Sweden, didn't see that reply in time ;)

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
tink23 said:
Tink, I'm feeling the same. It is JUST starting to hit me now that I'm really away from my luv for however long this takes. I lived in Dominica (common-law) and just got back to Canada less than 2 weeks ago. I thought it would get easier as time went on, but every day I wake up thinking "I can't do this for a whole year." It's soooooo hard. We just have to keep looking forward to that day when they'll be here forever. *hugs*