11-07-2012
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-04-2013
Shylox said:
I really hope all of my forms were up to date, I'm worried that it's going to get sent back to me now =(
I'm hoping the same thing too. I got paranoid when I heard about the changes and went through the forms...of course after my app was sent).

It seems like only the checklist and IMM008 were updated (though, do check the others, everyone-just to be sure). However, for some reason, I only noticed the checklist was updated and reprinted it before I mailed the application. I didn't know 008 was updated until after it was sent...

Either way, I remember when they had updated that form and IMM 1334 (or 1344...whatever sponsor application form) they gave a grace period to still use the old forms. Since these forms were only updated in June/July, I'm hoping we have that grace period too.

With additional paranoia setting in, I compared the IMM 008 forms, old and new... to me (and maybe I missed something) I couldn't find anything different. Perhaps it's an update that has to do with the barcodes that we can't see?

Either way, I'm in the same boat with you and hoping it'll be okay, but I'm comforted with the idea that they are very recent changes and we should be in the grace period and that there aren't major changes such as the changes from the non barcode forms to the barcode ones that happened a few months ago.

Happy thoughts, everyone!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Ok, the paranoia is wide spread because I'm really nervous too! Not with the forms (I checked them all 2 days ago and we just did them all on August 10th) but for my documents... I've been living in DR with my husband for the last 3 years (although we only just got married on July th) and I'm moving back to Canada tomorrow (seriously depressed....) and he can't come with my because DR requires a TRV and he doesn't have one (Long story short, he got one in 2010 and came with me to spend Christmas and New Years in December 2010 and we tried again for one in May 2012 and he was denied... dont' know how b/c we presented the exact same documents AND he had the additional proof that he already returned to DR after the last TRV.... Immigration makes ZERO sense!) Ahooo...... I'm moving back tomorrow and thus I am very worried about forgetting something and having to delay sending the package and having to spend more time and money to fed-ex the things that we need (and unfortunately we do not have any money to spend on that...)...

My question is about the translation of documents again for those who have their marriage certificate, etc. in another language. Ours are in Spanish.... I want to be 100% certain that my translations are done correctly.
We have the marriage certificate translated, my husband's birth certificate translated, and his police check translated.

I know we have to send the original spanish police certificate, along with the original translation, certified/notariazed.
The marriage certificate and birth certificate we have a certified copy of the Spanish, and the original translation certified/notarized.

To certify the Spanish marriage certificate and spanish birth certificate the lawyer just made a photo copy of it, stuck his stamp on it (the same one he used to certify the translations) and then signed the stamp. This means it is correctly certified, right?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!
I just want to make sure we are sending the correct certified format of the copy of the spanish documents and not have them send it back saying it wasn't certified or that they'd prefer the original, etc..... Please reassure me one last time! Or tell me what I need to fix!

Thank you everyone!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
tink23 said:
Ok, the paranoia is wide spread because I'm really nervous too! Not with the forms (I checked them all 2 days ago and we just did them all on August 10th) but for my documents... I've been living in DR with my husband for the last 3 years (although we only just got married on July th) and I'm moving back to Canada tomorrow (seriously depressed....) and he can't come with my because DR requires a TRV and he doesn't have one (Long story short, he got one in 2010 and came with me to spend Christmas and New Years in December 2010 and we tried again for one in May 2012 and he was denied... dont' know how b/c we presented the exact same documents AND he had the additional proof that he already returned to DR after the last TRV.... Immigration makes ZERO sense!) Ahooo...... I'm moving back tomorrow and thus I am very worried about forgetting something and having to delay sending the package and having to spend more time and money to fed-ex the things that we need (and unfortunately we do not have any money to spend on that...)...

My question is about the translation of documents again for those who have their marriage certificate, etc. in another language. Ours are in Spanish.... I want to be 100% certain that my translations are done correctly.
We have the marriage certificate translated, my husband's birth certificate translated, and his police check translated.

I know we have to send the original spanish police certificate, along with the original translation, certified/notariazed.
The marriage certificate and birth certificate we have a certified copy of the Spanish, and the original translation certified/notarized.

To certify the Spanish marriage certificate and spanish birth certificate the lawyer just made a photo copy of it, stuck his stamp on it (the same one he used to certify the translations) and then signed the stamp. This means it is correctly certified, right?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!
I just want to make sure we are sending the correct certified format of the copy of the spanish documents and not have them send it back saying it wasn't certified or that they'd prefer the original, etc..... Please reassure me one last time! Or tell me what I need to fix!

Thank you everyone!
It seems correct - the process depends on the country. But - you should be fine. You have put your best efforts in the application, you have a relationship with a solid history, and you will be back in Canada, so you won't be questioned about whether you will live in Canada after the PR or not - so you will be fine! it's more a matter of waiting ( and I agree - that's not fun), than anything else.

If they need more documents, they will provide you with an opportunity to send them - so you'll be fine. as long as you have sent all the correct forms, and some documentation, they will open your file, give you a file number and process your documents. If something is missing, they will let you know but you won't loose your place in the queue, so it won't delay you too much.

I imagine that moving back to canada is not fun, but try to concentrate on the good things there - you will be able to already have a place to stay, re-establish yourself, find a job etc, so once your husband gets his PR, he will be able to join right away and start his life with you - no delays in finding a place etc !

Good luck with your application,
Sweden

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Sweden said:
It seems correct - the process depends on the country. But - you should be fine. You have put your best efforts in the application, you have a relationship with a solid history, and you will be back in Canada, so you won't be questioned about whether you will live in Canada after the PR or not - so you will be fine! it's more a matter of waiting ( and I agree - that's not fun), than anything else.

If they need more documents, they will provide you with an opportunity to send them - so you'll be fine. as long as you have sent all the correct forms, and some documentation, they will open your file, give you a file number and process your documents. If something is missing, they will let you know but you won't loose your place in the queue, so it won't delay you too much.

I imagine that moving back to canada is not fun, but try to concentrate on the good things there - you will be able to already have a place to stay, re-establish yourself, find a job etc, so once your husband gets his PR, he will be able to join right away and start his life with you - no delays in finding a place etc !

Sweden
Thank you Sweden. My husband has said the same thing to me as well. I'd like to remain living here in DR with him until he gets PR, but in reality the right thing for me to do is go back and get a job, etc before he comes so at least I will be settled and then will hopefully make his transition easier as well. Economically, I can't stay in DR because there's just no way to save money, so to Canada I go!

I've read the country specific guide numerous times (we have the Caribbean country specific) and I think it is done correctly, but the wording is confusing... I've asked other ppl who have gone through Santo Domingo and they said they did it this way, so I think it's right... just triple checking because I am a worrier!

Thanks again.

imonec

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hamilton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
17-09-2012
Med's Request
24-02-2013
Med's Done....
04-07-2012
LANDED..........
04-04-2014
imonec said:
Hey guys, please add me to the list...

Imonec, Meds Jul 4, 2012
Application to be sent in the next week or so

Good luck August rush!

I
My visa office will be Vegreville

louie_ann

Star Member
Aug 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13, 2012
Med's Done....
July 3, 2012

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
louie_ann said:
You're added MissDominica. Cheers! But i don't know your VO? POS means? ;D
that's Port of Spain - capital of Trinidad and Tobago :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rice-racer said:
Ok, new here and posted in another section some questions.
As of this date, do we submit just one general application, or I read somewhere to submit old and new version together?
This is to sponsor my US wife and 15 year old daughter to British Columbia. We were married in BC 2 weeks ago when they came for vacation here, and back home there now in States.
It seems a LOT of different changes or forms, over the last year.
I'm using guide 3900 to sponsor spouse and dependent child.
Thanks and will be here often!
Hey rice-racer,

welcome to the forum.
You ahve to submit one application, including both your wife and her daughter. Make sure that you use the last version of all the forms on the website, the best way is to go to the website when you start filling out the forms, and download it from there. Don't forget to get the country specific guideline, for US resident in your case.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kyc221 said:
Yes, thanks for that!
That's good! Like KJG said, 1-3 days won't actually make all that much of a difference ;)

So, I have a question for you guys: As I start making sure I have all my papers, I realize I assumed I didn't need a paper because I didn't need it before. Let me explain:

I was in the Czech Republic for a year when I was 17 as a part of an exchange program, and I turned 18 when I was there.
This was more than 10 years ago. When I applied to the working holiday, they told me I didn't need the police certification, since I had only been there slightly less than 6 months after I turned 18. I'm adding those emails just in case, because I'm paranoid, but I think I don't need that police certificate....... right??!?! :eek:
You should be fine. It says police certificate for countries where you have spent 6 months or more when you were 18. So if that doesn't apply to you, then no need for it. And including the email correspondance about it is a good idea, so you'll be fine!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
imonec said:
My visa office will be Vegreville
Good luck - I assume you are filing inland? maybe it's worth mentioning in the spreadsheet that it's inland, so people that are not familiar with the process understand why your timeline will be so different - it's not actually a VO, but just CIC looking at your application from start to finish, and your file doesn't get sent anywhere for the second stage...

Good luck!
Sweden

AnARcHo

Jul 17, 2012
Well, we sent ours on August 7, it's already on Mississauga centre, and them goes to Sao Paulo, Brazil :)

With the AOR I can request my open work permit and health card right? Asking because my actual work permit expires now on October, and I currently in probation period on my new job, can lost this opportunity! :(

Anyway, good luck to all august ppl ! :)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. Everything is ready.

Now I am mailing the package by Canada Post (Xpresspost) to:

SPONSORSHIP: SPOUSAL
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
PO Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4N6

Is this correct?

Also, is it ok to ask for a Signature Acknowledgement if I mail the package at the above address by Canada Post?

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
goodman36 said:
Ok. Everything is ready.

Now I am mailing the package by Canada Post (Xpresspost) to:

SPONSORSHIP: SPOUSAL
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga
PO Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4N6

Is this correct?

Also, is it ok to ask for a Signature Acknowledgement if I mail the package at the above address by Canada Post?
Yupp, that's right! And yes signature confirmation is no problem.

Good luck! =)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AnARcHo said:
Well, we sent ours on August 7, it's already on Mississauga centre, and them goes to Sao Paulo, Brazil :)

With the AOR I can request my open work permit and health card right? Asking because my actual work permit expires now on October, and I currently in probation period on my new job, can lost this opportunity! :(

Anyway, good luck to all august ppl ! :)
Sorry to bear bad news, but no, you can't. if you apply inland, at the end of the first stage,(currently 11 months) you can ask for a work permit.
If you are filing outland, you will get the sponsorship approval in about 3 months ( according to the website) and then it goes to your VO. Once your PR is issued, you can land and then you have a work permit. Same for the health care - there is a 3 months period after landing before you are covered, depending on the provinces, but it applies to most of them.

You might have to consider other options to keep your work permit - probably ask your employer for a LMO (labour market opinion) so he can ask for a work permit for you. It takes a while, so it would be best to start now.
Good luck,
Sweden

kathyl

Apr 25, 2012
My husband sent our application today :D.
I got my medical examination on July 13th.
Beijing Office.

Good luck to all of us!!