+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit delay in visa processing

skd46443

Nov 3, 2020
Application submitted on 3rd September.l have seen 4 ghost updates from last month till date before my eligibility changed today.what do you think?
No medicals yet.
I guess you should first get medical update then Biometric Validation letter and then decision will follow. now talking about timeline it really depends from which country you have applied from.

olypompin

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
I guess you should first get medical update then Biometric Validation letter and then decision will follow. now talking about timeline it really depends from which country you have applied from.
Thanks.l will go for upfront medicals next Thursday hope to have gotten request before then.Application was made from Nigeria.Really appreciate.

Arjun2304

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
This is not true. Work permit validity starts the day you land and they issue you actual permit. For now they will only issue you LOA or something and stamp on the passport.
ok Based on that logic visa will expire earlier then work permit .

Arjun2304

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Visa and work permit are same. Which visa you are talking about?
one of my friend got WP approved in FEB and stamped in NOV . He couldn't travel till due to some personal issues but now his visa getting expired in FEB .
so i'm kind of confuse here ...

xkDSp

Aug 18, 2020
one of my friend got WP approved in FEB and stamped in NOV . He couldn't travel till due to some personal issues but now his visa getting expired in FEB .
so i'm kind of confuse here ...
If your work permit application is approved
You’ll get an approval letter that says you’re allowed to work in Canada. This letter is called the port of entry letter of introduction.

You should bring this letter with you when you travel to Canada and present it at the port of entry. This letter is not your work permit.

You’ll only get your work permit at the port of entry the day you arrive in Canada.
You can find more details here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/after-apply-next-steps.html#process-outside